!!!!!!!!!This Is A Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
This one proved even more than last week, imho, that the 2005 Dallas Cowboys are a team to be reckoned with.

It wasn't dominating, wasn't glamorous, and sure wasn't a sure thing..but it is exactly the kind of game you have to fight your way out of to be a contender.

A stupendous defensive effort, and battling - not back- but through our own offensive blunders.

When the QB throws a pick and fumbles twice, when the center bad snaps and draws a costly penalty, when the possession receiver fumbles, vet guard or rookie tackle with miscues…..but the same players right their own ships and persevere…that's a TEAM.

The JJ substitutes - all of 'em - inched out every yard they could, (these kids are inspiring!) Keyshawn redeemed himself with a never-give- up-on yourself or teammates performance….that's a TEAM.

The defensive players playing SMART, heads up ball..Anthony Henry intercepting at the ONE, forcing a fumble, Fergy recovering it, Tnew around the ball, Ware with pressure, Glover sacking and Ellis recovering, Spears in pursuit of Manning to null the shotgun, the D tiring but not wavering, and stopping that final Giant red zone by forcing a fumble on the goal line….whether it was a rookie or not, hey Roy……...you always get to play both hero and goat, huh babe...that's a TEAM.

And when the D does wilt in 100 degree heat and let the Tuna Disser Shockey strut his self, who comes back in OT and engineers the winning drive but the error-ridden O..hanging the win on the foot of none other than Jose Cortez. Only going to show that in the clutch, execution can be counted on....because the Dallas Cowboys are playing, FINALLY, like a TEAM!!!

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
The good teams finds a way to win........even if they do have bad day.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
LTN while I agree with alot of your points, it gave me a Commander feeling all over again. I mean we lock Shockey up all game and then all of a sudden we forget to pay attention to him :banghead:

Bizwah

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
This one proved even more than last week, imho, that the 2005 Dallas Cowboys are a team to be reckoned with.

It wasn't dominating, wasn't glamorous, and sure wasn't a sure thing..but it is exactly the kind of game you have to fight your way out of to be a contender.

A stupendous defensive effort, and battling - not back- but through our own offensive blunders.

When the QB throws a pick and fumbles twice, when the center bad snaps and draws a costly penalty, when the possession receiver fumbles, vet guard or rookie tackle with miscues…..but the same players right their own ships and persevere…that's a TEAM.

The JJ substitutes - all of 'em - inched out very yard they could, (these kids are inspiring!) Keyshawn redeemed himself with a never-give- up-on yourself or teammates performance….that's a TEAM.

The defensive players playing SMART, heads up ball..Anthony Henry intercepting at the ONE, forcing a fumble, Fergy recovering it, Tnew around the ball, Ware with pressure, Glover sacking and Ellis recovering, Spears in pursuit of Manning to null the shotgun, the D tiring but not wavering, and stopping that final Giant red zone by forcing a fumble on the goal line….whether it was a rookie or not, hey Roy……...you always get to play both hero and goat, huh babe...that's a TEAM.

And when the D does wilt in 100 degree heat and let the Tuna Disser Shockey strut his self, who comes back in OT and engineers the winning drive but the error-ridden O..hanging the win on the foot of none other than Jose Cortez. Only going to show that in the clutch, execution can be counted on....because the Dallas Cowboys are playing, FINALLY, like a TEAM!!!

I think we did dominate........for about 55 minutes again.....

The greatest positive we can take from this game--We played poorly, but still won the game.

We made plays when we had to.

I give the Giants credit....they came to play....All the people that thought we would destroy them should now realize that the NFC East will be an old-fashioned fist-fight.

Martice

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

The JJ substitutes - all of 'em - inched out every yard they could, (these kids are inspiring!) Keyshawn redeemed himself with a never-give- up-on yourself or teammates performance….that's a TEAM.

Hmm... That is one way of looking at it...... I'll see how I feel in the morning.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
The good teams finds a way to win........even if they do have bad day.

I agree. I know it wasn't pretty but when you turn the ball over 4 times and your defense steps up like they did and we pull it off in the end. I will take that anyday.

Good game defense. :starspin

Martice

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I think we did dominate........for about 55 minutes again.....

The greatest positive we can take from this game--We played poorly, but still won the game.

We made plays when we had to.

I give the Giants credit....they came to play....All the people that thought we would destroy them should now realize that the NFC East will be an old-fashioned fist-fight.

We should have destroyed them. It was a messy game but we didn't give up and despite all of the errors, I wasn't frustrated like I've been in the past.

LTN, I think I am leaning towards your way of thinking but still, I will let you know in the morning. ;)

zagnut

Reaction score
I'm extremely happy with the Defensive effort. The guys came up big when they needed to, esp. Henry and Ellis. Great efforts by both of them.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Hostile said:
They're going to give me a heart attack this year.

Man for sure. But if they go all the way like that i'll take it.

I am just curious what ranking we have after that win!

Asklesko

Reaction score
They're too inconsistent to consider themselves a legitimate contender. They have to get better.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I'm too old for this.

I can only wonder how Cbz feels. :D

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Martice said:
We should have destroyed them. It was a messy game but we didn't give up and despite all of the errors, I wasn't frustrated like I've been in the past.

LTN, I think I am leaning towards your way of thinking but still, I will let you know in the morning. ;)
Haha, Martice!

But when you wake up tomorrow, I think you will feel that this type of game can only be won when some individuals STEP UP while others are fumbling..that we now have ENOUGH positive impact to counteract our mistakes (and it could be we have to counteract bad calls, or fluke bad luck next week, or an injury..whatever it is), and the essence of TEAM work is being competent enough to make up for a less than perfect performance elsewhere.

That's a game we wouldn't have won a year ago.

Heck, that's a game we wouldn't have won a month ago.

This defense can PLAY.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I'm too old for this.

I can only wonder how Cbz feels. :D

I took three purple pills......Since that's all I had. I feel 119 yrs old after tht one, :)

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Well Hos I've had 5 in 4games..... :)

Well Ive had 6 in 5 games, besides Philly and we have won 3, so my math tells me if I have one we win 60% of the time. That percentage could be worse. :)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
String together two convincing wins in a row and get back to me.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
This team finds a way to win every week, and when you can do that, you can always have a winning season,