CFZ This is the year

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Even before the draft, I believe this is the year the Cowboys reach at least the NFC Championship game. The defense was already good and we resigned both Wilson and LVE and added Gilmore. Bland is going to be even better with another year under his belt. They‘ll probably add some help in the the draft. The offense is going to be better with Cooks and the release of Zeke. Loved Zeke, but he was a progress stopper and it was time for him to go. Hell, a 6th round RB could probably out produce Zeke sad to say. The only receiver the Cowboys had in 2022 was CeeDee and he was great. But there was no one else. Gallup was mentally hobbled coming off injury. Noah Brown? Give me a break. Shultz was solid but there are better TE’s to be had. The passing game suffered from only having 1 legitimate WR. The rest could not consistently get open.

But the BIGGEST reason I believe this is the year is MM. He finally jettisoned the anchor in KM. Moore is a young coach who was trying to build his resume. And he did so at the expense of the team. I’m sure he thought that having an explosive offense would help the team reach the SB. But it didn’t pan out that way because ball control in the NFL is more important than scoring 30 every game.

The Cowboys have finished 12-5 the last 2 years. Despite all the haters here, this team is on the cusp. You can hate on Dak, but he’s not the issue. When you only have 1 WR you’re going to struggle. When you don’t have a running game you’re going to struggle. When you’re defense can’t stop the run you’re going to struggle.

So like every year, yes every year, I predict this is the year for the Cowboys. Even before the draft I feel they’ve done enough. So you haters go ahead and crap on this thread. I’ll see you in January 2024.
Way to early to be talking like that. Right now the Defense is mildly better with one addition in Gilmore. Our biggest need is yet to be addressed in the run D and DT.

As it stands now the Oline is worse also. So that needs to be addressed in the draft and I am sure it will.

The Niners are also the better team as they have improved from last year. What will the Eagles look like? Not sure yet. And then we dont know about any injuries. I will admit that the NFC is ripe for the taking save the Niners. But they still loom. Now if you could guarantee me that we dont play the Niners until the championship game I might be on board with you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke is the progress stopper?

Then Dak is the season stopper.
I feel this is a transition year at QB and HC ....bye
What did Zeke do in the Niners game with a golden opportunity to carry the team with Pollard injured?

Do you remember his performance?

10 carries for 26 yards, no TD's and a long run of 5 yards. LOL

So Dak is supposed to carry the offense with ZERO run game and the best D in the NFL flooding the passing lanes in nickel with no threat from the run?

Do you recall our all pro kicker missing his first extra point? 7th miss in a row? So we couldnt count on the kicker either. Against the #1 D in the NFL on the road.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I’m optimistic about the team and was ready for kellen to move on but calling him an anchor is hyperbole and pretty wrong Imo

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
So what you are saying is . . . No More Excuses. . . If the Cowboys do not advance to the Championship Game . . . IT IS DAK'S FAULT

I will hold you to it. . . But I know you will just find another escape goat
What's an escape goat?

Is that like Baaaaaaaaaarold Houdini?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is the year​

...Jones finally inducts Jimmy Johnson into the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor!

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!
This is the year!

This is the year!
Nice ...... I counted

shabazz

Reaction score
“ I’ll take, phrases cowboys fans have been saying for a quarter century”, Alex

seriously though, we are so overdue…….the law of averages says we at least get to an NFC Championship game before “the year 2525…..if man is still alive”

shabazz

Reaction score
Still can’t believe fans are buying McCarthy’s bs that an explosive offense is a bad thing and prevents winning. The last few super bowls at least have a mixed bag of teams not being special with ball control and time of possession.
The offense can be explosive but then Inexplicably turns into a dud against either good defenses or in playoff games.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's funny. The Yankees are going 15 year since a WS. It is the exact same narrative about X years since.

Surfguy

Reaction score
If we have to play the 49ers again in the playoffs, then I'll just call it a loss and leave it at that. Ahem.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is the year​

...opposing quarterbacks will drop back, look at Trevon Diggs, then over at Stephon Gilmore, before screaming, "OH CRAP! MICAH!"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Again, hate and hating are actually the same thing with the only difference being hate is used as a noun and verb whereas hating is used as a verb. Simply because you want to claim someone hates Dak because they voice distrust in his ability to win 3 straight games in the playoffs does not equate to hate.
And all you do is hate.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This does feel like the year they have to take another step forward. If the defense again plays at a championship level but Dak continues to throw interceptions in the playoffs and can be seen as the reason they lost again, then it’s time to begin the move away from him. I am not saying it’s guaranteed to be his fault but should he gift wrap points for the other team again, then he needs to go as soon as his contract allows it.
Dak doesn’t throw interceptions in the playoffs other than last year due to having only 1 legit starting WR.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We’ve had Amari Cooper, Lamb, and. Healthy Gallup.. It didn’t matter.

It’s always something.

If we had an amazing QB then maybe we’d have hope but we have a good QB and we’ll just get good results.
But they had no defense. It’s a TEAM game McFly. Read Football 101 for Dummies.