This is the first time I can remember not caring about the draft

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm very apathetic about this draft. When the cowboys pick this far back, it's usually a very hum drum, mundane draft. Couple that with all the talent they let walk and zero moves to shore up the team, what is there to get excited about?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I’ll age myself and give yall some personal info I’ve never shared here before. I turned 50 a month ago. I’ve been a fan since I was a a very young kid. First game I ever went to was Dallas at Oakland in 1980. My dad hates he ever took me to that game. I’ve been a diehard ever since.

This is the first time in all my years I’ve ever felt like this. This is the first time I can remember not caring about the draft. This is the first time in all my years I can remember feeling this down before the season begins.

The draft this year to me is depressing. Sure The Boys draft better than average. They hit on can’t miss players and they miss on reaches, but they still do better than most. WTBS, I’m always all in. I follow all the draft gurus, and listen to hour after after of podcasts and YouTube videos. But not this year. I just don’t know.

Do I like it?
Nope! I hate it actually.
But it’s my reality, and I hope it changes before the season arrives. It would be a very weird and depressing football season without having the Cowboys spirit that usually pumps through my veins.
In all honesty, I feel the same. I’ve never felt so disconnected in an offseason. The inactivity in the offseason is just as heart breaking as the playoff game.

Its just a very blah feeling

Mark

Reaction score
So-called “experts” consistently fail in the talent-assessment department. Six QBs selected with the first twelve picks…how many of them will be starting in the NFL five years from now? The draft is largely a crap shoot.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
So-called “experts” consistently fail in the talent-assessment department. Six QBs selected with the first twelve picks…how many of them will be starting in the NFL five years from now? The draft is largely a crap shoot.
Those teams are smart. Best chance to win a SB is to draft QBs in the first round until you find the guy. Even if they bust you keep at it.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
IMG-0484.gif

How many “Poor, poor Me” threads do we have to endure? Just another pity party thread.
If you hate it so much.. why not start your own forum? Its not hard to do.

You and your couple of mates can sit around and say how fantastic Jerry is and how you are the real fans.

You can dribble on about how your character and morals are so much better than anyone else's (both things you have said in the past 2 days)

Go for it.. I doubt you will be missed.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
I'm in my 50s and much like you, I soaked in all the info about the players prior to the draft. Not this year, I didn't watch one show. I didn't know half the players. What a change from spending all Saturday at BWW eating wings for the first round. Oh well.

kwcool619

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I was pumped for a draft. I'm enjoying it so far. I love when the draftees celebrate with families when their names are called. The first day of the rest of their lives.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
I've noticed the fanbase has become either apathetic or angry towards the Jones. This is the worst I've ever seen it. Part of me kind of likes it because I've been wanting the fans to turn on the Jones boys for decades and it seems like they've finally caught up to the real problem.