This is where Dak lost the game when the score was 21-17 in 3rd qtr

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So many plays impacted the game. It’s hard to pinpoint one person or play. The game wasn’t going our way with Ferguson being tackled a few inches away from the end zone, Prescott missing the two point conversion, key sacks, and drops. Remarkably with all those mishaps we still had a shot. I can’t hang my head too low with this loss….
These are the ones .....so close but we just fail....we show the heart of a lion .....except when we need to the most. Shoon not powering into the endzone. Dak stepping out of bounds on zero contact. Gallup drop.

That a lot of points we just leave out there after wetting our bed.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Oh, I get it now. The offense is supposed to score and keep up every time the Cowboys D gives up a TD drive.

Remember the narrative in August? The offense just needs to protect the ball and not lose the game. Let the D impose their will.

Back to square one.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I am not ignoring any of that but you can't take a sack at the end there, you can't audible to a QB draw with 27 seconds left and no timeouts and daggonit keep your feet inbounds when diving for the end zone.

You'rethe guy making 45 million!!!!!
Again, easy for you to say when you pause the contest to go to that little room, then get another beer.

How about the guys making millions on the line that continue to allow those pesky defenders around Dak? Or the brain trust who decided this configuration of the offensive line would do?

Your comments are naïve at best.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Or throwing to Schoon on the goal line when Cooks was standing in the end zone WIDE open.

And for God's sake, how in the hell do you step out of bounds on that 2 point conversion?
you try to run with duck feet, and see if you can control where you're running. lol

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So ignore the offensive line being run over. Ignore the defense for the eagles who were taking away first looks. Just lay it all on the one guy who was avoiding being assaulted on nearly every play.

Sitting in your Naugahyde recliner may cause you to believe you see what Dak sees. And thus you know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em.

But the fact is every yokel on this board watching on TV does not see the entire field at the snap of the ball except once in a while when the telecast crew uses that shot. You do not know the play called. You do not know the blocking assignments of the line. You do not know the routes designated by the play. And you damn sure do not know if every player on the Dallas team is doing EXACTLY what their job entails and winning the requirements of their job.

So while you project what Dak should have done, the more likely fact is you don't know what you're talking about. As most people who post here do not know.
And your commentary is nothing more than a fan whose feelings are hurt because the team lost and you need to find the reason why you feel the way you do. And since we have established you have no clue why, pointing a finger at Dak is a convenient Band-Aid.

Even if you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before the game, your fandom doesn't elevate your understanding to resolve all the shortcomings listed above.
What I do know is that Dak has been with us 7 or 8 years and although he was solid this game, our Cowboys are always a dollar short no matter the QB. Those are facts. No matter if it's Drew Henson or Romo or Dak Prescott. The best coach we've had since Jimmy was a washed up Parcells. No offense to Dak Prescott himself, but he cannot take us where we need to go based on his history alone. I predicted this with Romo too.

Creeper

Reaction score
It had nothing to do with the Eagles marching down the field on 2 consecutive drives to score 14 points and take a 28-17 lead? Or how they got into a 3rd and 15 situation in the first place?

They lost the game because the offensive line did not step up when it mattered.

Xeven

Reaction score
MM called wrong plays at the end when we were on the 5. Never sit in pocket at 5 yard line. Dumb.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
The same guy who failed when he needed to be clutch?
He was clutch. He threw for 170 yards in the 4th. WTH?? It wasn't his fault the refs didn't call that pass interference on Ferguson, or Steele having the worst game of his career. It's hard to win when 4 calls don't go your way in the final minutes of the game. If the illegal hands to the face was called (the flag was picked up for some reason), if the holding on Parsons was called, if the holding on Ferguson was called, if ticky-tack holding on Wilson wasn't called, we win that game because we don't have to go for 2 on that play. Got damn some of y'all are dumb. Blaming the one person who kept us in the game. LMAO!! :facepalm: But you give Parsons gets pass for some reason. The dude wasn't a difference maker at all in this game.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
tht's hingsight. you can't determine a game out come from a play in the 3rd quarter.
if he doesn't step out of bounds by 2 inches and we score the 2 point conversion and we tie it with a kick. or if we scored on that last drive and lamb able to get in, you wouldn't be saying this. instead it would be eagles who would say a story like this.

also, were there any players open down field? what was the pressure like? did he have a chance to extend the play? there is more to it than that.
Hurts always seem to convert 3rd and 15.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
You need to be less worried about Dak and what he sees or rather doesn't see when you have free blitzers running free all over the place, it doesn't matter who we have at QB if your entire line constantly fails during big moments..Look no further then Terrance Steele who allowed 4 sacks by himself, and the lack of any sort of running game because our damn O-line can't open any lanes..Believe me I fall in that category of criticizing Dak when it's warranted, but he played his *** off today despite no running game and crappy O-line play..I'm just trying to take some positives out of an already miserable outcome.
I'm one of those that criticizes dak a lot. He's not the reason they lost, he may be the reason you almost pulled out a win. He's developed a good chemistry with lamb and fergy these past 3 games in this new offense even without a run game. It's something this team can build on! It's a long season, let's see if they can put it all together in time for the post season.