This I feel is Dak's Achille's heal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes I do understand hot reads. Just seems to me that maybe your rookie tight end shouldn't be the hot read.
Now see that…..that’s a whole different issue that has nothing to do with Dak. When I need a big play I want it to go to Lamb or Ferg or even Cooks. Tolbert and Schoon have some ways to go to gain that trust but this team trusts them it seems.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. Dak is a B+ QB. I feel he is a great leader and a hard worker. The problem I feel with Dak is that he has tunnel vision at times and most importantly he has it in the most crucial times. I don't know if it's the higher pressure causing it but I have seen enough over the years to know it's a problem. Here it is. For whatever reason he doesn't go through his reads and he doesn't always hit the receiver that is his best option. That blown up pass to Tolbert, Ferguson is wide open down the middle. That pass to Schoonmaker at the goal line. Man Cooks is wide freakin open and Dak never looks that way. He goes to the I guess the first guy in his progression and boom Eagles have the ball. And that's the difference from being good to great. The Bradys, the Manning's the Montana's and Mahome's make these plays. For whatever the reason, Dak doesn't more times than not. And this team will never get over the hump until that is solved. I hope like hell that McCarthy and Schottenheimer are going over it with Dak and telling him, "We've got to make these reads and hit the open guy." Don't get me wrong. I do like him. I do feel he's a good QB. He's just not great and that's what this team needs right now.
Prescot is an average QB at best. He's like a Packman Game when he going up against the bottom feeders, gobbling up those stats, but when he's going up against the elite teams in the league he NUTS UP bigtime! Hardly ever get's off his first read who happens to be covered like a blanket, when his second and third reads are running free like they're the only ones on the field. It's apparent now that Prescot is never going to lead this team to a SB and if JJ is okay with dying with 3 SB trophies then I guess we're out of luck.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. Dak is a B+ QB. I feel he is a great leader and a hard worker. The problem I feel with Dak is that he has tunnel vision at times and most importantly he has it in the most crucial times. I don't know if it's the higher pressure causing it but I have seen enough over the years to know it's a problem. Here it is. For whatever reason he doesn't go through his reads and he doesn't always hit the receiver that is his best option. That blown up pass to Tolbert, Ferguson is wide open down the middle. That pass to Schoonmaker at the goal line. Man Cooks is wide freakin open and Dak never looks that way. He goes to the I guess the first guy in his progression and boom Eagles have the ball. And that's the difference from being good to great. The Bradys, the Manning's the Montana's and Mahome's make these plays. For whatever the reason, Dak doesn't more times than not. And this team will never get over the hump until that is solved. I hope like hell that McCarthy and Schottenheimer are going over it with Dak and telling him, "We've got to make these reads and hit the open guy." Don't get me wrong. I do like him. I do feel he's a good QB. He's just not great and that's what this team needs right now.
I'd like to think I am fair when it comes to Dak and this team. And after this game....if we Dak is the primary reason we lost...then some of you all just have an agenda. Is Dak Patrick Mahomes? No. But who else is? Dak is in the top 12ish range in the NFL. Which means he is going to need a running game. He is going to need his team not to commit stupid penalties. And he is going to need a defense that can keep GOOD teams between 21 - 24 points. Is that to much to ask? Not if you are a top 12ish QB. He is who we have. And I can list a lot of other players on that field Sunday that did not come close to playing to their reputation/contract...before I get to Dak

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Some of us actually played and starred in football, unlike you blokes who never even played the sport.

I remember all your war stories, how you went from playing center then switch to linebacker. lmao. I could see Tyler going from center and taking LVE's spot at linebacker like you did. Didn't you say that when you played for Polk High you scored four TD's in one game? Then you told us you were going to show us all your medals, trophy's, and other junk but someone stole them or took them from you like OJ's stuff that got stolen. Yeah, man, what a hero.

(waiting for the insults, Rambo, and other crap). lol.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I almost felt sorry for dak because he choked on the 2-point conversion and on the 6-yard line, but then I came in here and listened to no stop blaming everybody but him. He played well for most of the game then he choked out like usual. shrugs, he is what he is. a choker.

giphy.gif

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I remember all your war stories, how you went from playing center then switch to linebacker. lmao. I could see Tyler going from center and taking LVE's spot a linebacker like you did. Didn't you say that when you played for Polk High you scored four TD'd in one game? Then you told us you were going to show us all your medals, trophy's, and other junk but someone stole them or took them from you like OJ's stuff that got stolen. Yeah, man, what a hero.

(waiting for the insults, Rambo, and other crap). lol.
lolol-lmao.gif

starfan1

Reaction score
Remember when Dallas was playing Philly the last season of the game? Romo comes in and in a commanding way march's Dallas right down the field and throws a td. Romo wanted to play the rest of the game but Dallas wouldn't let him because I think they knew he would ball out and their would be a contreversery brewing.
you mean the mcfadden drive and the Dez pass interference call that gave them a fair chunk of that yardage. He did make a couple of commanding thows to terrence williams. Ya i remember

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
you mean the mcfadden drive and the Dez pass interference call that gave them a fair chunk of that yardage. He did make a couple of commanding thows to terrence williams. Ya i remember
He was just setting up in shot gun and looked very very much in command. Like another day in the park. I don't recall the Dez interference but you may be right.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want to continue posting in this thread, STOP THE NAMECALLING!

Thread re-opened.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Might be bad luck to have ur title thread include ur QB's name....and then the words Achilles Heel. (Maybe the mispelling "heal" will offset that)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If Dak had actually scanned the field and saw the blitzer, football 101 is you throw where the blitzer is coming from because there will be an open area there. In this case it was Cooks standing wide open in the end zone.
couple things here, because both theories yours and mine would be speculation at best, Dak would've had to throw over the blitzer or behind Cooks as the lead lane was directly where the blitz was... #2 there is a saftey sitting on the G and that pass over the blitzer would have gave him a play on the ball because Cooks was moving towards his zone..Schoon was moving away from the saftey zone which is why he was the hot read...NOW all of this would only come into play IF Dak even gets the ball out throwing into a free blitzer who basically was comming from inside the tackle...the ball was barley to the LOS as Dak was getting hit and thats a quick throw away from the blitzer..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
problem is, by that time, Romo could never stay healthy, he basically missed the last two seasons of his career with injuries (and I think people here are conveniently forgetting how Romo came up small in big games too)
I refuse to get dragged into the Dak vs Romo crap.. I liked Romo and I like Dak neither could/has so far been able to overcome the GM's faults

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
couple things here, because both theories yours and mine would be speculation at best, Dak would've had to throw over the blitzer or behind Cooks as the lead lane was directly where the blitz was... #2 there is a saftey sitting on the G and that pass over the blitzer would have gave him a play on the ball because Cooks was moving towards his zone..Schoon was moving away from the saftey zone which is why he was the hot read...NOW all of this would only come into play IF Dak even gets the ball out throwing into a free blitzer who basically was comming from inside the tackle...the ball was barley to the LOS as Dak was getting hit and thats a quick throw away from the blitzer..
Thank you, bro!!! Well explained.

I tried explaining this to BDC, but you explained it much better.

:bow: :clap::hammer:

btcutter

Reaction score
Dak is what is he. We known that now for 7 yrs now. Yet front office keeps believing that Dak can carry the team all the time. Best Dak is a Dak with a good/great running game. I don't know why FO can't see that. Dak can occasionally carry a team to a win but he is not a QB that can do it consistently. The sooner FO realize that the better chance this franchise has at post season.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak is what is he. We known that now for 7 yrs now. Yet front office keeps believing that Dak can carry the team all the time. Best Dak is a Dak with a good/great running game. I don't know why FO can't see that. Dak can occasionally carry a team to a win but he is not a QB that can do it consistently. The sooner FO realize that the better chance this franchise has at post season.
To be fair they have said since TC they will be a defensive lead team with a running game..the problem is they cant run and the defense has been not great in the 2 big games..

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
These people man…..they don’t even understand what they are watching but want us to believe their criticisms and then people actually like the post. Insane lol.
All of AC's simplistic efforts to prove Dak is completely above any and all responsibility, and your simplistic affirmations are completely grounded in the ridiculous notion that the QB is entirely bound to stick exactly to the way it was drawn up and practiced.

Week after week, game after game we see plays break down and QB's improvise and adapt in an effort to make something happen. It is possible to spin out, or sidestep. One can even set up or bait the free rusher to use his momentum against him. Seen it a million times.

Maybe this is to complicated for you and AC?

You people, man.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All of AC's simplistic efforts to prove Dak is completely above any and all responsibility, and your simplistic affirmations are completely grounded in the ridiculous notion that the QB is entirely bound to stick exactly to the way it was drawn up and practiced.

Week after week, game after game we see plays break down and QB's improvise and adapt in an effort to make something happen. It is possible to spin out, or sidestep. One can even set up or bait the free rusher to use his momentum against him. Seen it a million times.

Maybe this is to complicated for you and AC?

You people, man.
Dak literally improvised the whole damn game what are you even talking about? You box score watchers man I can’t….