This is why I say Jerry does not get it!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Watching the TO interview...listening to the line of questioning. Then for TO to finally end the session with "I am done with this". We are in single elimination mode....the ante cannot be raised any higher than single elimination mode. Yet Jerry, the addict, relishes adding more toppings. It is just very dissapointing and an indication that he JUST DOES NOT GET IT!!!

cowboyed

Reaction score
bbailey423;2503355 said:
Watching the TO interview...listening to the line of questioning. Then for TO to finally end the session with "I am done with this". We are in single elimination mode....the ante cannot be raised any higher than single elimination mode. Yet Jerry, the addict, relishes adding more toppings. It is just very dissapointing and an indication that he JUST DOES NOT GET IT!!!

You put too much stock in what T.O. states and then conveniently blame Jerry Jones for enabling. Last year late in the season T.O. did not independently assert himself or create a me against the world fiasco and we promptly exited out of the first game of the playoffs.

I have never seen a fan in any forum so obsessed with denigrating the owner and general manager of our team. Ok, I predict Jerry Jones will make more mistakes and not be in total control of all player actions. We had a good draft last year and an outstanding draft this year. Good free agent acquisitions as well.

Our defense is finally coming together, we have been racked by a plethora of injuries throughout the season. We are sitting at 9-5 and have beaten tough teams in our division late in the season.

We are in control of our destiny and whether we win or lose this team now is playing with more substance than veneer which will bode well in 2009. The mental fabric of this team is improving from coach to player.

There is no need to become the 5th Horseman of the Posting Apocalypse.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
I agree with your frustration but what was Jerry supposed to do?

Take a page from the Giants playbook and suspend T.O. like they did plax? That seems to be working out well for them isn't it? :rolleyes:

Right now we are fighting for our playoff lives. we need every player on the team to step up, including T.O.

There will be plenty of time in the offseason to chart a different course if it is warranted. :cool:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
cowboyed;2503361 said:
You put too much stock in what T.O. states and then conveniently blame Jerry Jones for enabling. Last year late in the season T.O. did not independently assert himself or create a me against the world fiasco and we promptly exited out of the first game of the playoffs.

I have never seen a fan in any forum so obsessed with denigrating the owner and general manager of our team. Ok, I predict Jerry Jones will make more mistakes and not be in total control of all player actions. We had a good draft last year and an outstanding draft this year. Good free agent acquisitions as well.

Our defense is finally coming together, we have been racked by a plethora of injuries throughout the season. We are sitting at 9-5 and have beaten tough teams in our division late in the season.

We are in control of our destiny and whether we win or lose this team now is playing with more substance than veneer which will bode well in 2009. The mental fabric of this team is improving from coach to player.

There is no need to become the 5th Horseman of the Posting Apocalypse.
you are missing my point....I agree the team has been built well. Why can't he just get out of the way and let them play?

I am upset with Jerry admitting he LOVES the media firestorm...for stating loud and clear for everyone to hear "WE LOVE THIS KIND OF STUFF....BRING IT ON". I don't get the impression the players like this one bit...they are looking pretty tired of it. Other teams can just focus on the opponent...why does Jerry THINK we need more than JUST THE OPPONENT and JUST THE GAME. Why is the GAME not enough?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
lcharles;2503364 said:
I agree with your frustration but what was Jerry supposed to do?

Take a page from the Giants playbook and suspend T.O. like they did plax? That seems to be working out well for them isn't it? :rolleyes:

Right now we are fighting for our playoff lives. we need every player on the team to step up, including T.O.

There will be plenty of time in the offseason to chart a different course if it is warranted. :cool:
sorry if you missed my point....my point was the team is built...just let them play. Stop inviting more bright lights. The lights are as bright as they need to be

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
bbailey423;2503372 said:
you are missing my point....I agree the team has been built well. Why can't he just get out of the way and let them play?

I am upset with Jerry admitting he LOVES the media firestorm...for stating loud and clear for everyone to hear "WE LOVE THIS KIND OF STUFF....BRING IT ON". I don't get the impression the players like this one bit...they are looking pretty tired of it. Other teams can just focus on the opponent...why does Jerry THINK we need more than JUST THE OPPONENT and JUST THE GAME. Why is the GAME not enough?

Because the game isnt always enough. Publicity is what drives money-making in the NFL. Mister Jones is about keeping his brand at the forefront.

I get frustrated with his "enabling" comments as well, but you might as well get used to it as the marketer in him won't stop doing it. From a pure business perspective, he's doing the right thing even if it does not always help on the field or in the locker room.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2503372 said:
I am upset with Jerry admitting he LOVES the media firestorm...for stating loud and clear for everyone to hear "WE LOVE THIS KIND OF STUFF....BRING IT ON".

That's why comments about him doing everything he can to win is pure B.S.

