This I feel is Dak's Achille's heal

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. Dak is a B+ QB. I feel he is a great leader and a hard worker. The problem I feel with Dak is that he has tunnel vision at times and most importantly he has it in the most crucial times. I don't know if it's the higher pressure causing it but I have seen enough over the years to know it's a problem. Here it is. For whatever reason he doesn't go through his reads and he doesn't always hit the receiver that is his best option. That blown up pass to Tolbert, Ferguson is wide open down the middle. That pass to Schoonmaker at the goal line. Man Cooks is wide freakin open and Dak never looks that way. He goes to the I guess the first guy in his progression and boom Eagles have the ball. And that's the difference from being good to great. The Bradys, the Manning's the Montana's and Mahome's make these plays. For whatever the reason, Dak doesn't more times than not. And this team will never get over the hump until that is solved. I hope like hell that McCarthy and Schottenheimer are going over it with Dak and telling him, "We've got to make these reads and hit the open guy." Don't get me wrong. I do like him. I do feel he's a good QB. He's just not great and that's what this team needs right now.

HMJYay

Reaction score
He's prone to mistakes, so in tighter moments he's even slower physicallly and with his reads (and he's slow anyway). It's why he can't play from behind. Or can't win games without the defense creating turnovers. He's a middle of the pack QB that people hype has more because he had 10 game winning streak with a hall of fame O line and 1700 yard RB.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
He's prone to mistakes, so in tighter moments he's even slower physicallly and with his reads (and he's slow anyway). It's why he can't play from behind. Or can't win games without the defense creating turnovers. He's a middle of the pack QB that people hype has more because he had 10 game winning streak with a hall of fame O line and 1700 yard RB.
A healthy Romo could have done that in 16 or better. Cowboy's decided they had a new guy.

gtb1943

Reaction score
That is a problem all QBs not truly elite seem to have; locking onto a WR and giving the D the edge. Or locking onto a part of the field. Not looking around; looking off the DBs is a sign of an elite QB.

HMJYay

Reaction score
I hope he can prove everyone wrong eventually. I have strong doubts that he will.
The only way he does is if all bounces go his way and multiple good teams in a row crap the bed. Or he gets to play the 2022 Bucanneers in meaningful games lol. The guy has played in what 120 games? He is what he is. Circumstances around him could change, but it's tough with his salary. He is what he is. The real question is will the Cowboys man up and search for somethign new or stick with thier marketing plan of hyping Dak.

lkelly

Reaction score
Achilles heal:

aaron-rodgers-update-from-hospital.jpg

starfan1

Reaction score
A healthy Romo could have done that in 16 or better. Cowboy's decided they had a new guy.
ya because the healthy Romo part of the equation was missing far too often. I was all about the change the defense let dak down just as it did to romo in 14 that said hindsight you never know. I myself believe in my heart that the 14 team was a better team and they spit the bit as well.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
ya because the healthy Romo part of the equation was missing far too often. I was all about the change the defense let dak down just as it did to romo in 14 that said hindsight you never know. I myself believe in my heart that the 14 team was a better team and they spit the bit as well.
Remember when Dallas was playing Philly the last season of the game? Romo comes in and in a commanding way march's Dallas right down the field and throws a td. Romo wanted to play the rest of the game but Dallas wouldn't let him because I think they knew he would ball out and their would be a contreversery brewing.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
The Vikings game this weekend, where Dobbs came in and didn’t know his teammates names or any of the plays, and got the win, got me thinking. Is it possible that the plays have gotten too complicated, to the point that every QB needs a cheat sheet on their arm, when they might be better off just going out there and playing? I’m probably way off base here, and will no doubt take heat for suggesting it. Just seems to me that if they have to stand back there and go through every read in their head for every play, instead of just looking and seeing what’s available, it can be overwhelming. Maybe some of these guys just don’t have the IQ to do that.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Interesting coming from "Romo Is God?" :laugh: My only issue is that we cannot cherry pick. He's at 70% + completion rate and top 4 QBR. You have to also dissect all the times he makes the correct reads but that wouldn't be as spicy after a loss. I'm sure the philly pass rush may have sped up his decision making but no excuses. He definitely needs to improve but tough if we're gonna put the microscope on a few bad plays.