This is where Dak lost the game when the score was 21-17 in 3rd qtr

aikemirv

Reaction score
So ignore the offensive line being run over. Ignore the defense for the eagles who were taking away first looks. Just lay it all on the one guy who was avoiding being assaulted on nearly every play.

Sitting in your Naugahyde recliner may cause you to believe you see what Dak sees. And thus you know when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em.

But the fact is every yokel on this board watching on TV does not see the entire field at the snap of the ball except once in a while when the telecast crew uses that shot. You do not know the play called. You do not know the blocking assignments of the line. You do not know the routes designated by the play. And you damn sure do not know if every player on the Dallas team is doing EXACTLY what their job entails and winning the requirements of their job.

So while you project what Dak should have done, the more likely fact is you don't know what you're talking about. As most people who post here do not know.
And your commentary is nothing more than a fan whose feelings are hurt because the team lost and you need to find the reason why you feel the way you do. And since we have established you have no clue why, pointing a finger at Dak is a convenient Band-Aid.

Even if you stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before the game, your fandom doesn't elevate your understanding to resolve all the shortcomings listed above.
I am not ignoring any of that but you can't take a sack at the end there, you can't audible to a QB draw with 27 seconds left and no timeouts and daggonit keep your feet inbounds when diving for the end zone.

You'rethe guy making 45 million!!!!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think the turning point in the game was Gallup dropping the ball in the two minute drill if the first half. We had momentum and if we scored a TD there then we go into half up by 7. Gallup dropping a great pass from Dak was a killer. Personally I don’t really want Gallup on the field much, he’s a progress stopper for Tolbert. He’s also a momentum killer.
It was a drop but that was a unnecessary fastball from 7 yards away. That is an insanely tough catch! Have a little touch!

Proof

Reaction score
The eagles came out and scored after halftime to go up 21-17. Then we get the ball back and had a 3rd and 15. Dak throws a 7yd pass instead of buying time to look down field to find a open man beyond the 1st down marker. Once that happened we lost momentum and the eagles got the ball back and when down and scored again to go up 28-17. After that we had to play catch up which is something you cant do on the road against a 7-1 team. So I dont care nothing about his passing yds and TD passes because he couldnt do it when it mattered the most. When you play the eagles you have to convert 3rd and 15 because u see they can score in a hurry. So instead of taking the lead 24-21 we gave the ball back and fell down 28-17.

That's been my issue with Dak since he been in the league, throwing short passes on 3rd and long because he dont want to get hit,
this is an incredibly strange take

Ken

Reaction score
The eagles came out and scored after halftime to go up 21-17. Then we get the ball back and had a 3rd and 15. Dak throws a 7yd pass instead of buying time to look down field to find a open man beyond the 1st down marker. Once that happened we lost momentum and the eagles got the ball back and when down and scored again to go up 28-17. After that we had to play catch up which is something you cant do on the road against a 7-1 team. So I dont care nothing about his passing yds and TD passes because he couldnt do it when it mattered the most. When you play the eagles you have to convert 3rd and 15 because u see they can score in a hurry. So instead of taking the lead 24-21 we gave the ball back and fell down 28-17.

That's been my issue with Dak since he been in the league, throwing short passes on 3rd and long because he dont want to get hit,
These haters breaking out the microscope to find things now.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I've been critical of Dak many times, but if you're blaming today on him you're either agenda-driven or just clueless.

Thank you for posting this. I blame our coaching staff more than anything for this loss.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Dak had a free blitzer coming right at him. He didn't have a chance to go to his second read which most likely would have been Cooks. It's clear Schoon was the 1st read on that play by the way Dak is looking to that side. Had Fergy ran a better rub or had Schoon not get tackled before the happened it would have been an easy TD.

AAbxLrwY_o.png
One of the commentators pointed out that Fergy's rub route didn't take the defender out of the play long enough.

