This is why Staubach is revered around here

RoboQB

Reaction score
LOL, when I saw his post I was thinking - you mean tougher than the Steel Curtain Steelers era. How was 70s football less tough. The Raiders all looked like they should be behind bars. A WR was actually paralyzed by a hit. LOL, Im pretty sure Staubachs era was very tough.
I'm reminded of an NFL Films clip of Raiders DB, George Atkinson telling the world that Lynn Swann is "soft" as they show, in slow motion, George attempting to decapitate Swann with a clothesline as he crosses. The ball was not thrown to Swann, no flag was thrown and it happened in the middle of the field. Swann didn't get up. Soft, indeed, George...lol
The 70s NFL, wrapped up in one play.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bro, we just had one of the biggest let downs in team history. You can expect more threads in the future of people criticizing this team and they've earned every bit of criticism thrown at them.
Lol! Like they come on here and read what we post. They're in Cancun and many here are making themselves miserable.

plasticman

Reaction score
As reserved as Staubach appeared, his competitive drive was unmatched. He threw a paddle at a larger teammate once when he lost in a game of ping-pong.

In Super Bowl 13, which the Cowboys lost, he threw a 3rd down pass into the endzone and future Hall of Famer, Jackie Smith, flat out dropped it. Staubach looked as though he expected to be given another chance. He had difficulty processing the fact that they didn't score. He was that focused on winning.

Back then the Cowboys were expected to win. Any time they were defeated it was considered an upset.

Staubach had the best passer rating in his first season as starter. He had the best passer rating in his last season. He led in passer rating four times.