This is why Staubach is revered around here

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, I’m sorry my opinions make you apparently feel obsessed to follow me around and repeatedly tell me in thread after thread why I’m not a fan. It seems like a lot of complaining.

Your opinions are fine with me as long as they are within the rules. If you disagree with my opinion, no problem. Just don’t tell any fan they aren’t a fan. And it might be a good idea to stop policing people’s opinions. That’s not my job or anyone else’s on this opinion forum. As long as those opinions follow the rules have at it.

Just don’t understand why you spend so much time complaining about my opinions…which you say is complaining. :D
It's just my opinion, I'm allowed to have them too...as long as they are within the rules.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'm not arguing one way or another but I imagine the size and strength of the 90s athletes was far superior on a whole. I'm not referring to individuals but strength training and making it a year long commitment wasn't something that happened until pay was more commensurate with performance.

You can change my mind on that stance though, because I'm not positive.
That my friend is a very valid point.
My comment was more along the lines of what would draw a personal foul and what would get you tossed or suspended.
It was a lot more violent in the 70s in those terms.

Reactions: CWR

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
as revered as he was, I could totally imagine the game thread during Roger's last playoff game when the Rams took the lead late and we didn't move the ball "fire the coach, Landry is a bum, game has passed him by, Roger washed, he lost to Vince Ferragamo, who cares about the SB in 1977, he sucks now, his mind is mush" etc

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
My comment was more along the lines of what would draw a personal foul and what would get you tossed or suspended.
yes, that is correct. I saw Roger getting up from a hit one time with his helmet turned completely sideways. The defense played could do anything to the receivers. It was a tougher time, no doubt about it.

It was a great time to be a fan.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have gone from Rodger and Troy to Tad Prescott.
Going down anyone????
To be fair , Dak is a good person. He just doesn’t have that “It” factor. But , it is not his fault Jerry has given him the keys to the team for so long. That’s on Jerry.

CWR

Reaction score
Agreed, the sport has gotten softer the more time goes on. Even the NBA is less physical.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Staubach is revered because he was Captain Comeback and led the Cowboys to their first championship. He was the QB that finally put an end to the reputation the Cowboys had for always being bridesmaids. He’s the reason they became America’s Team.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with Staubach was all the baggage he brought off the field.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The problem with Staubach was all the baggage he brought off the field.
(Lmao. Dude, your humor is the one thing I look forward to on this board.)

The worst thing Staubach ever did was request a
Chevy station wagon in place of a new Corvette when
he won the SB MVP...lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Great players, but not vicious. Lambert and others back then would bite people in pileups. He liked hurting guys.

But it sounds like that's not what you meant by "tougher era".

:p
Yeah I mean I guess it’s my mistake for not clarifying I’ve had a bunch of people think I meant as far as physical play but I was more so talking about tougher completion. Naw….Deion wasn’t quite “tough” lol but he was a great player.