This is the year!
This is the year!

This is the year!
We like our guys.
We gotta be better.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one thing so far about the off-season that I find confusing is MM's assertion that he just wants to run the ball (thereby claiming Moore just wanted to pass it) so what does Dallas do: get rid of Zeke and sign a WR.....thereby so far having a running group of an injured Pollard and unproven Davis. That confuses me but we will see what the draft brings.
It used to be that the run set up the passing game....in today's game, the passing game sets up the run. The more quality receivers you have, the fewer defenders in the box. No more smash mouth football. Clock and ball control would be nice.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do people need to be labeled in the first place? We all know this is only happening because someone might have a different opinion about whatever topic.

"If you don't agree with me you're a hater".

I think that sounds about right....
I've been using the term for comments against...a certain (maybe) ex-player. That have nothing to do with football. I suppose it's not really "hate". More like...self-validation and approval by the cool kids.

There's also some that lie about his stats...THEY...might be haters. Have to lie to justify a hateful opinion.

I think I objected enough to get it out of my system. ;):)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It used to be that the run set up the passing game....in today's game, the passing game sets up the run. The more quality receivers you have, the fewer defenders in the box. No more smash mouth football. Clock and ball control would be nice.
The offense can REALLY help the defense if they do that. 2016.

But I do think a certain amount of smash mouth is still required.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Good upbeat post. I too am upbeat. I make no predictions on the end result though. I am just excited to see the final product, watch it jell, and hopefully challenge for the Lombardi.

Coaching is the key here.

Go Cowboys !
Coaching yes. Injuries and depth is what hurts a team. Hopefully we have none of the first and plenty of the latter.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Even before the draft, I believe this is the year the Cowboys reach at least the NFC Championship game. The defense was already good and we resigned both Wilson and LVE and added Gilmore. Bland is going to be even better with another year under his belt. They‘ll probably add some help in the the draft. The offense is going to be better with Cooks and the release of Zeke. Loved Zeke, but he was a progress stopper and it was time for him to go. Hell, a 6th round RB could probably out produce Zeke sad to say. The only receiver the Cowboys had in 2022 was CeeDee and he was great. But there was no one else. Gallup was mentally hobbled coming off injury. Noah Brown? Give me a break. Shultz was solid but there are better TE’s to be had. The passing game suffered from only having 1 legitimate WR. The rest could not consistently get open.

But the BIGGEST reason I believe this is the year is MM. He finally jettisoned the anchor in KM. Moore is a young coach who was trying to build his resume. And he did so at the expense of the team. I’m sure he thought that having an explosive offense would help the team reach the SB. But it didn’t pan out that way because ball control in the NFL is more important than scoring 30 every game.

The Cowboys have finished 12-5 the last 2 years. Despite all the haters here, this team is on the cusp. You can hate on Dak, but he’s not the issue. When you only have 1 WR you’re going to struggle. When you don’t have a running game you’re going to struggle. When you’re defense can’t stop the run you’re going to struggle.

So like every year, yes every year, I predict this is the year for the Cowboys. Even before the draft I feel they’ve done enough. So you haters go ahead and crap on this thread. I’ll see you in January 2024.
Rock, your the best.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The OP believes every year is the year. I’ll believe it when I see it. We all know what usually happens when fans get their expectations up.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Too bad you are wrong. Again. I hate on Dak myself. Has nothing to do w hating him.
If you see it as wrong then more power to you....we all need something to allow us to sleep better.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
...CowboysZone members, who are either pro or con about Dak Prescott, will come together, link hands and sing We Are the World! We Are The Children!
I assume based on your member name that you are on EST so given it's 1229PM, isn't it a bit early for drinking?

aikemirv

Reaction score
That’s the definition of hating
That's silly - Definition of hating is not believing Dak can pull off 3 top games in a row in the playoffs....... - That is the definition of historical performance!!!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I guess it's the current RB depth chart that is.....alarming?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I assume based on your member name that you are on EST so given it's 1229PM, isn't it a bit early for drinking?
CST. I wish I was drinking right now. :( It would get me excused from having to be on ANOTHER teleconference call. Boring! :mad:

JBS

Reaction score
Why do people need to be labeled in the first place? We all know this is only happening because someone might have a different opinion about whatever topic.

I don’t disagree hahaha. So now what?

JBS

Reaction score
That's silly - Definition of hating is not believing Dak can pull off 3 top games in a row in the playoffs....... - That is the definition of historical performance!!!
Yes. He’s not capable. I agree

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they are going to get screwed schedule wise, while the Eagles get a break.

Eagles have 49ers, Bills, Vikes, Dolphins at home with Seahawks and Chiefs away as their toughest games as of today.

Cowboys are at 49ers, Bills, Dolphins, Chargers.

0-4 in these..........oh Kellen your old bud will have to do you the favor of giving you guys at least 1 pick 6 and 2 int.....

aikemirv

Reaction score
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!

This is the year!
That reminds me of grade school when writing something 100 times was punishment. I think we should require 200 handwritten "this is the year" at the end of the season. Maybe he will stop!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They want to take the issue (Dak's QB ineptness) to another social area it has no business being in.......
And this is done to mainly hide reality from their own souls, not ours....