This is a game where Dak is going to have to run for 70+

aikemirv

Reaction score
This is probably the worst take in the history of Dak takes.
Please just go find me one metric that shows he is an above average athlete in the NFL. 4.8 forty, 32 inch vertical, 7.11 3 cone

These are average! Sam Darnold has as good a 40 and better 3 cone!

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
You guys are crazy. Dak is not athletic. He is stiff and not very mobile - he is just strong. You got 1 good carry from him on Sunday possibly if you catch them off guard - that's about it!

If a lane presents itself you go because it will eventually force Belichick hand to leaving a spy or adjust alignments which can help both your passing game or running game depending on what they do. In other words, you are dictating to him not him to dictaing to you. You don't have to be Vick or Jackson for this to work. Vick or Jackson just make you pay more and force a "quicker made" adjustment.

As far as last week, Dak could have had a 25-30 yard gain right up the gut at least on one play. (Didn't matter as we passed and picked up 1st regardless) I'd imagine there were more times than this.

aikemirv

Reaction score
If a lane presents itself you go because it will eventually force Belichick hand to leaving a spy or adjust alignments which can help both your passing game or running game depending on what they do. In other words, you are dictating to him not him to dictaing to you. You don't have to be Vick or Jackson for this to work. Vick or Jackson just make you pay more and force a "quicker made" adjustment.

As far as last week, Dak could have had a 25-30 yard gain right up the gut at least on one play. (Didn't matter as we passed and picked up 1st regardless) I'd imagine there were more times than this.
I agree with you there. Taking off a time or two is a great idea but Dak does not even need a spy. He will only get a gain catching them off-guard, not because of athletic ability!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Dak is not that type of runner. He can scramble and move the chains on some runs but he has only had 2 games of 50+ yards rushing in his career. Lamar Jackson has had 14 games of 50+ yards already.

Jackson (and Kaep when the 49ers ran a similar offense) all have home run/breakaway speed and that's what makes them tough to account for in an RPO/read option if they can also throw.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He is not. You are nuts. I am 52 years old and if you gave me a month of training, I could take Dak in the 40.

He has no moves, not dynamic at all!
I would love to put money on that. Im 33. after 3 years of training I can take Tyreek Hill in the 40

aikemirv

Reaction score
I would love to put money on that. Im 33. after 3 years of training I can take Tyreek Hill in the 40
Oh I wish we could do it.

Tyreek Hill is FAST.

4.8 is slow! Hey but at least he can outrun some Olineman!

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I agree with you there. Taking off a time or two is a great idea but Dak does not even need a spy. He will only get a gain catching them off-guard, not because of athletic ability!

Well he's certainly not Vick but he's not Orton either. More like a stronger Rodgers. I'd say Rodgers makes it work quite well. Certainly has against us.

Probably different definitions of athletic here.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well he's certainly not Vick but he's not Orton either. More like a stronger Rodgers. I'd say Rodgers makes it work quite well. Certainly has against us.

Probably different definitions of athletic here.
They have about the same speed and vertical. Rodgers has a bit quicker feet than Dak. Dak is much more physical and stronger.

I not saying he does a bad job, but he is not making anybody miss or outrunning anybody. You can't gameplan Dak getting yards on athletic ability, he would have to gain them by the defense not maintaining their assignments. That is not going to happen against the Pat that I can see.

Like I said, a good playcall at the right time might get you 1 big run, but it is not because he is athletic.

kskboys

Reaction score
Please just go find me one metric that shows he is an above average athlete in the NFL. 4.8 forty, 32 inch vertical, 7.11 3 cone

Speed and athleticism are two entirely different facets. Romo was very athletic, and he was a 5 flat sort.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Dak isn’t the athlete Jackson is so I doubt they’ll be using the same blueprint the Ravens used.

No both Dak and Zeke are gonna to have play great football to beat the Patriots.

This is possibly one of the stupidest things I've read on this site. How is a QB non-athletic? He's 26 years old lmao. There is nothing "non-athletic" about him. He may not be a fast, slick runner like Jackson, but he's quick and elusive enough to get some runs in. He's also seems hard to tackle (linebacker-like build). They need to run him like Wilson if they want to win this game.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If i was belicheck i would not run a lot of man as they have been doing,mix it up or Dak will run on them.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is possibly one of the stupidest things I've read on this site. How is a QB non-athletic? He's 26 years old lmao. There is nothing "non-athletic" about him. He may not be a fast, slick runner like Jackson, but he's quick and elusive enough to get some runs in. He's also seems hard to tackle (linebacker-like build). They need to run him like Wilson if they want to win this game.
There's a few that are. Osweiler comes to mind.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Disagree.

However, running the ball is key to beating the Pats. While the Pats have the #1 D in the NFL, they are 10 in rushing yards and 23 in YPC. They do not have a great run D.

So, the key to winning this game is long, time consuming drives, keep the D off the field as much as possible. We need to run the ball a ton.
they had a great run D until they played the Ravens,we dont have the run blockers like the Ravens though.our Center and guard is pushed in routinely and it makes it hard on zeke.

kskboys

Reaction score
they had a great run D until they played the Ravens,we dont have the run blockers like the Ravens though.our Center and guard is pushed in routinely and it makes it hard on zeke.
Great? No.

And the Pats D looks better than it is on paper due to long time consuming drives. What's being lost on the Ravens game is that the Ravens shut down the NE O, for the most part. And also being lost is that Jackson had 61 yds rushing. The Ravens had 210 yds rushing, 115 by Ingram. BSPN has y'all believing it was all Jackson.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

kskboys

Reaction score
It's times like these when Aikemirv really shines through.

Just so everyone know, Darnold didn't actually run faster than Dak in the 40 like he's claiming despite being lighter and taller.
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/sam-darnold
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/dak-prescott?position=ATH

But yes, give 50 year old Aikemirv a couple months and he would be able to outrun 55% of all NFL QBs.
Not that hard for a 50 year old who ran a 4.4 in his day to run faster than a 4.8 w/ a bit of training. Who cares, the QB position is not built on running the ball, and those that do so flame out in the playoffs(if they even make it) and have short careers. (See Cam Newton)

FWIW, Darrell Green ran a 4.4 around the age of 50. Don't remember his exact age or time, but it was something like that, and big news at the time.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Average if you're comparing them to WRs/CBs/RBs...which is...dumb.

Do you actually watch Dak play? Of course he's a good athlete, he's just not a combine star. He's just like Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, and Andrew Luck. You can't play as fast as they do, and be as escapable, and not be a great athlete.

No way your old *** is running a sub 5.0 anyway.

CWR

Reaction score
Dallas offense has to attack them just like the Ravens attacked them.

A lot of RPO and having Dak keep it a few times to keep the defense honest.

I don't see any reason why Dallas can't win this game.

Good call, I hope our coaching staff makes Dak keenly aware of that fact. Shouldn't be hard to watch tape of the recent game vs Ravens.