This is why Amari wanted out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
IMG-8792.jpg
If he throws it now then the safety still has a chance at breaking up the pass. He probably wanted to wait until he cleared the safety and put the ball over the top. Unfortunately our hof guard and dumb rt standing there blocking air got beat and didnt allow a shot at the endzone

Reactions: G2

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Like it is for every QB in the league.

But let's ignore that for the time being because eating out own is more appealing for some.

Bon Appetit.
To some extent yeah it's an every QB issue, but this was a bad miss. TE running free up the seam against a straight cover 2 is as easy as it gets. As I said in another post in this thread IDK if its really a Dak not seeing the field issue or a Dak is being handcuffed by the coaches issue. That is one that a Rogers, Brady, even a Romo would see, make an adjustment, and take advantage of easily. Dak is plenty good enough to make that throw.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
To some extent yeah it's an every QB issue, but this was a bad miss. TE running free up the seam against a straight cover 2 is as easy as it gets. As I said in another post in this thread IDK if its really a Dak not seeing the field issue or a Dak is being handcuffed by the coaches issue. That is one that a Rogers, Brady, even a Romo would see, make an adjustment, and take advantage of easily. Dak is plenty good enough to make that throw.
Watch it again. Then watch it again. Each time focus on Dak's head, the position of both safeties, and the linebacker in the middle of the field as the DT broke free to invade the area Dak would have stepped up.

Now offer a commentary about what the temperament would have been with a poorly thrown ball because Dak could not step into it. Throwing late which allowed the safety to come over. Or not enough gusto on the ball the linebacker wandered back and deflected it, or worse intercepted it.

And in the final analysis, what Dak saw, and what he believed he saw, also requires an understanding of where this was in the game, and how many more times Dak would have the ball back with time enough to win. If that didn't end up in the other team's hands because of the lateness of him seeing the TE.

Then factor in that McCarthy wants him to risk less. Which speaks to your comment about coaching.

I agree he could make that throw. He made some much more difficult in the game.

J-man

Reaction score
This was a big miss for a big play if not a TD. Yes, the pressure did get there before he could react to seeing the TE wide open so there is an excuse. But IMHO, this is another example that Dak just isn't very good at pre snap reads. He should have seen the alignment and anticipated the route being open. It was play-action and it wasn't his first read, but that's what top QB's do. They see things and just know what's going to be there before it happens. Had he seen it pre-snap he could have been peaking the safeties from the snap. At which point you make it your first read just because you know it will be open.
I bet $ if Kurt Warner does a break down of this game he will point that play out as a missed opportunity by Dak. I wonder he he would consider coaching Dak on reading defenses?

Praxit

Reaction score
....Troy forgot what its like not having OL hold up.

Lets refresh Troy highlights, on one his last games of his career.

He was playing the Eagles. Eagles D was eating his lunch.

Finally, after like two sacks in row. He got up yelling at his OL, pointing fingers.

Dude, was BEYOND frustrated.

So yeah, Dak was under duress last night.

glimmerman

Reaction score
77 whiffed on his block. He could have thrown it. But a split second after that picture he is on the run. It sure looked like he saw it. He could have thrown it off his back foot but maybe he was afraid safety would get over and pick it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak missed Fergie, I get it, but largely, he is why we won the game. Knowing Dak, he will watch the film and see that and it wont happen again.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
He’s got happy feet obviously from getting harassed all night. He had time if he’d just waited a split second longer he would have seen the TE. This play was close and could’ve gone either way.

Rayman70

Reaction score
....Troy forgot what its like not having OL hold up.

Lets refresh Troy highlights, on one his last games of his career.

He was playing the Eagles. Eagles D was eating his lunch.

Finally, after like two sacks on row. He got up yelling at his OL, pointing fingers.

Dude, was BEYOND frustrated.

So yeah, Dak was under duress last night.
nailed it. Yet others like TROY IGNORE the degree of difficulty by which Dak had to play with all night and he flourished still. Made a beautiful TD pass to Cooks. Not many QB's in the NFL can make that throw, especially under pressure, falling back. That was deadly accurate. A perfect Pass.HE made another to MG, but was dropped..

Praxit

Reaction score
nailed it. Yet others like TROY IGNORE the degree of difficulty by which Dak had to play with all night and he flourished still. Made a beautiful TD pass to Cooks. Not many QB's in the NFL can make that throw, especially under pressure, falling back. That was deadly accurate. A perfect Pass.HE made another to MG, but was dropped..
....I thought Dak, did awesome job stepping up out of the pocket and making throws.

My guess, he knew it would be long night if he STOOD back there.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
By the time that happened though it was too late. That's a pre snap read that the QB needs to see and adjust to. No need to go through the motions on the weakest fake youll ever see. Now that may not be a Dak issue, it could be a MM/Schottenheimer issue where Dak doesnt have the freedom to do so. In theory though this offense is supposed to be based around timing, finding gaps in the field, and getting the ball out quick. For some reason that is happening very little, even when the throws are there. The pressure was there, but it was a full 7 step drop for Dak.

Something about this all just feels very off, and I cant pinpoint if its a player or coaching issue. We saw in other games where it just seems like Dak is restricted and the coaching staff doesn't have a ton of faith in Dak. I think even in this game the end of the half scenario is another example of it. Part of me thinks Dak is struggling to see the field, but part of me also starts to think that Dak isn't given much freedom in this offense.
Pre snap read? They’re playing 2 LBs shaded strong with a safety over the top. The TE is certainly not the primary in that situation.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
You can literally do this 3-5 times every game for a QB.
He definitely should have hit it though. On a night Dak played great, I won't complain too much

Rayman70

Reaction score
Amari didnt want out. He was run.For Non football reasons that we cant talk about here. the local Dallas media was spearheading the Push to get him run. MIKE FISHER. The narrative that he wasn't a team guy is BS. They also said he took plays off. ANOTHER LIE. We miss him right now. We still haven't really replaced him.

Status
Not open for further replies.