!!!!!!!!!This Is A Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I took three purple pills......Since that's all I had. I feel 119 yrs old after tht one, :)

i cant say 119 myself...but im feeling a lot closer to 50

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Well said LaTunaNostra it is not the same team who lost close games it is a team with heart and they showed it not every game we gonna win it by 40 points beside playing after last game big win and at home the preasure was on the cowboys bravo for them let's see about next week a win will me it even sweeter

Martice

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I took three purple pills......Since that's all I had. I feel 119 yrs old after tht one, :)

I took one blue pill and now my wife is in trouble!!

;)

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Im with Hostile , Im going to get a heart attack watching this team. I mean when the giants scored I got sick in the stomach, i was almost was going to go to the bathroom to see if i should puke.

Good team win, they battled, the d got tired in the end but they played well today against a good Offense.

4-2 first place ....I like it.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
This one proved even more than last week, imho, that the 2005 Dallas Cowboys are a team to be reckoned with.

It wasn't dominating, wasn't glamorous, and sure wasn't a sure thing..but it is exactly the kind of game you have to fight your way out of to be a contender.

A stupendous defensive effort, and battling - not back- but through our own offensive blunders.

When the QB throws a pick and fumbles twice, when the center bad snaps and draws a costly penalty, when the possession receiver fumbles, vet guard or rookie tackle with miscues…..but the same players right their own ships and persevere…that's a TEAM.

The JJ substitutes - all of 'em - inched out every yard they could, (these kids are inspiring!) Keyshawn redeemed himself with a never-give- up-on yourself or teammates performance….that's a TEAM.

The defensive players playing SMART, heads up ball..Anthony Henry intercepting at the ONE, forcing a fumble, Fergy recovering it, Tnew around the ball, Ware with pressure, Glover sacking and Ellis recovering, Spears in pursuit of Manning to null the shotgun, the D tiring but not wavering, and stopping that final Giant red zone by forcing a fumble on the goal line….whether it was a rookie or not, hey Roy……...you always get to play both hero and goat, huh babe...that's a TEAM.

And when the D does wilt in 100 degree heat and let the Tuna Disser Shockey strut his self, who comes back in OT and engineers the winning drive but the error-ridden O..hanging the win on the foot of none other than Jose Cortez. Only going to show that in the clutch, execution can be counted on....because the Dallas Cowboys are playing, FINALLY, like a TEAM!!!

My only concern after 5 games.......is our 2 min DEFENSE!

JDSmith

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
This one proved even more than last week, imho, that the 2005 Dallas Cowboys are a team to be reckoned with.

It wasn't dominating, wasn't glamorous, and sure wasn't a sure thing..but it is exactly the kind of game you have to fight your way out of to be a contender.

A stupendous defensive effort, and battling - not back- but through our own offensive blunders.

When the QB throws a pick and fumbles twice, when the center bad snaps and draws a costly penalty, when the possession receiver fumbles, vet guard or rookie tackle with miscues…..but the same players right their own ships and persevere…that's a TEAM.

The JJ substitutes - all of 'em - inched out every yard they could, (these kids are inspiring!) Keyshawn redeemed himself with a never-give- up-on yourself or teammates performance….that's a TEAM.

The defensive players playing SMART, heads up ball..Anthony Henry intercepting at the ONE, forcing a fumble, Fergy recovering it, Tnew around the ball, Ware with pressure, Glover sacking and Ellis recovering, Spears in pursuit of Manning to null the shotgun, the D tiring but not wavering, and stopping that final Giant red zone by forcing a fumble on the goal line….whether it was a rookie or not, hey Roy……...you always get to play both hero and goat, huh babe...that's a TEAM.

And when the D does wilt in 100 degree heat and let the Tuna Disser Shockey strut his self, who comes back in OT and engineers the winning drive but the error-ridden O..hanging the win on the foot of none other than Jose Cortez. Only going to show that in the clutch, execution can be counted on....because the Dallas Cowboys are playing, FINALLY, like a TEAM!!!

