This is same process as the pick for LVE

Gaede

Reaction score
The difference was that LVE was super productive in college.

The hate on LVE was unwarranted. People didn’t like him because he played at Boise.

LVE was a freak athlete with freakish traits, size, and production.

Maybe Hill is a great athlete but he is raw and this could take a few years.

I didn't like LVE cause he seemed immature. I wrongly assumed he wouldn't be tough enough. More than happy to admit I was wrong about that.

No one dragged his production though. Dude was incredibly productive and that was one of his positives.

Hill doesn't have the production. Only the measurables and the flash.

Reminds me of Malik McDowel. All the potential, but for whatever reason only put up a couple sacks a year

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Since we already have seen positive results (contribution to a saved season, a playoff win, plus an all-pro selection) from our “2019 first-rounder”, it would seem that the FO is taking a conservative approach to the rest of this year’s draft.

Like many, I’m surprised that we haven’t taken a safety so far, but we have addressed depth concerns on both the D-line (likely suspensions) and the O-line (injury questions).

The majority on this forum seem to generally believe our FO has improved their roster management over the last 5-6 seasons. Could it be that they DO know more about team-building than we posters?

I always get kick out of sheep like you. What does any of that have to do with someone formulating an opinion about a current draft pick?

Don't talk about other peoples opinions simply because your incapable of formulating one or don't have the confidence to have a mind of your own.

lk8701

Reaction score
It would be quite revealing (and hilariously entertaining) if the powers-that-be were to go back and find the largest post-pick thread from immediately after last year’s LVE selection...and then bump it, lock it and pin it for about a week.

Doing so would likely tone down some of the noise around this year’s pick at 58, lol!

How about doing the same for the reactions to Taco's selection? Hill seems more like a bad attitude lazy Taco type who Marinelli thinks that he can coach up.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
How about doing the same for the reactions to Taco's selection? Hill seems more like a bad attitude lazy Taco type who Marinelli thinks that he can coach up.
Taco and Hill had 2 separate on field problems.

Taco had the physical traits and they were hoping they could teach him to be a pass rusher.

Hill already has shown the quick explosive first step. His only problem was he didn’t fit in a 3-4. Well we don’t run a 3-4

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
The difference was that LVE was super productive in college.

The hate on LVE was unwarranted. People didn’t like him because he played at Boise.

LVE was a freak athlete with freakish traits, size, and production.

Maybe Hill is a great athlete but he is raw and this could take a few years.

Nothing about his scouting report says he’s raw lmao

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I HIGHLY recommend people go back a year to the Day 1 2018 Draft thread.

I just did.

All the same cast of characters crapping on that pick can be found doing the same on this one. Of course these same people don’t learn their lesson; wash and repeat.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I liked the LVE pick. This year I'm just so underwhelmed. Picking players that are trouble with the first pick is the same old thing. The Cowboys never learn. Plus we need a safety. Hope it turns out better this time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I’ve said similar things that we should bring that thread back and expose people.

It would be epic.
Most like myself wanted a sure thing in Rashaan Evans. It's been one season and I still think LVE overachieved. Let's wait and see. Everyone that was against LVE still thought he had more upside than the other guys. I don't think anyone said he would bust. We still wanted help at the same position. This is a little different. This dude has one right pick and will be patting himself on the back for 5 more drafts. How did you feel when we drafted Dak? I said if Romo gets hurt Dak will take the starting job.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Most like myself wanted a sure thing in Rashaan Evans. It's been one season and I still think LVE overachieved. Let's wait and see. Everyone that was against LVE still thought he had more upside than the other guys. I don't think anyone said he would bust. We still wanted help at the same position. This is a little different. This dude has one right pick and will be patting himself on the back for 5 more drafts. How did you feel when we drafted Dak? I said if Romo gets hurt Dak will take the starting job.

You’re full of crap.

“Heeey, let’s wait and see...”

If LVE struggled and had an underwhelming season you’d be heeehawing like a donkey rather calling for patience.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we pin the Taco Charlton thread too where people said trust the franchise, Marinelli, etc. because they know what they are doing?

This is what happens with the draft. Why some of you are surprised by this and feel the need to lecture people on proper fandom is always chuckleworthy.

So Newton's 3rd law of motion applies here.
... for every action (force) in nature there is an equal and opposite reaction ...

In this case for every positive post there is a negative post. No, not saying you are being negative at all.

As you are stating an opinion that has been correct about Taco. So not negative at all from that point of view. But your post just reminded me of Newton's Law.

Though I will give him his 3rd year to see. But not holding out any hopes. Maybe someone steps up and knocks him off the roster anyway. But I see them giving him his 3rd year to see.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I honestly don't know anything about him. DT was a need. It was addressed.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You’re full of crap.

“Heeey, let’s wait and see...”

If LVE struggled and had an underwhelming season you’d be heeehawing like a donkey rather calling for patience.
Not true LVE had the most upside with size and athleticism last year. But really didn't play. He was a project pick that worked out sooner rather than later. I thought Evans had the higher floor lower ceiling. I was wrong but each player in play was the same position and would have had the same playing time. Both LBs would have been trash against the rams in the playoffs so it doesn't really matter.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I didn't like LVE cause he seemed immature. I wrongly assumed he wouldn't be tough enough. More than happy to admit I was wrong about that.

No one dragged his production though. Dude was incredibly productive and that was one of his positives.

Hill doesn't have the production. Only the measurables and the flash.

Reminds me of Malik McDowel. All the potential, but for whatever reason only put up a couple sacks a year
You get a like because you're the rare individual on this board who actually admits they were wrong about an opinion. I wish more would do that because there is no shame in that. Me personally, I don't watch college football so I'm just hoping the FO makes the right decisions.