This is the only logical answer

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Chicago would never do that. While Dak is a good QB and there’s no way of knowing what Caleb will be, you’re giving up assets that could be returned for Fields, a top 10 pick which is very valuable, and the financial independence of not having to pay your QB for 3+ years. Couple that with getting your choice of QBs in this draft and a mega prospect in Caleb, and Chicago is losing out in that trade even is Dak could get them to the playoffs.
I see exactly what you are saying but I tell ya........getting Dak and a chance to add Marvin Harrison makes an immediate playoff contender. Yes you have to pay Dak but he and Harrison give you a better chance for the trophy in 2/3/4 years than Caleb. Plus, guess what you going to keep Caleb in 4/5 years even with only a playoff or 2 ( $70-75M ).
If I could get Dak and it only cost me Fields and my second 1st ( 9th ) .............hard to turn down for me

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I see exactly what you are saying but I tell ya........getting Dak and a chance to add Marvin Harrison makes an immediate playoff contender. Yes you have to pay Dak but he and Harrison give you a better chance for the trophy in 2/3/4 years than Caleb. Plus, guess what you going to keep Caleb in 4/5 years even with only a playoff or 2 ( $70-75M ).
If I could get Dak and it only cost me Fields and my second 1st ( 9th ) .............hard to turn down for me
You could also trade Fields for a 2 (or whatever he gets) package that and a little extra with 9 overall to move up and end up with both Caleb and Marvin, and not have to pay a QB 60m$ until at least 2027

Then with that extra 60m$ you can snag 3-4 all-pro caliber players at other positions

Creeper

Reaction score
Wait why would Chicago take dak and Caleb too
They wouldn't take Caleb, they would trade that pick for more picks and build a team around Dak, the way the Cowboys won't. But all of this is just a dream because it is not Dallas that needs to give permission to Dak to seek a trade, it is Dak who needs to give permission to Dallas to make a trade.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
They wouldn't take Caleb, they would trade that pick for more picks and build a team around Dak, the way the Cowboys won't. But all of this is just a dream because it is not Dallas that needs to give permission to Dak to seek a trade, it is Dak who needs to give permission to Dallas to make a trade.
They should just trade him anyways and dare dak to sue for the right to come back to a franchise that doesn’t believe in him anymore

75boyz

Reaction score
I think they extend Dak, pay Lamb and pay Parsons and let those 3 be the star marketing strategy. That's where their cap pie focus will be imo.

Business as usual will continue regarding the draft and develop/we like our guys strategy. And free agents will be scarcely acquired but if so, lack quality as has mostly been the norm.

So ultimately, more of the same.

GroundHog Day enters year 29.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If it’s that easy why don’t the Cowboys build a team around Dak? Prescott and his agent know exactly what they’re doing. Free agency puts them in the best negotiating position, with Dallas, or any other team. They are not giving permission to the Cowboys to do anything.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The drop dead date is right before the draft if he's not extending

FYI.....this kind of stuff is starting to show on social media

Those guys are nobodies. They dont know anything. More likely Dak plays the year out for 60 million then lets teams bid in him next year. He'll make way more money than if he signed now

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
You're not getting a 1st rd pick for Dak....much less a Top 10 pick.

Dak was already available for just cash for every team in the league...and Atlanta signed him. Any team that wanted Dak, coulda already had Dak, without trading any picks.
Nice one, Amari! :thumbup: