This isn’t bad luck

kskboys

Reaction score
True. But it’s this owner that is the biggest problem.

With his nose in coaches meetings, holding post game press conferences in the locker room, undermining his HC by making public statements about player discipline before discussing it with him, and making himself the face of this franchise for nearly 25 years, Jerry Jones is primarily responsible for this culture.

Yes the head coach is terrible, but Jerry is the one continuing his employment. Yes we have better talent than the record but isn’t the person at the top who constantly crows that he’s responsible for everything from jocks and socks to hot dog buns the one most culpable for this entire near quarter century drought? Yes he is.
Jerry is the #1 problem, and there's no close 2nd.

morat1959

Reaction score
No it didn’t! We held on multiple screens that weren’t called. This went on to produce FGs snd keep us in a game. Same with PI calls. All calls that are weak affect a portion of the game for both teams. People here just have this irrational mindset that the league is out to get us. The league apologizes to teams weekly. You are just whining when the issue was coaching, special teams etc. It’s weak sauce. Go to your crib. The tripping calls were bs and made me mad but we still had chances all game to win. NE played pedestrian snd with and without calls we didn’t do much. Truth
Nail on the head!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Niners went to 4 NFCC games and 1 SB since we won our last one. It looks like they'll be going to the NFCC game and maybe even the SB before us again. It's sickening.

And just a few years ago, they were rolling out Kap and a bunch of other losers and one of the worst teams in the league. And now look. Look how fast other teams have turned around. Meanwhile, Jason has been here almost 10 years as a HC and he has 2 measly wild card wins to his name.

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly. Appreciate the reply. “IF” we had Lawrence, Irving and Gregory maybe to compare to their version of Strahan, Tuck and Osi and then JPP, Tuck and Osi.

Although some would debate you that Lawrence, Bennett and Quinn are just as credible. This stance may have some credibility. I think in the Giants case in both years their formidable trios got hot just at the right time too. During the playoffs. I still remember 2011 when the Giants beat the Jets in the reg season at the end of the year and as I was watching I was like “Uh oh, their pass rush looks like it did in ‘O7.”

Kind of that gut feeling when you watched Atlanta not convert that third down after Julios great sideline catch. You’re like “my gut tells me Brady is fixing to start the comeback now.”

Watershed moments and capitalizing on opportunities, Getting hot at the end of the year...

Just seems like 2 foreign concepts for this team to grasp much less perform.
Possibly, but our DL is incomplete. Need depth and talent.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Niners went to 4 NFCC games and 1 SB since we won our last one. It looks like they'll be going to the NFCC game and maybe even the SB before us again. It's sickening.
Yeah....this makes me sick....since we last won a divisional round playoff game (Jan 1996), the e-girls have won 6 divisional round playoff games, 2 NFC championships and a SB. The midgets have won 3 divisional round games 3 NFC championships and 2 SBs.

So since our last divisional round win in ‘96, our two biggest division rivals have collectively won 9 divisional round games, 5 NFC championships and 3 SBs. In that same period, in this era of parity, we have won zero.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Yeah....this makes me sick....since we last won a divisional round playoff game (Jan 1996), the e-girls have won 6 divisional round playoff games, 2 NFC championships and a SB. The midgets have won 3 divisional round games 3 NFC championships and 2 SBs.

So since our last divisional round win in ‘96, our two biggest division rivals have collectively won 9 divisional round games, 5 NFC championships and 3 SBs. In that same period, in this era of parity, we have won zero.

Wow, the facts hurt, Bob. Sheesh!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
As I told someone today, even if we run the table, Garrett still needs to go. Anything short of a SB appearance he has to go. Running the table to finish 10-6 means nothing. What prevents this type of season from happening again next year?

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I wish they would hurt our stupidly stubborn owner.

They do. Yes, he's rich, but he's a competitor, and his days are numbered. JJ could fire coaches every 2 or 3 seasons like the Skins, but he knows that's no real recipe for success either. Regime change can be a challenge. He was patient with Garrett, but now, he can't avoid the obvious....Garrett and the entire coaching staff needs to go. It's time to clean house.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Jerry’s massive ego in not admitting he was wrong about Garett has wasted the best rosters we’ve had since the 90s run.
Cowboys literally have 9 or 10 players that have been pro bowl caliber within the last 2 years (that's like half the starting roster).

What a complete waste of talent and what a complete joke

MikeT22

Reaction score
Since we won our last Super Bowl twenty three years ago, 12 different NFL teams have won the last 23 SBs, 10 of the 16 NFC teams have won the last 23 NFC championships, and 13 of the 16 NFC teams have won at least divisional playoff games. None of them is named Dallas.

Only the skins and the lions join us in not playing in an NFC championship game since then.

That kind of playoff drought in this era of NFL parity is not bad luck. It’s not the NFL “cheating us”. It’s just bad football management, a bad culture, and maybe even some bad karma. That’s what this pig headed owner has done to this once great franchise. Anyone else remember when we were what the patriots are now?

It’s not bad luck that has tarnished the star. It’s bad leadership at the top.

Yep. It's all been about Jerry's ego. He'd rather be in control and lose than risk winning with someone else getting the credit. That's why we've had a string of Chan's, Campo's, Wade's and Garrett's. Parcells was the only outlier only because Jerry was desperate for a quick fix in order to get support for the new stadium. After that he was back to the lackluster yes men.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What many of you fail to consider is the fact that, Yes, Dallas is THE revenue generating juggernaut ... but not necessarily because people want to see them win ... there are millions who watch the Cowboys to see them lose and humiliated. More money in that than letting it play out even.
Of course but their relevance is pertinent to their large viewership. If they were 1-10 there wouldn’t be as much interest.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
True. But it’s this owner that is the biggest problem.

With his nose in coaches meetings, holding post game press conferences in the locker room, undermining his HC by making public statements about player discipline before discussing it with him, and making himself the face of this franchise for nearly 25 years, Jerry Jones is primarily responsible for this culture.

Yes the head coach is terrible, but Jerry is the one continuing his employment. Yes we have better talent than the record but isn’t the person at the top who constantly crows that he’s responsible for everything from jocks and socks to hot dog buns the one most culpable for this entire near quarter century drought? Yes he is.

How is that even a valid point? Jerry hires Garrett and won’t fire him. Of course he is the bigger problem.

Jerry isnt going anywhere.

If Jerry went out and hired a competent coach to run his talent, we would have much more success.

Used to be able to say Jerry sucked at drafting. He fixed that issue with Mclay. Used to be able to say Jerry got fleeced in trades. Not lately. Used to be able to say Jerry bumbled free agency.

The one huge problem looming still is Garrett and continuing to hire idiots to coach.