!!!!!!!!!This Is A Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bizwah

Reaction score
Yes, good teams should find a way to win close games.

But they shouldn't have close games every single time. Even the Patriots know how to handle a team they should destroy.

I'm not complaining about our team.....to me, a win is a win. But I think a good team wins big against teams that are obviously inferior.

Good teams don't turn the ball over four times. Good teams don't force four TOs and come away with three points. Good teams put other teams away when the opportunity is there.

So far, we nearly gave a game to the hapless Niners. We gave one away to a Commander team we dominated for 55 minutes, and we've been the lone win for the Raiders.

I'm pleased with big victories over the Chargers and Eagles, and now with the Giants. But we're not there (contender) just yet.

I think we have a lot of growing to do (as does NY). I think we're gonna be tough to beat late in the year.

Eskimo

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
good chance to be 6-2 at the bye week.

It is tough to win in Seattle. Our offense will need to put up some points because we aren't going to hold Seattle and Alexander in check the way we have the Eagles and Giants.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
I happen to think that we did lose Patrick to gutlessness because we were clearly playing for FGs on our last two trips into the redzone. You'd think that Parcells would have learned after the Skins loss, but he hasn't. So he allowed the Giants to stay within 7 simply because he couldn't pull the trigger on anything but 2 yard passes and runs. I don't blame the players, they were out there doing their best. Key made some great plays to go along with any mistakes he made. Roy forced and recovered a fumble at the goal line in addition to blowing the coverage on Shockey. I just can't stand that kind of conservative, close to the vest, let's all pray we don't lose this game (as opposed to going out and actually winning it) play that I see - and I see it coming from the coaches. Last week was great, because we did exactly what we DIDN'T do today. We were aggressive all day long.

I have to be honest, lining up and not going for the 4th down was IMO demoralizing to the team on both sides. You were basically telling the O that you don't have any faith in them to move the ball 6 inches. You were also telling the D that you don't have any faith in them to keep the Giants from going 97 yards to score the go ahead TD. Sorry, but when I've seen some of the stupid decisions to go for it when we're in the first quarter and not even mid field, then to see them do that today just looks gutless. It's easy to make that call when there is nothing on the line, it takes a brass pair to make it when the game has come down to the wire.

I wouldn't blame the injury to Patrick on the coaches, but I totally agree with you that the play calling in the situations you mention were gutless. Absolutely. And your point about learning nothing after the Skins game is spot on as well.