This is the first time I can remember not caring about the draft

Rayman70

Reaction score
if Dallas mucks up the first couple picks again like last year, expect PAIN the next few years. Most teams become bottom feeders after back to back poor drafts. This one is CRITICAL. Must hit on every pick. Needs starters and role players. We must come away with no less than 9 picks this year. All of them better be decent. I dont want any medical tent heroes or medical redshirts. We don't have that luxury.

bigE79

Reaction score
I am excited for the draft. I am even more excited to see the melt downs on here afterwards:)

While I do understand the disappointment, it doesn‘t compare to Campos 5-11 seasons for me.
Wrong,this is worse then the campo years,we knew we were gonna suck back then,we were in cap hell and camps was put in a no win situation but this feeling is worse because we supposedly have a great team that cracks every single time in big games and gives up.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
Wrong,this is worse then the campo years,we knew we were gonna suck back then,we were in cap hell and camps was put in a no win situation but this feeling is worse because we supposedly have a great team that cracks every single time in big games and gives up.
There is no right or wrong on almost all topics here, it‘s a matter of opinion. Respectfully, something many posters on this forum just don’t seem to grasp anymore. I will personally take three seasons of 12-5 vs 5-11. But I understand the frustration as a fan.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This is the first Draft I can remember that I'm more interested in other picks and where players get drafted than who we end up drafting. Who we draft is not going to matter or move the needle enough to make any difference.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Campo should be in the HoF for getting those Cowboys teams to 5-11 3 years in a row.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I'm not even watching it. It doesn't matter who we draft.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I’ll age myself and give yall some personal info I’ve never shared here before. I turned 50 a month ago. I’ve been a fan since I was a a very young kid. First game I ever went to was Dallas at Oakland in 1980. My dad hates he ever took me to that game. I’ve been a diehard ever since.

This is the first time in all my years I’ve ever felt like this. This is the first time I can remember not caring about the draft. This is the first time in all my years I can remember feeling this down before the season begins.

The draft this year to me is depressing. Sure The Boys draft better than average. They hit on can’t miss players and they miss on reaches, but they still do better than most. WTBS, I’m always all in. I follow all the draft gurus, and listen to hour after after of podcasts and YouTube videos. But not this year. I just don’t know.

Do I like it?
Nope! I hate it actually.
But it’s my reality, and I hope it changes before the season arrives. It would be a very weird and depressing football season without having the Cowboys spirit that usually pumps through my veins.
I know how u feel, they killed my fanhood back when they made JG head coach, and then i HAd to put up with him for a decade, and the jones mistakes
in 2014-16. Sealed the deal for me.
I just watch for fun now, just to see what stupid things they might do this year or the next.
They will always beat themselves with the arrogance, and poor planing and hiring. The GB game was a classic example of how they beat themselves.

The jones boys have created a toxic culture , and that will be their downfall in many a year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I am excited for the draft. I am even more excited to see the melt downs on here afterwards:)

While I do understand the disappointment, it doesn‘t compare to Campos 5-11 seasons for me.
So was campo a bad HC, or were those year the jones boys fault?? I am doing a study on those 3 years, and will post the results in next few weeks.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I’ll age myself and give yall some personal info I’ve never shared here before. I turned 50 a month ago. I’ve been a fan since I was a a very young kid. First game I ever went to was Dallas at Oakland in 1980. My dad hates he ever took me to that game. I’ve been a diehard ever since.

This is the first time in all my years I’ve ever felt like this. This is the first time I can remember not caring about the draft. This is the first time in all my years I can remember feeling this down before the season begins.

The draft this year to me is depressing. Sure The Boys draft better than average. They hit on can’t miss players and they miss on reaches, but they still do better than most. WTBS, I’m always all in. I follow all the draft gurus, and listen to hour after after of podcasts and YouTube videos. But not this year. I just don’t know.

Do I like it?
But it’s my reality, and I hope it changes before the season arrives. It would be a very weird and depressing football season without having the Cowboys spirit that usually pumps through my veins.
You are not alone. Going to watch basketball tonight. I could not care less about what Jerry and his, looking like the family tree don’t form, son do.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
So was campo a bad HC, or were those year the jones boys fault?? I am doing a study on those 3 years, and will post the results in next few weeks.
In my opinion, it ultimately falls on ownership. They hired Campo as head coach and they control the purse strings for salary. They are also the GM’s and have full operational control of the team. But I am just an old guy on an internet forum.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Im excited, but from afar. I refuse to fully invest my emotions into this draft. This year feels weird,so I decided to back away a little for now. Been a fan since 1973. I'm usually a draft junkie, but I just can't bring myself to dive in this time. I'll dip my toe in the water, then we shall see.
I will tune in later just to see our pick, but my fascination with the process has died.

Reaction score

Do I like it?
Same here

I won't be watching it. I simply don't care

Motorola

Reaction score
All the CZers that stated they don't care will weigh in = give their 2 cents worth about the draft in general \ whom the Cowboys select between tonight and Sunday morning - at the very least one time.

erod

Reaction score

Do I like it?
This team is unlikable. College players are a shadow of what they used to be on draft day. There are too many needs for Dallas to fill.

This is a bridge year. Probably a 6-win team.

I'm right with ya.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Same. I shouldn’t be this dejected but it is what it is. Not buying into the hype machine anymore until I see real changes

ghst187

Reaction score
Last years draft was such a joke and then the playoff game bomb ruined football for me

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Personally I haven’t cared much since the manziel year. I was just hoping so much that Jerry wasn’t that stupid.

Mannix

Reaction score

Do I like it?
I said the same exact thing weeks ago....you are NOT alone!!!