This is why Amari wanted out

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yeah just a bad miss by Dak here. I think the guy played a decent game overall, but this is becoming a common theme for Dak. Not sure if he simply isnt comfortable with the MM offense or what, but if you just pause that at the 6-second mark I'm not sure what Dak is missing there. In an odd way it's almost like it was too easy. The defense didn't disguise anything presnap even. It was a straight cover 2 coverage that you would expect a high school QB to take advantage of as you have the perfect play call on. If the backer runs up the seem with the TE then its an easy connection to the RB in the flat. If the Backer plays his zone as he did the TE is going to have a big window as he did.

Don't make too much out of one pay, but this was a bad miss. Pressure came, but the ball should have been out prior to Dak having to scramble.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Dak dropped back turned his head to do a fake, by the time his head turns back upfield, he had the LE breaking through the line.

Now why was Dak faking to no one? I don't have the slightest clue and hopefully that gets fixed. But he missed a wide open receiver because he wasn't looking in the right direction.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think some of that was pressure. He had to roll out. If he had a pocket to drop back in maybe he look down field.
Exactly. That was not his first read. You can see he wanted to go to ferguson when he seen it but the DT was right there and he couldn't step into the throw then had to scramble. Our offensive line is terrible

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is awful

He saw him, but by that time he was being flushed out. I don't know if his view was blocked or if he was looking elsewhere, but I won't complain too much about that one. It's better than throwing an int.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
This is awful

Maybe you should watch that film over and over. Maybe you should see how the DT was winning the battle and breaking free. Maybe you should watch Dak's head, in relationship to the TE and the safeties and understand he did not see that early enough.

I love Troy's commentary. And he was right about the middle. But the offensive line was a fire drill most of the night. And the safety on the right, (our right), was moving toward the TE when Dak looked up. But the DT was also entering an area where he couldn't step up.
And late in the game on a scoring drive, especially after Dak threw a game away in a similar situation, makes me wonder how that might affect future plays in same situations. It calls into question if I might need to invest in the "Football for newbies," stocks, since there is a dire need for information other than Dak stinks.

I shake my head at the myopic view of fans who must support their personal agenda with ignoring what actually happens on the field.

Not to mention the pick in the last minutes

rambo2

Reaction score
With the Browns defense, if Deshawn Watson plays like they are paying him, Amari has an outside chance of seeing a Championship game……..would he have seen one remaining here?
Amari Cooper does not like freezing his *** off in Cleveland.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He saw him, but by that time he was being flushed out. I don't know if his view was blocked or if he was looking elsewhere, but I won't complain too much about that one. It's better than throwing an int.
Yeah, I have been very frustrated with Dak over the years but not last night. He had a 9 yrds per att game and should have had a 2nd td that Gallup dropped which would have put him at 10 yrds per attempt. That is a great game IMO. Moved up and out of trouble a good bit last night as well.

conner01

Reaction score
Pressure changes things. And our oline isn’t playing their best football so far. Some of it may be the fact this is the second game together so far. But run and pass blocking hasn’t been as good as I expected

The Natural

Reaction score
I think some of that was pressure. He had to roll out. If he had a pocket to drop back in maybe he look down field.
IMG-8792.jpg

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Exactly. That was not his first read. You can see he wanted to go to ferguson when he seen it but the DT was right there and he couldn't step into the throw then had to scramble. Our offensive line is terrible
By the time that happened though it was too late. That's a pre snap read that the QB needs to see and adjust to. No need to go through the motions on the weakest fake youll ever see. Now that may not be a Dak issue, it could be a MM/Schottenheimer issue where Dak doesnt have the freedom to do so. In theory though this offense is supposed to be based around timing, finding gaps in the field, and getting the ball out quick. For some reason that is happening very little, even when the throws are there. The pressure was there, but it was a full 7 step drop for Dak.

Something about this all just feels very off, and I cant pinpoint if its a player or coaching issue. We saw in other games where it just seems like Dak is restricted and the coaching staff doesn't have a ton of faith in Dak. I think even in this game the end of the half scenario is another example of it. Part of me thinks Dak is struggling to see the field, but part of me also starts to think that Dak isn't given much freedom in this offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.