This is the first time I can remember not caring about the draft

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well it’s obvious that winning is not a priority next season and a Dak contract will just crush us worse going forward.

Dallas is in a bad spot in terms of trying to win a title but I don’t think the team thinks about winning titles and playoff success anymore.

The GB collapse and carrying on with business as usual is wild.
Staying relevant baby,
Keep that cash flow coming in....

Rayman70

Reaction score
Im excited, but from afar. I refuse to fully invest my emotions into this draft. This year feels weird,so I decided to back away a little for now. Been a fan since 1973. I'm usually a draft junkie, but I just can't bring myself to dive in this time. I'll dip my toe in the water, then we shall see.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
quit lying guys, Jerry has you hooked. You guys will be in the draft thread talking about not getting this guy or that guy. Sheesh, buy some kiddie gear and renew your tickets. Jerry loves your support.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BTW, I am hearing that the defensive ends are sliding with all the talk of teams trading up to get an olineman. A tackle, more specifically. Verse,Latu, Turner, are names to watch.

Flamma

Reaction score
I’ll age myself and give yall some personal info I’ve never shared here before. I turned 50 a month ago. I’ve been a fan since I was a a very young kid. First game I ever went to was Dallas at Oakland in 1980. My dad hates he ever took me to that game. I’ve been a diehard ever since.

This is the first time in all my years I’ve ever felt like this. This is the first time I can remember not caring about the draft. This is the first time in all my years I can remember feeling this down before the season begins.

The draft this year to me is depressing. Sure The Boys draft better than average. They hit on can’t miss players and they miss on reaches, but they still do better than most. WTBS, I’m always all in. I follow all the draft gurus, and listen to hour after after of podcasts and YouTube videos. But not this year. I just don’t know.

Do I like it?
Nope! I hate it actually.
But it’s my reality, and I hope it changes before the season arrives. It would be a very weird and depressing football season without having the Cowboys spirit that usually pumps through my veins.
I can understand starting to become indifferent to the Cowboys, but don't get down on the draft. The draft is a totally separate event. We may even get another Daniel Jones moment. I like the draft whether the Cowboys are in it or not. The Cowboys are only one piece of the entertainment.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I’ll age myself and give yall some personal info I’ve never shared here before. I turned 50 a month ago. I’ve been a fan since I was a a very young kid. First game I ever went to was Dallas at Oakland in 1980. My dad hates he ever took me to that game. I’ve been a diehard ever since.

This is the first time in all my years I’ve ever felt like this. This is the first time I can remember not caring about the draft. This is the first time in all my years I can remember feeling this down before the season begins.

The draft this year to me is depressing. Sure The Boys draft better than average. They hit on can’t miss players and they miss on reaches, but they still do better than most. WTBS, I’m always all in. I follow all the draft gurus, and listen to hour after after of podcasts and YouTube videos. But not this year. I just don’t know.

Do I like it?
But it’s my reality, and I hope it changes before the season arrives. It would be a very weird and depressing football season without having the Cowboys spirit that usually pumps through my veins.
Are you missing Jerry's perpetual relevance approach?

But I get your disappointment, last year's team should of achieved more than it did. At least the draft is potentially the start of the re-toolling.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’m more interested in the draft this year because it’s more important. If the Cowboys don’t find 2 or 3 solid starters, I think they’re seriously risking a losing season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Riddle me this Batman ,

if everyone who posts in here and how much they don't care about the Dallas Cowboys, you know that word I couldn't care less and yet somehow you make it your life's mission to follow the Dallas Cowboys on social media, which is not typical for a casual fan,

so you're going out of your way to take up time in your daily lives to let other cowboy fans know how much you hate the Dallas Cowboys now and how you're indifferent and you don't care, and you need to scream it from the rooftops.​

do us all a favor and just go away, delete your accounts on all social media that has the Dallas Cowboys name on it, don't watch any games, burn all your gear, give away your gear ,do whatever you want BUT PLEASE

turn in your fan card ,go somewhere else because this is becoming a therapeutic online therapy session for a lot of you and some of us are getting a headache trying to sift through all the garbage that's being posted about the hate and disdain they have towards a team they somehow sign on and choose to talk about!!

Newsflash! they have actual real therapists for this...

But I can tell you right now and I'm no professional, the first thing a therapist would do is if you have something that's negative in your life and that bothers you this deeply, you get rid of it, you move on, not being sarcastic,

I mean it all of y'all should really move on that would take about 50% of you off the front page of this site doing nothing but crying and complaining!!

Cowboyshatezone

somebody please add that to an area for them to go and not allow it on the frontpage!! 24-7-365 hate chat room until they are healed!!

Forneymike

Reaction score
IMG-0484.gif

How many “Poor, poor Me” threads do we have to endure? Just another pity party thread.
I agree....no one is making you follow or watch this team. If they are such a hindrance and burden on your life, find something else to do. This is a sport and an escape not something to invest all your hope and energy into. If something bothered me and made me this sad and mad, I would move on. You are getting upset and frustrated over something you have no control over and people who care nothing about you. Go be with your family who hopefully do care about you or see this as it is, entertainment and escape. No one on here knows as much football as they think they do or they fall into the Jerry category. I don't agree with all they do but I'm going to watch and follow for the enjoyment, I will get frustrated but not enough to sit around and feel sad and depressed over this. Come on, stand up and move forward either with or without the Cowboys. Wallowing in your self pity isn't helping you and no one actually on this board cares. I feel bad for you and hope you find peace in your life.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree....no one is making you follow or watch this team. If they are such a hindrance and burden on your life, find something else to do. This is a sport and an escape not something to invest all your hope and energy into. If something bothered me and made me this sad and mad, I would move on. You are getting upset and frustrated over something you have no control over and people who care nothing about you. Go be with your family who hopefully do care about you or see this as it is, entertainment and escape. No one on here knows as much football as they think they do or they fall into the Jerry category. I don't agree with all they do but I'm going to watch and follow for the enjoyment, I will get frustrated but not enough to sit around and feel sad and depressed over this. Come on, stand up and move forward either with or without the Cowboys. Wallowing in your self pity isn't helping you and no one actually on this board cares. I feel bad for you and hope you find peace in your life.
100% that what ive been saying this isnt free therapy but it feels like it!! :hammer: :oldcouple: :facepalm:

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Do I like it?
yet here you are, in a Dallas Cowboys forum talking about the draft. Id lay money you watch the draft tonight.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
:laugh: ......No it won't. The jig is up. Everyone that follows this team close enough....knows. This franchise is a joke....run by a bunch of jokers in it for the money. Just as long as they stay competitive until December....so the league can make ratings....that's all they care about.
well you must not follow close enough. You seem to think the Jones family has to do something for their team to make money. You seem to think they need to stay competitive to get ratings. They could hit the yacht all year long and never be around the team and it would still make money (lots of it) and the team would draw huge ratings, even if they were 3-11 when December rolled around.

At age 81 or whatever Jerry is, he has more than enough money, so much money that he could blow his nose with 100 dollar bills, and yet you seem to think he worries about money......lol

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

Do I like it?
Once the Cowboys draft a TE in the second round, you'll be back.