This OL Is Shaping Up To Be The Best Since The 90's

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
When you say “manhandling abilities” you’re talking about manhandling Daron Payne and Jonathan Allen, right? Doing it while learning to play center in the NFL in his first year in the league. Oh, and he played guard in college in the Big 12. Yeah. He’ll be manhandling veteran NFL defensive tackles. I’m sure of it. Makes sense. How difficult can it be to learn to play center effectively in the NFL. Can’t be that hard. Especially if you can manhandle NFL d-linemen.
Fair enough, well Hoffman'll get the job.....good luck Dak, get those legs working, you'll be getting flushed out regularly.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This OL Is Shaping Up To Be The Best Since The 90's.Cowboys. Madden Would Be Proud.. "Boom"

Projected 2024 offensive line now looks like this: Tyler Guyton at left tackle, Tyler Smith at left guard, Cooper "The Keg" Beebe at center, Zack Martin at right guard and Terence Steele at right tackle. That's a front five that has as much upside as any in the entire NFL Going Forward..

This has Jimmy Johnson Written All Over It..

Great Wall of Dallas" line of the early-to-mid '90s as the most dominant in franchise history. The 1995 Super Bowl front boasted Hall of Fame guard Larry Allen, left tackle Mark Tuinei, guard Nate Newton and center Ray Donaldson.

Guys,We Need a Name For This OL
1. Boom Of Explosion
Serioously i dont see the handwriting of Jimmy here. Jimmy of course build a great OL, but he did not invest a lot of resources. He rather implemented a great program to bring players along. And it seems that he had great scouts.

For example, in 1992 our OL/our initial investements was/were:

LT: Mark Tunei, undrafted free agent
LG Nate Newton: undrafted free agent, signed by DC as a FA for backup role
C: Mark Stepnoiski, drafted 3rd round, pick no 57
RG: John Gesek, drafted 10th round 265 overall, aquired by DC via trade for a 5th round pick on 3.Sept.1990, didnt start until 5th game of 1990
RT: Erik Williams, 1991 drafted 3rd round, pick 70 overall

So not one player picked higher than 3rd round, no. 57.

This FO now had to invest 3 first round picks to give us a line were we can hope that it will be a good one.
And this is not the first time. Since the Garrett era we invested high draft picks on a constant basis to build a competitive OL.

Thats just bad drafting and an ridiculous spending of draft resources. Sorry for the reality check.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
We have the talent now to be a top OL, the rooks need to integrate quickly and maybe we can have some sort of running game this season.
I'm hesitant on agreeing. I read the Eagles were really high on Guyton as a project to be an eventual RT not a starting LT. But Dallas has a long history of nailing their first round picks.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
This is all you need to know. Ron Stone was a backup on the Great Wall who could not break the starting lineup. The Giants signed him for millions to help anchor their line for years.

All I’ve ever heard about Guyton is he’s a project with potential and Zack Martin isn’t getting any younger.

To compare this group with the ‘90’s is laughable.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We called the 90s offensive line “the best” AFTER they accomplished something. NOT before.

I like how our OL is coming together. But if we’re honest about it, it’s just based on what we see on paper and what we all hope for. As Parcells famously said, let’s hold off with the anointing oil until they’ve actually done something.