This is where Dak lost the game when the score was 21-17 in 3rd qtr

Zman5

Reaction score
There are tons of thread trying to blame Dak and the offense for the loss but why aren't there any threads about the defense giving up 28 points?
If the defense is supposed to be a great defense and the strength of the team, you can't give 28 points to a team that was averaging 28 PPG.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think the turning point in the game was Gallup dropping the ball in the two minute drill if the first half. We had momentum and if we scored a TD there then we go into half up by 7. Gallup dropping a great pass from Dak was a killer. Personally I don’t really want Gallup on the field much, he’s a progress stopper for Tolbert. He’s also a momentum killer.
It's not gonna get talked about but Gallup made up for that drop. It was a huge drop but he came through plenty of times after that. It's going unnoticed now but him fighting back is what got that PI called at the end the game. That was crucial.

plymkr

Reaction score
It's not gonna get talked about but Gallup made up for that drop. It was a huge drop but he came through plenty of times after that. It's going unnoticed now but him fighting back is what got that PI called at the end the game. That was crucial.
Yes, he did have the one contested catch. I think I’m just frustrated with Gallup this year. Well I guess I’m just frustrated with this team for the last 25 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are tons of thread trying to blame Dak and the offense for the loss but why aren't there any threads about the defense giving up 28 points?
If the defense is supposed to be a great defense and the strength of the team, you can't give 28 points to a team that was averaging 28 PPG.
I agree but it was a weird game because on one hand I felt like the defense played well. The Eagles had under 300 total yards....but had 28 points. Scored zero points in the 4th.....they're wa some good stuff by the defense but yeah we needed them to shut them down to at least 21.....I expect our defense to do that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, he did have the one contested catch. I think I’m just frustrated with Gallup this year. Well I guess I’m just frustrated with this team for the last 25 years.
Oh no I get it. In theory I feel he made up for I but I also feel we were on our way to score 7. At that point they couldn't stop us and Dak was in a zone. Going up 21 to 14 would've been crucial. A huge drop.

I guess I'm developing a "loser mentality" because after the 9ers game I'm just happy they fought. That's a low bar I know but we can play with them. Gotta shore up the mistakes.

Zman5

Reaction score
I agree but it was a weird game because on one hand I felt like the defense played well. The Eagles had under 300 total yards....but had 28 points. Scored zero points in the 4th.....they're wa some good stuff by the defense but yeah we needed them to shut them down to at least 21.....I expect our defense to do that.
NE only allowed 25 points. TB only allowed 25. Jets only allowed 14 and the Rams only allowed 23 against the EaGirls. These teams don't have great defenses. If fact, we spanked three of those defenses. I would have guessed we would end up giving up more points than these teams.

plymkr

Reaction score
Oh no I get it. In theory I feel he made up for I but I also feel we were on our way to score 7. At that point they couldn't stop us and Dak was in a zone. Going up 21 to 14 would've been crucial. A huge drop.

I guess I'm developing a "loser mentality" because after the 9ers game I'm just happy they fought. That's a low bar I know but we can play with them. Gotta shore up the mistakes.
I wouldn’t call it a “loser mentality” but more learned helplessness after so many years of failure. What’s sad is I’m not as upset as I usually get. I think I’m getting used to losing big games and didn’t expect to win this one. I guess it’s learned helplessness or severe apathy is setting in. Fool me once shame on me, fool me 27 years straight I’m in an abusive relationship with the Cowboys. Lol, joking, well kind of. Being a Cowboys fan in like emotional self mutilation.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I've been critical of Dak many times, but if you're blaming today on him you're either agenda-driven or just clueless.

The Eagles secondary has been giving it up to everyone, Dak played great except on this play, the 2 point conv, and the sack he took with 27 secs left 1st and 5 from the 6 that ended the game.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or throwing to Schoon on the goal line when Cooks was standing in the end zone WIDE open.

And for God's sake, how in the hell do you step out of bounds on that 2 point conversion?
Yeah but who runs a route 1 yard short of the goal line? I know he's a rookie but you always are 2 yds inside.
The stepping out of bounds was just total lack of awareness.
Unacceptable at this level.

nobody

Reaction score
Uh, Dak wasn't the problem this game. He played very well. Sure, the offense failed when it mattered, but then, the defense allowed 28 points. It was a team failure. Still some serious redzone issues though for the offense.

Grenic

Reaction score
The eagles came out and scored after halftime to go up 21-17. Then we get the ball back and had a 3rd and 15. Dak throws a 7yd pass instead of buying time to look down field to find a open man beyond the 1st down marker. Once that happened we lost momentum and the eagles got the ball back and when down and scored again to go up 28-17. After that we had to play catch up which is something you cant do on the road against a 7-1 team. So I dont care nothing about his passing yds and TD passes because he couldnt do it when it mattered the most. When you play the eagles you have to convert 3rd and 15 because u see they can score in a hurry. So instead of taking the lead 24-21 we gave the ball back and fell down 28-17.

That's been my issue with Dak since he been in the league, throwing short passes on 3rd and long because he dont want to get hit,
Just stop

CCBoy

Reaction score
I've been critical of Dak many times, but if you're blaming today on him you're either agenda-driven or just clueless.

Really poor game for Dallas off their right tackle side.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Precisely. Many years ago I woulda thrown the TV out the window after a loss like this. Now, I just make sure my fantasy team wins and all is good.
My wife now just tells me to stop cussing on a Sunday.

Cmac

Reaction score
The eagles came out and scored after halftime to go up 21-17. Then we get the ball back and had a 3rd and 15. Dak throws a 7yd pass instead of buying time to look down field to find a open man beyond the 1st down marker. Once that happened we lost momentum and the eagles got the ball back and when down and scored again to go up 28-17. After that we had to play catch up which is something you cant do on the road against a 7-1 team. So I dont care nothing about his passing yds and TD passes because he couldnt do it when it mattered the most. When you play the eagles you have to convert 3rd and 15 because u see they can score in a hurry. So instead of taking the lead 24-21 we gave the ball back and fell down 28-17.

That's been my issue with Dak since he been in the league, throwing short passes on 3rd and long because he dont want to get hit,
3rd and 15 should warrant a rethinking of your assessment......3rd and 15 (think about it, take your time).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

tht's hingsight. you can't determine a game out come from a play in the 3rd quarter.
if he doesn't step out of bounds by 2 inches and we score the 2 point conversion and we tie it with a kick. or if we scored on that last drive and lamb able to get in, you wouldn't be saying this. instead it would be eagles who would say a story like this.

also, were there any players open down field? what was the pressure like? did he have a chance to extend the play? there is more to it than that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’m no DAk fan but 3rd and 15 is a low percentage conversion. I’m not holding that against him. If you want hold him accountable, the last 5 minutes is plenty of ammo.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn’t call it a “loser mentality” but more learned helplessness after so many years of failure. What’s sad is I’m not as upset as I usually get. I think I’m getting used to losing big games and didn’t expect to win this one. I guess it’s learned helplessness or severe apathy is setting in. Fool me once shame on me, fool me 27 years straight I’m in an abusive relationship with the Cowboys. Lol, joking, well kind of. Being a Cowboys fan in like emotional self mutilation.
Yeah the 9ers game took a lot of me.