I'll have to make sure I reread this tomorrow, because right now I'm just not feeling it. To me this feels like a loss. Hopefully I'll be able to share your positive position later.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
This is much ado about nothing. The NFL's contenders have been winning these types of close games the past 5 years. Look at New England. They have been winning close games for the past 5 years, including their Super Bowls. The only reason why we know who Adam Vinatieri is, is simply because he has had the game winning field goal over and over again, including Super Bowls.

I am not convinced in this theory that we must blow everyone out to be a contender.

I like our chances this year, as I feel that we are New England gone south. We are winning in the same fashion.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
I'll have to make sure I reread this tomorrow, because right now I'm just not feeling it. To me this feels like a loss. Hopefully I'll be able to share your positive position later.
It feels like a loss to me in one sense too.

Patrick.

But I've already seen that grave loss blamed on everything from Al Johnson's fumble to Bill's "gutlessness", because we lost PC in OT. I suppose Drew or Roy or Key could take the blame as well.

But we can't look at it that way.

All we can do is wish him the speediest recovery and let him know we miss him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
This is much ado about nothing. The NFL's contenders have been winning these types of close games the past 5 years. Look at New England. They have been winning close games for the past 5 years, including their Super Bowls. The only reason why we know who Adam Vinatieri is, is simply because he has had the game winning field goal over and over again, including Super Bowls.

I am not convinced in this theory that we must blow everyone out to be a contender.

I like our chances this year, as I feel that we are New England gone south. We are winning in the same fashion.
Great post.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:

:hammer:

JDSmith

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
It feels like a loss to me in one sense too.

Patrick.

But I've already seen that grave loss blamed on everything from Al Johnson's fumble to Bill's "gutlessness", because we lost PC in OT. I suppose Drew or Roy or Key could take the blame as well.

But we can't look at it that way.

All we can do is wish him the speediest recovery and let him know we miss him.

I happen to think that we did lose Patrick to gutlessness because we were clearly playing for FGs on our last two trips into the redzone. You'd think that Parcells would have learned after the Skins loss, but he hasn't. So he allowed the Giants to stay within 7 simply because he couldn't pull the trigger on anything but 2 yard passes and runs. I don't blame the players, they were out there doing their best. Key made some great plays to go along with any mistakes he made. Roy forced and recovered a fumble at the goal line in addition to blowing the coverage on Shockey. I just can't stand that kind of conservative, close to the vest, let's all pray we don't lose this game (as opposed to going out and actually winning it) play that I see - and I see it coming from the coaches. Last week was great, because we did exactly what we DIDN'T do today. We were aggressive all day long.

I have to be honest, lining up and not going for the 4th down was IMO demoralizing to the team on both sides. You were basically telling the O that you don't have any faith in them to move the ball 6 inches. You were also telling the D that you don't have any faith in them to keep the Giants from going 97 yards to score the go ahead TD. Sorry, but when I've seen some of the stupid decisions to go for it when we're in the first quarter and not even mid field, then to see them do that today just looks gutless. It's easy to make that call when there is nothing on the line, it takes a brass pair to make it when the game has come down to the wire.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun said:
String together two convincing wins in a row and get back to me.

Sure pal. You must be the type of fan that would pout over a Super Bowl that is WON by only 1 point.

You are living in the past. This is the new NFL, and most Cowboy fans are not used to it. Close games are the norm. You see them all around the league. You see close Super Bowls these days also.

Bill Parcells has modeled this team after the New England Patriots, because they win...and win CLOSE GAMES almost every single week.

If you can't take close games, then either don't watch or go buy a defibrillator.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Its amazing we are 4-2 with no rushing game - None.

Great win, Bledsoe leadership took us down the field. Coaching getting conservative the bane of this team late in games. Gonna bite us.

What I loved about Johnson and 90's cowboys. They had the chance - they ended games aggressively. We are doing 180....

4-2 Life is good!