This is why I say Jerry does not get it!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;2505567 said:
why is "succeding despite distractions" a condition that MUST be factored in? It's almost like WE CRAVE IT. We are talking about a group that has never won...so they don't know HOW to win. Why not just try to win with a little humility and hard work? Why not do your job and KEEP your mouth shut. Their is a rat in the lockeroom because everyone wants their 5 mins of fame. It is not even about football with this team.

First of all, that 'not knowing how to win' stuff is pop-psyche nonsense. This team knows how to win, it's just not that easy in the NFL. Only one teams' fans get to shut up each off season. The other 31 get to second-guess.

Jerry believes publicity is good for the team. It makes the team money that he uses to get *any* player his staff thinks can make us better. It builds a fan base. And by keeping us the preeminent team in the league, it gives Jerry real power in the roles he can play in league management. The Cowboys benefit tremendously from the position Jerry keeps us in, and the fans don't have enough appreciation of this.

The downside is that there are people who actually care about what goes on with the team and the players and the coaches have to answer some extra questions. Marshall Faulk gets to pop-off with some nonsense to stir up the fans some more. So it goes.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Idgit;2505589 said:
First of all, that 'not knowing how to win' stuff is pop-psyche nonsense. This team knows how to win, it's just not that easy in the NFL. Only one teams' fans get to shut up each off season. The other 31 get to second-guess.

Jerry believes publicity is good for the team. It makes the team money that he uses to get *any* player his staff thinks can make us better. It builds a fan base. And by keeping us the preeminent team in the league, it gives Jerry real power in the roles he can play in league management. The Cowboys benefit tremendously from the position Jerry keeps us in, and the fans don't have enough appreciation of this.

The downside is that there are people who actually care about what goes on with the team and the players and the coaches have to answer some extra questions. Marshall Faulk gets to pop-off with some nonsense to stir up the fans some more. So it goes.
well....since Jerry weilds the most power with league managmenet....maybe he can do something about the Cowboys being the MOST penalized team in the NFL?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2505556 said:
first of all...I don't give a d*amn about what you think of me.
Really? That hurts my feelings. [/sarcasm off]

I never said I dislike you. I just don't take you very seriously. All you do is come up with new ways to think all is lost.

and secondly AN ENVIRONMENT has been created by the OWNER that gives the media a forum to BLOW THINGS out of proportion...and he does nothing to help it with his pie hole running non-stop.
Maybe you have a point there, but I don't agree with you on the impact. I've seen the same circus atmosphere around the Cowboys since before Jerry bought them. Oh and forum isn't the correct word. We are a forum. he gives them a platform.

There used to be a time where athletes did not say anything unless they could back it up.
When was this? I seem to have a recollection that in this country people can say whatever they want. I don't remember when players weren't allowed to talk and how would they know if they could back anything up?

This is what I am talking about in not taking you seriously. You don't think things through before you throw it against the wall.

But somewhere along the way the Dallas Cowboys think that because they look good on paper that means the season should just be cancelled and the Cowboys should be declared the champs. MEMO...we have not won anything in a long time!
Hate to tell you this slick but that mentality in Dallas way predates Jerry Jones. I can quote you comments by Conrad Dobler about that mentality in Dallas and he was done playing when Jerry bought the team.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2505598 said:
well....since Jerry weilds the most power with league managmenet....maybe he can do something about the Cowboys being the MOST penalized team in the NFL?
Only if they quit committing penalties. This honestly is not all that hard to grasp.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tunahelper;2505574 said:
Maybe you would prefer the Bills owner?

or

Some other owner who doesnt open the pocket book?

For all his "faults" the man tries to field a winner with all his resources.We should be thankful he is on our side.
Mike Brown, Al Davis and Bill Bidwell are paragons of Ownership.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hostile;2505613 said:
Mike Brown, Al Davis and Bill Bidwell are paragons of Ownership.
is this what it has come to? At least we are not the Raiders, Cardinals etc...insert any other bad team. Be happy because it could be worse?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2505628 said:
is this what it has come to? At least we are not the Raiders, Cardinals etc...insert any other bad team. Be happy because it could be worse?
If that's the only way you can interpret that comment it says it all and makes my point for me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;2505628 said:

No what it tells me is we were down like those teams and now we are moving up the ladder. I know many Cowboy fans feel as we are different than others but the truth is we are not and it is just as hard to rebuild and produce championship as it is for every team out there and it does not happen overnight.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Two old adages.. "Careful what you wish for" & "The Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't".

Personally, I would not be surprised if Stephen is every bit his old man...and then some. :)

Let's just be happy with what we have. An owner/GM that wants to always contend. A vast majority of professional sports teams are not so lucky.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I knew I SHOULD have never opened this THREAD because it's the same old broken RECORD about Jerry Jones and how he makes the PLAYERS commit penalties and stuff. If Jerry would CATCH that rat in the locker room everything might BE better.

(why the hell am i typing like this)?

Carry on...

:rolleyes:

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
In a weird way, I think the St. Louis and Arizona games are going to either be REALLY posititive for us, or REALLY hurt us.

I still think we make the play offs. I think we can finally make a deep run if we get there. Id cite those two teams as starting what was a much needed wake up call.

If we don't, we'll be pretty upset we missed out, especially because we lost to a team as horrendous as St. Louis.