This is where Dak lost the game when the score was 21-17 in 3rd qtr

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
The eagles came out and scored after halftime to go up 21-17. Then we get the ball back and had a 3rd and 15. Dak throws a 7yd pass instead of buying time to look down field to find a open man beyond the 1st down marker. Once that happened we lost momentum and the eagles got the ball back and when down and scored again to go up 28-17. After that we had to play catch up which is something you cant do on the road against a 7-1 team. So I dont care nothing about his passing yds and TD passes because he couldnt do it when it mattered the most. When you play the eagles you have to convert 3rd and 15 because u see they can score in a hurry. So instead of taking the lead 24-21 we gave the ball back and fell down 28-17.

That's been my issue with Dak since he been in the league, throwing short passes on 3rd and long because he dont want to get hit,

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is what happened after 1st and goal at the 6. Mistake prone teams don’t win playoff games.
The point is it wouldnt have come to that if he was able to match Hurts and led the offense down the field to score a TD

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The eagles came out and scored after halftime to go up 21-17. Then we get the ball back and had a 3rd and 15. Dak throws a 7yd pass instead of buying time to look down field to find a open man beyond the 1st down marker. Once that happened we lost momentum and the eagles got the ball back and when down and scored again to go up 28-17. After that we had to play catch up which is something you cant do on the road against a 7-1 team. So I dont care nothing about his passing yds and TD passes because he couldnt do it when it mattered the most. When you play the eagles you have to convert 3rd and 15 because u see they can score in a hurry. So instead of taking the lead 24-21 we gave the ball back and fell down 28-17.

That's been my issue with Dak since he been in the league, throwing short passes on 3rd and long because he dont want to get hit,
So ignore the offensive line being run over. Ignore the defense for the eagles who were taking away first looks. Just lay it all on the one guy who was avoiding being assaulted on nearly every play.

Sitting in your Naugahyde recliner may cause you to believe you see what Dak sees. And thus you know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em.

But the fact is every yokel on this board watching on TV does not see the entire field at the snap of the ball except once in a while when the telecast crew uses that shot. You do not know the play called. You do not know the blocking assignments of the line. You do not know the routes designated by the play. And you damn sure do not know if every player on the Dallas team is doing EXACTLY what their job entails and winning the requirements of their job.

So while you project what Dak should have done, the more likely fact is you don't know what you're talking about. As most people who post here do not know.
And your commentary is nothing more than a fan whose feelings are hurt because the team lost and you need to find the reason why you feel the way you do. And since we have established you have no clue why, pointing a finger at Dak is a convenient Band-Aid.

Even if you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before the game, your fandom doesn't elevate your understanding to resolve all the shortcomings listed above.

Haimerej

Reaction score
What about 4th and 8? Throwing a bad ball to a blanketed Tolbert with Ferguson wide open in the middle of the field?

dfense

Reaction score
So ignore the offensive line being run over. Ignore the defense for the eagles who were taking away first looks. Just lay it all on the one guy who was avoiding being assaulted on nearly every play.

Sitting in your Naugahyde recliner may cause you to believe you see what Dak sees. And thus you know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em.

But the fact is every yokel on this board watching on TV does not see the entire field at the snap of the ball except once in a while when the telecast crew uses that shot. You do not know the play called. You do not know the blocking assignments of the line. You do not know the routes designated by the play. And you damn sure do not know if every player on the Dallas team is doing EXACTLY what their job entails and winning the requirements of their job.

So while you project what Dak should have done, the more likely fact is you don't know what you're talking about. As most people who post here do not know.
And your commentary is nothing more than a fan whose feelings are hurt because the team lost and you need to find the reason why you feel the way you do. And since we have established you have no clue why, pointing a finger at Dak is a convenient Band-Aid.

Even if you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before the game, your fandom doesn't elevate your understanding to resolve all the shortcomings listed above.
Best reply in the post. That dude probably couldn't even spell Naugahyde let alone understand the game. I hate "Cowboys fans". Glass is never half full.

Zman5

Reaction score
Or throwing to Schoon on the goal line when Cooks was standing in the end zone WIDE open.

And for God's sake, how in the hell do you step out of bounds on that 2 point conversion?
Dak had a free blitzer coming right at him. He didn't have a chance to go to his second read which most likely would have been Cooks. It's clear Schoon was the 1st read on that play by the way Dak is looking to that side. Had Fergy ran a better rub or had Schoon not get tackled before the happened it would have been an easy TD.

AAbxLrwY_o.png

plymkr

Reaction score
I think the turning point in the game was Gallup dropping the ball in the two minute drill if the first half. We had momentum and if we scored a TD there then we go into half up by 7. Gallup dropping a great pass from Dak was a killer. Personally I don’t really want Gallup on the field much, he’s a progress stopper for Tolbert. He’s also a momentum killer.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I think the turning point in the game was Gallup dropping the ball in the two minute drill if the first half. We had momentum and if we scored a TD there then we go into half up by 7. Gallup dropping a great pass from Dak was a killer. Personally I don’t really want Gallup on the field much, he’s a progress stopper for Tolbert. He’s also a momentum killer.
So many plays impacted the game. It’s hard to pinpoint one person or play. The game wasn’t going our way with Ferguson being tackled a few inches away from the end zone, Prescott missing the two point conversion, key sacks, and drops. Remarkably with all those mishaps we still had a shot. I can’t hang my head too low with this loss….

Elusiv1

Reaction score
You need to be less worried about Dak and what he sees or rather doesn't see when you have free blitzers running free all over the place, it doesn't matter who we have at QB if your entire line constantly fails during big moments..Look no further then Terrance Steele who allowed 4 sacks by himself, and the lack of any sort of running game because our damn O-line can't open any lanes..Believe me I fall in that category of criticizing Dak when it's warranted, but he played his *** off today despite no running game and crappy O-line play..I'm just trying to take some positives out of an already miserable outcome.

GINeric

Reaction score

Ask yourself this. Why were we in 3rd and 15? Why has Dak had to bail us out of 2nd and 20.... 3rd and 15 situations?

Which one of those penalties did Dak commit to put us in those long yardage situations that he has to bail us out of??

I'll wait....