This is the only logical answer

XXLMike

Reaction score
The only straw I can grasp at is Jimmy Johnson was hired as a special assistant to the owner .
Maybe he told Jerry to burn it to the ground like 1989 and Michah is your Herschel walker

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I said in another thread just a bit ago that I think they are doing this as a negotiation. Trying to blame Dak for being cap strapped etc. hoping that he and France will cave.
"Trying"? Ha! It's true. He's overpaid.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Uh BUT BUT he was 2nd in MVP race (with one vote)...and had a great regular season! Plus we are the Cowboys... surely someone will give us a top 10 pick for him.. we deserve it!

/S
Did you say "A" Top 10 pick?

As in....ONE...top 10 pick????

!!!!!! HATER ALERT !!!!!!!
!!!!!! HATER ALERT !!!!!!!

anyone who doesn't realize we won't get multiple Top 10 picks for Kir....errr I mean Dak isn't a real Cowboys fan!!!!

I mean, even if we don't get multiple Top 10 picks, or even one, or even a single offer of a Top 50 pick, it's only because teams are just scared of negotiating with PeePeePants, errrrr I mean Jerry Jones,. ..and also THE REFS.... so like....you're a HATER

How bout dem........
How boit dem..........
H.B.D.........

DCwarrior

Reaction score
This makes ZERO sense. They control the draft, why trade for the choker and pay him all that money when they can get a QB1 on rookie deal. No chance!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak is getting his extension here. I can almost guarantee it.

There is no mastermind plan behind the delay. The front-office is just clueless
I’m not so sure about that. Had Jerry not traded for Lance, then he’d have nothing to leverage in the current situation, despite what anyone may gander about Trey’s current abilities or potential. He is also a player that the Cowboys highly regarded in the draft despite his lack of playing time (high second round grade). The fact that Dak once again choked in the playoffs only increased Jerry’s doubt in him and strengthened Jerry’s resolve that he made an apt decision. It seems something changed in him and maybe having Jimmy’s voice in his ear had some impact? Otherwise, the move for Trey makes no logical sense, and Jerry didn’t get very wealthy by making more illogical decisions than vice-versa. Jerry didn’t really come out in support of Dak like his son did for an extension, but did say shortly after the first round playiff exit that the team will only go as far as Dak takes them. That’s not really supportive but more critical to me.

Jerry isn’t overall that good of a GM, but he’ll make some good moves every once in a while. Is this one? We’ll see eventually.

Last edited:

links18

Reaction score
I said in another thread just a bit ago that I think they are doing this as a negotiation. Trying to blame Dak for being cap strapped etc. hoping that he and France will cave.
Dong what as a negotiation?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I’m not so sure about that. Had Jerry not traded for Lance, then he’d have nothing to leverage in the current situation, despite what anyone may gander about Trey’s current abilities or potential. He is also a player that the Cowboys highly regarded in the draft despite his lack of playing time (high second round grade). The fact that Dak once again choked in the playoffs only increased Jerry’s doubt in him and strengthened Jerry’s resolve that he made an apt decision. It seems something changed in him and maybe having Jimmy’s voice in his ear had some impact? Otherwise, the move for Trey makes no logical sense, and Jerry didn’t get very wealthy by making more illogical decisions than vice-versa. Jerry didn’t really come out in support of Dak like his son did for an extension, but did say shortly after the first round playiff exit that the team will only go as far as Dak takes them. That’s not really supportive but more critical to me.

Jerry isn’t overall that good of a GM, but he’ll make some good moves every once in a while. Is this one? We’ll see eventually.
Listen, i hope you’re right. I just find it hard that Jerry will ever do the smart thing.

Getting rid of McCarthy for BB was the logical move. He didnt do it

Trading Amari for a 5th

Not extending Dak earlier last time to get him at a lower number.

Hes 81 and wants no part of a rebuild.

If Trey had at least showed more promise in SF (he probably wouldnt have been traded), then I can see them definitely going in that direction.

kskboys

Reaction score

It sure looks like it.

kskboys

Reaction score
Listen, i hope you’re right. I just find it hard that Jerry will ever do the smart thing.

Getting rid of McCarthy for BB was the logical move. He didnt do it

Trading Amari for a 5th

Not extending Dak earlier last time to get him at a lower number.

Hes 81 and wants no part of a rebuild.

If Trey had at least showed more promise in SF (he probably wouldnt have been traded), then I can see them definitely going in that direction.
He did just hire Jimmy. Maybe Jimmy told him the truth, that this is not a super bowl team.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The drop dead date is right before the draft if he's not extending

FYI.....this kind of stuff is starting to show on social media

Chicago would never do that. While Dak is a good QB and there’s no way of knowing what Caleb will be, you’re giving up assets that could be returned for Fields, a top 10 pick which is very valuable, and the financial independence of not having to pay your QB for 3+ years. Couple that with getting your choice of QBs in this draft and a mega prospect in Caleb, and Chicago is losing out in that trade even is Dak could get them to the playoffs.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yep, though I don't think it's so much 'cave' just give something that won't kill the team...if those predicted contracts were anything to go by, the sticking point is the number of year (a four year contract isn't long enough to make a massive CAP saving)