News: This is an example of the entitled culture the Cowboys have

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You have tears in your eyes because it sucks to lose and you realize all the hard work, early mornings and late nights, hours upon hours of training and the sacrifices you make in your personal life just to get back to that moment and ultimately fail because it wasn’t good enough.

OSA shedding tears is a good thing. I wish all the players cared this much.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I don’t understand the point of these types of threads. Guy shows emotion to someone he probably looks as a semi father figure at after a humiliating loss. Let’s tear him to pieces.

There are plenty of things to critique about the loss without mocking another man’s emotions.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was counting my money and catching up on Cowboys news when I read this, a story by Mac Engel of the venerable Star-Telegram. In part:

"With tears in his eyes, Osa Odighizuwa sat in his locker with Dan Quinn’s right arm on his shoulder consoling him" after the "game."
:mad:
Number one, who the heck is Osa (2 total tackles Sunday) to be so special this season and Sunday's horror as to necessitate consoling?

Did Quinn need A PROP (most of our "stars" had cleared out to begin the offseason) while he hid from Jerald?

Why, dear chaps, would a formerly great DC be consoling his defensive players when they humiliated themselves, Jerald and the fans?
Wouldn't a capable DC tear new ones in a team that came in unprepared, all smug and got walloped by a 7th seed?
Wouldn't a tough guy like Quinn do a scorched earth act in the locker room before his tender players cleared out?
What is wrong with you, Dan chap? When did you turn milquetoast and all sensitive?

We need the Jimmy style of post-defeat screaming and yelling that only a Jimmy or Lombardini could unleash on players that they would remember!

Cowboys culture sucks just as much as the coaching and player performance.
Do better, you overpaid little sisters!

Holla!

Good lads,
I call tell youve never been in a locker room after a loss...either you never played or you were undefeated your entire career. That said, Quinn was the one that was unprepared. His gameplan was crap. Love has trouble against man and Quinn out thought himself and ran zone, when we've played man all year. Osa should have consoled Quinn.
Holla!

Sydla

Reaction score
True. Osa was a nice player.
He was so nice to the Pack with 2 total tackles on Sunday.
I still say Quinn was hiding from Jerald, your feelings notwithstanding.
He's a backup, situational DT. What did you expect out him? 3 sacks? He's not a run stuffer, he's a backup caliber DT. And a decent one at that. I'll gladly take him back next year (assuming they aren't counting on him to be an impact player).

Holy ****, you people are nuts.

Sydla

Reaction score
You have tears in your eyes because it sucks to lose and you realize all the hard work, early mornings and late nights, hours upon hours of training and the sacrifices you make in your personal life just to get back to that moment and ultimately fail because it wasn’t good enough.

OSA shedding tears is a good thing. I wish all the players cared this much.
I just don't get our fanbase.

So now we are dumping on Osa for being emotional after a big loss and he is only allowed to be emotional if he plays like Aaron Donald out there.

No wonder other fanbases laugh at us.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He's a backup, situational DT. What did you expect out him? 3 sacks? He's not a run stuffer, he's a backup caliber DT. And a decent one at that. I'll gladly take him back next year (assuming they aren't counting on him to be an impact player).

Holy ****, you people are nuts.
And Quinn made a bee line to this awesome player.
;)

Sydla

Reaction score
And Quinn made a bee line to this awesome player.
;)
So what?

I expected some crazy takes this week after a bad loss, but this one might be the worst.

So a coach is only allowed to console an emotional player after a bad loss as long as that player is say, an All Pro, or Pro Bowler, or had a great game? Is there a pecking order here? Like can you provide us a list of players, in order of importance, that Quinn should console if emotional? What happens if Parsons was upset and Lawrence? I assume Quinn has to go to Parsons first, right, because he's the better player? But what about if it were Lawrence and Bland who were emotional? Oh, that's a tough one. Maybe Quinn can bro hug the both of them at the same time?

Should Quinn, instead, announce as he walks into the locker room that all emotional defensive players to please line up, in order of value (or maybe use their cap hits as the ranking system) and then he'll walk down the line and hug each one?

You should probably ask the mods to delete this thread. It's embarrassing for you.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean its hard to say because I don't know what team he goes too but whoever he goes to I hope he changes his philosphy on undersized linebackers because you can't make it to the SB with safeties playing linebacker all game.
I think we lost a major piece of his puzzle with the injury in preseason.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Possibly but they shouldn't have been relying on a 3rd round rookie to begin with.
I also think Mazi, while OK for a Rook, did not have much of a impact at all.
Quinn biggest asset is players leaving g their guts on the field for him. He brought out a side of DLaw I've never seen before. Even Parsons played roles that weren't a fit just to help the team.
It's rare in today's NFL, or any sport for that matter.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Wins are a result of the quality of the roster and coaching.

All the "culture" talk is just noise. Lots of talk about it when you lose, but little talk of it when you win.

Cmac

Reaction score
I was counting my money and catching up on Cowboys news when I read this, a story by Mac Engel of the venerable Star-Telegram. In part:

"With tears in his eyes, Osa Odighizuwa sat in his locker with Dan Quinn’s right arm on his shoulder consoling him" after the "game."
Number one, who the heck is Osa (2 total tackles Sunday) to be so special this season and Sunday's horror as to necessitate consoling?

Did Quinn need A PROP (most of our "stars" had cleared out to begin the offseason) while he hid from Jerald?

Why, dear chaps, would a formerly great DC be consoling his defensive players when they humiliated themselves, Jerald and the fans?
Wouldn't a capable DC tear new ones in a team that came in unprepared, all smug and got walloped by a 7th seed?
Wouldn't a tough guy like Quinn do a scorched earth act in the locker room before his tender players cleared out?
What is wrong with you, Dan chap? When did you turn milquetoast and all sensitive?

We need the Jimmy style of post-defeat screaming and yelling that only a Jimmy or Lombardini could unleash on players that they would remember!

Holla!

Good lads,
"hid from Jerald?"...... that's fine. Just void the keycard and then talk to Quinn through the glass doors and remind him car will get towed in that parking space if not moved.

MikeT22

Reaction score
LOL.

Wait, you are getting on a coach for consoling a player who was being emotional after a loss?

This fanbase is wack. Half the time you guys are whining that they don't show emotion and don't care, now you are getting on a guy who is really upset they lost. Osa is a nice player. He was a mid round pick who has done a decent enough job filling the role he's being asked to play. If you expected to him to be Aaron Donald, then one was being foolish.

I just can't...........
No one mentioned Donald except you.

duro420

Reaction score

Holla!

Good lads,
Ya! Not to mention the spoiled fans like you and me. Cowboys fans smh- we are the worst.