If he really wanted to do everything he could to win he would want to limit the distractions. The media attention will come with the winning and us just being the Dallas Cowboys. We don't need all the sideshows to add publicity to this team. But Jerry relishes the circus acts. He's a showman and businessman first and foremost and has no problem with all these distractions even if they prove to be detrimental to the teams success.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander;2503379 said:
Because the game isnt always enough. Publicity is what drives money-making in the NFL. Mister Jones is about keeping his brand at the forefront.

I get frustrated with his "enabling" comments as well, but you might as well get used to it as the marketer in him won't stop doing it. From a pure business perspective, he's doing the right thing even if it does not always help on the field or in the locker room.

Exactly and I think that is where I have the biggest problem with Jerry being both the Owner AND GM because that is an area I think conflicts with each job title.

As an owner and business man you want someone that is marketing the team and helping improve the team from a business standpoint. Whether that be getting new stadiums or garning some press. One could argue that the press would fall under another job title something like Rich D's or someone elses but this is Jerry.

But at the same time as GM you would want your GM doing nothing to help cause more media when there is already enough. The GM is not the HC but still I don't know of many other GMs out there that would be loving the press during a time when the press seems to be causing more trouble than there is or stoking the fires.

Who knows...maybe that is just me but that just seems to be an area where Owner Jerry and GM Jerry conflicts with each other. I am not saying it is the only area by the way.:D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
bbailey423;2503355 said:

Why can't we all just move on? TO has and I bet the rest of the team has as well.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
bbailey423;2503375 said:
sorry if you missed my point....my point was the team is built...just let them play. Stop inviting more bright lights. The lights are as bright as they need to be

Yeah, I did miss your point I guess.

As far as the bright lights, Jerry loves him some publicity.

As long as Jerry is in control it will be that way.

Jerry likes star power even if turmoil comes with it. :star:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2503476 said:
Saddest thing I have ever read.

:cry2:

Something I imagine most of us have heard in our youth....

Stop crying or I will give you something to cry about.

:laugh1:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Hostile;2503476 said:
Saddest thing I have ever read.

:cry2:
does not SHOCK me at all that you think all of the "stuff" does not matter. But I guess you have read that Troy thinks the Cowboys will NOT make the playoffs because this "stuff" does matter. Especially for guys who JUST WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
bbailey423;2503639 said:
does not SHOCK me at all that you think all of the "stuff" does not matter. But I guess you have read that Troy thinks the Cowboys will NOT make the playoffs because this "stuff" does matter. Especially for guys who JUST WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL.

They had just as many, if not more, distractions around this team all the time in the Nineties, really pretty much from the day that Jerry bought the team, and I don't recall it keeping them from making the playoffs, or winning Superbowls, then.

Troy Aikman saying this stuff matter is laughable. The teams he won Superbowls are had so much controversy and crap going on all the time and yet they won anyway. Funny how he conviently forgets that.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2503654 said:
They had just as many, if not more, distractions around this team all the time in the Nineties, really pretty much from the day that Jerry bought the team, and I don't recall it keeping them from making the playoffs, or winning Superbowls, then.

Troy Aikman saying this stuff matter is laughable. The teams he won Superbowls are had so much controversy and crap going on all the time and yet they won anyway. Funny how he conviently forgets that.

It certainly wasn't condoned back then, at least not by guys like Jimmy.

Jerry on the other hand, it's no wonder the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in a dozen years.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think sometimes people forget some of the playmakers problems. And someone will say well his were off the field and not on the field or locker room distractions to which I say...as bad as TO is, I don't recall him ever attacking someone with a pair of scissors.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

You forget....Jimmy was the coach back then.....built the team from the ground up. Those were tried and true Cowboys. This is the wrong head coach for this "stuff". And there are too many mentally fragile guys on this team for this "stuff". And most of the stuff from the 90s occurred AFTER we had already won. This team has enough on it's plate to JUST MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Then they have to try and WIN a playoff game. That should be all the "stuff" we need!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Bach;2503683 said:
It certainly wasn't condoned back then, at least not by guys like Jimmy.

Jerry on the other hand, it's no wonder the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in a dozen years.
exactly.....I guess some people have not heard what Troy OR Jimmy think about all the "stuff" that is going on in Dallas.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbailey423;2503639 said:
I have read Troy's opinion and I respect his opinions. That doesn't mean I have to agree with every word he says.

You are an alarmist. The very definition of "does not shock me" is that you once again are looking for the bogeyman under the bed.

"bbailey423 thinks there is danger ahead?" GASP! "Oh say it isn't so Beetle."

Oh and I'm not shocked that once again Jerry is the scapegoat for all things wrong in Dallas. That's a broken freaking record.

Gotta love gadflies. So entertaining and so sensitive to every response that isn't hand wringing with them.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bbailey423;2503717 said:
exactly.....I guess some people have not heard what Troy OR Jimmy think about all the "stuff" that is going on in Dallas.

Who cares what they think?

Remember: Just because this stuff bothers YOU- it doesn't mean it bothers the players. They may be able to handle distractions better than you are, and as a matter of fact, I am sure of that.