Acheman08

Reaction score
It was a drop but that was a unnecessary fastball from 7 yards away. That is an insanely tough catch! Have a little touch!
Im frustrated with Gallup too but I agree. He just got his head around almost the same time the ball came in at 90 mph. Not an easy catch. Of course, Dak was trying to get it out as fast as possible too though. Gallup had a great contested catch later on. Im more frustrated with taking a sack (on steele and dak) in that situation and then delay of game. Dak has never been good at getting the ball off quickly and his clear audibles usually dont work out. There is no excuse to be standing there tapping your foot with seconds left...someone said it was on the C too which it could be, but Dak frequently takes too long to get the play off. And the sack he took there, imo it seemed he had a second to launch it out of bounds but held it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Precisely. Many years ago I woulda thrown the TV out the window after a loss like this. Now, I just make sure my fantasy team wins and all is good.
IDK, this loss bothered me more than the others.
We just cant get out of our own way and its maddening.
I so wish we had another Jimmy/Parcells type HC that paid attention to detail and held players accountable for their errors.....

aikemirv

Reaction score
These haters breaking out the microscope to find things now.
Haters nope. He really played a very good game but those mistakes at the end cost us the game. He is the guy, the 45 million dollar guy. He can't be making those mistakes at the end. He is paid to make the plays at the end.

The audible
The sack,
The stepping out on the 2 pt conversion

Those are all his!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is what happened after 1st and goal at the 6. Mistake prone teams don’t win playoff games.
I'll take it a little further. From around 4 minutes left, it's a new game. Regardless of the crappy calls, who had played well, who was struggling. All that was behind us. We ultimately had two chances to take the lead. Everything could have been erased with some smart, disciplined & clutch plays. We were basically gifted like 50 yards on the final drive.

Mistake prone & those who can't stand tall in the big moments don't win playoff games.

Ken

Reaction score
Haters nope. He really played a very good game but those mistakes at the end cost us the game. He is the guy, the 45 million dollar guy. He can't be making those mistakes at the end. He is paid to make the plays at the end.

The audible
The sack,
The stepping out on the 2 pt conversion

Those are all his!
*40 million

I don't know how an audible on a false start is on him? Sure, didn't look like it was there but the look dictated the call.

Sack is actually on Steele. Dak made plays all afternoon like this, if he didn't, we wouldn't have done anything.

The stepping out shouldn't have happened, i agree, he had the room to just run it in. We are talking about a guy whose foot was turned the other way just a couple of years ago though and he was running at max speed for him. Easier said than done.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The defense allowing 2 TDs when we had a lead coming out of the half is completely unacceptable. You cannot expect the offense to score EVERY single drive when your team rushed for **'in 75 yards the entire game.
It's embarrassing.

aikemirv

Reaction score
*40 million

I don't know how an audible on a false start is on him? Sure, didn't look like it was there but the look dictated the call.

Sack is actually on Steele. Dak made plays all afternoon like this, if he didn't, we wouldn't have done anything.

The stepping out shouldn't have happened, i agree, he had the room to just run it in. We are talking about a guy whose foot was turned the other way just a couple of years ago though and he was running at max speed for him. Easier said than done.
How many times do you hear everyone sy the QB can't take the sack there. He had time to throw it away.

Audible to the run with 27 seconds left and no timeouts is just dumb, plain and simple. That is going to take 15-20 seconds of your 27. At least costing you 1 play and possibly 2 - Just dumb!!!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score

This is so stupid. Look how hard you're working to try to find a way to blame Dak.

CONVERT THIRD AND 15. Did you ever think that maybe, I don't know, the Eagles were defending the 15-yard passes?

Ken

Reaction score
How many times do you hear everyone sy the QB can't take the sack there. He had time to throw it away.

Audible to the run with 27 seconds left and no timeouts is just dumb, plain and simple. That is going to take 15-20 seconds of your 27. At least costing you 1 play and possibly 2 - Just dumb!!!
Sure, I have seen every qb in the league take sacks in similar situations. It happens.

This isn't madden, he doesn't see everything on the field all the time. He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head.

Unless he scores on the draw...which i think was the intent.

conner01

Reaction score

If no one is open deep you say throw anyway?

conner01

Reaction score
This is so stupid. Look how hard you're working to try to find a way to blame Dak.

CONVERT THIRD AND 15. Did you ever think that maybe, I don't know, the Eagles were defending the 15-yard passes?
Exactly.

RandyOh

Reaction score
This is in contention for worst thread of 2023. Dak played amazing and would have been a blow out if they played at home. Eagles got away with so much as you should expect when they play on their home field. No one showed up for Dak on offense besides Lamb, Ferg, and Turpin. Cooks, Gallup, and Pollard let Dak down. The Line let Dak down too. Especially Steele

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Seriously? lol. The Cowboys had plenty of opportunities after that. It's ridiculous to say the game was lost after that one play.