News: This is an example of the entitled culture the Cowboys have

Praxit

Reaction score
..they were all shocked that GB went 15 rounds.

Dallas was already on the ropes by 3rd round.

DQ STYLE point defense, was showcased.

JustChip

Reaction score
Why, dear chaps, would a formerly great DC be consoling his defensive players when they humiliated themselves, Jerald and the fans?
Wouldn't a capable DC tear new ones in a team that came in unprepared, all smug and got walloped by a 7th seed?
Wouldn't a tough guy like Quinn do a scorched earth act in the locker room before his tender players cleared out?
Because the season is over. There’s no point in going scorched earth or chewing there dookie dumpers out at this point. The time to do that was before. Training camp, practice, after a game they won but played poorly (Seattle, e. g.).

foofighters

Reaction score
I was counting my money and catching up on Cowboys news when I read this, a story by Mac Engel of the venerable Star-Telegram. In part:

"With tears in his eyes, Osa Odighizuwa sat in his locker with Dan Quinn’s right arm on his shoulder consoling him" after the "game."
:mad:
Number one, who the heck is Osa (2 total tackles Sunday) to be so special this season and Sunday's horror as to necessitate consoling?

Did Quinn need A PROP (most of our "stars" had cleared out to begin the offseason) while he hid from Jerald?

Why, dear chaps, would a formerly great DC be consoling his defensive players when they humiliated themselves, Jerald and the fans?
Wouldn't a capable DC tear new ones in a team that came in unprepared, all smug and got walloped by a 7th seed?
Wouldn't a tough guy like Quinn do a scorched earth act in the locker room before his tender players cleared out?
What is wrong with you, Dan chap? When did you turn milquetoast and all sensitive?

We need the Jimmy style of post-defeat screaming and yelling that only a Jimmy or Lombardini could unleash on players that they would remember!

Cowboys culture sucks just as much as the coaching and player performance.
Do better, you overpaid little sisters!

Holla!

Good lads,
I swear you guys pick on everything. I'd rather have a player upset in the locker room versus out on the field exchanging jerseys. It's 2024, the "Jimmy" days are over. Long over. Jimmy was done in Miami. He's a fossil now and his ways won't work with todays players. Oh, I raised two very strong and independent daughters. If they were around you when you stated, "...you overpaid little sisters!" They'd have you crying in the fetal position about how that comment does nothing but signify your own actions of overcompensating for what you weren't given.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
I mean its hard to say because I don't know what team he goes too but whoever he goes to I hope he changes his philosphy on undersized linebackers because you can't make it to the SB with safeties playing linebacker all game.
being fair, that was his only option this year after our injury prone other LBers got injured.

Surprised he didnt have more pull on B Wagner

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
being fair, that was his only option this year after our injury prone other LBers got injured.

Surprised he didnt have more pull on B Wagner
I can understand that but even in Atlanta he had Deon Jones...and he brought Keanu Neal in just to play linebacker. It seems to be his thing.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So what?

I expected some crazy takes this week after a bad loss, but this one might be the worst.

So a coach is only allowed to console an emotional player after a bad loss as long as that player is say, an All Pro, or Pro Bowler, or had a great game? Is there a pecking order here? Like can you provide us a list of players, in order of importance, that Quinn should console if emotional? What happens if Parsons was upset and Lawrence? I assume Quinn has to go to Parsons first, right, because he's the better player? But what about if it were Lawrence and Bland who were emotional? Oh, that's a tough one. Maybe Quinn can bro hug the both of them at the same time?

Should Quinn, instead, announce as he walks into the locker room that all emotional defensive players to please line up, in order of value (or maybe use their cap hits as the ranking system) and then he'll walk down the line and hug each one?

You should probably ask the mods to delete this thread. It's embarrassing for you.
Lester, save yourself some more emotional stress and look away and walk past.
You have to watch your vapors and the swooning over Quinn.
I will send you a fruit basket when me EBT card reloads and a Seattle Seahawks key chain
Ok, Lester?
OK!!!! :)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
"hid from Jerald?"...... that's fine. Just void the keycard and then talk to Quinn through the glass doors and remind him car will get towed in that parking space if not moved.
Silly, Quinn has a driver and limo.
Lol

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I could care less about crying wimpy players. It's like a kid that's crying about getting a "F" on the math exam and he was out partying versus studying. Cry me a lake-Osi....

Sydla

Reaction score
Lester, save yourself some more emotional stress and look away and walk past.
You have to watch your vapors and the swooning over Quinn.
I will send you a fruit basket when me EBT card reloads and a Seattle Seahawks key chain
Ok, Lester?
OK!!!! :)
It's not about swooning over Quinn. I want him gone.

It's about pointing out the ridiculousness of throwing a fit not only because a coach consoled a player who was emotional after a big loss that ended the season but apparently the player in question wasn't even worthy of consoled or apparently allowed to be upset they lost to begin with.

The irony of you talking about emotional stress when you are the one bothered by something pretty innocuous.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was counting my money and catching up on Cowboys news when I read this, a story by Mac Engel of the venerable Star-Telegram. In part:

"With tears in his eyes, Osa Odighizuwa sat in his locker with Dan Quinn’s right arm on his shoulder consoling him" after the "game."
:mad:
Number one, who the heck is Osa (2 total tackles Sunday) to be so special this season and Sunday's horror as to necessitate consoling?

Did Quinn need A PROP (most of our "stars" had cleared out to begin the offseason) while he hid from Jerald?

What is wrong with you, Dan chap? When did you turn milquetoast and all sensitive?

We need the Jimmy style of post-defeat screaming and yelling that only a Jimmy or Lombardini could unleash on players that they would remember!

Cowboys culture sucks just as much as the coaching and player performance.
Do better, you overpaid little sisters!

Holla!

Good lads,
Why did Desiree make a secret phone call to her sister's boyfriend?

How did Alec know Sabrina was in town?

Why didn't Trevor tell his ex that he was in a committed relationship?

Can Megan overcome her checkered past and run the family empire?

TUNE IN!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It's not about swooning over Quinn. I want him gone.

It's about pointing out the ridiculousness of throwing a fit not only because a coach consoled a player who was emotional after a big loss that ended the season but apparently the player in question wasn't even worthy of consoled or apparently allowed to be upset they lost to begin with.

The irony of you talking about emotional stress when you are the one bothered by something pretty innocuous.
Persistent little scalawag, aren't you?
Do you ... ahem ... want some attention from me?
I told you tha after the Fat Mike drama is over I can take you to a fun pizza place where you can bask in me oeuvre.
For now, let the adults vent. You stay indoors, or your hair just doesn't look right.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Why did Desiree make a secret phone call to her sister's boyfriend?

How did Alec know Sabrina was in town?

Why didn't Trevor tell his ex that he was in a committed relationship?

Can Megan overcome her checkered past and run the family empire?

TUNE IN!
:popcorn:
Sabrina is no good! She wants Big Daddy's will so she can amend it!!

kwcool619

Reaction score
I am glad that we as fans are talking about the current entitled (or Country Club) culture as the root of the problem. To me, it's starts with Jerry, but I am including the entire Jones family also. I mean, between the wife, the children, associates, and the inner circle, does anyone speak up? Maybe they don't want to rock the $$$ boat. Just thinking out loud.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
This is not a bad thing, and anyone who does think it is a bad thing needs to reevaluate what exactly they want in a player.

Sydla

Reaction score
Persistent little scalawag, aren't you?
Do you ... ahem ... want some attention from me?
I told you tha after the Fat Mike drama is over I can take you to a fun pizza place where you can bask in me oeuvre.
For now, let the adults vent. You stay indoors, or your hair just doesn't look right.
You are an odd bird, that's for sure.