This OL Is Shaping Up To Be The Best Since The 90's

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Everything i read about Guyton is that Lane Johnson loves him but needed time to develop into a RT and he's starting at LT?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This offensive line will be average. You disrespect the 90's wall by lumping these guys together.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
This OL Is Shaping Up To Be The Best Since The 90's.Cowboys. Madden Would Be Proud.. "Boom"

Projected 2024 offensive line now looks like this: Tyler Guyton at left tackle, Tyler Smith at left guard, Cooper "The Keg" Beebe at center, Zack Martin at right guard and Terence Steele at right tackle. That's a front five that has as much upside as any in the entire NFL Going Forward..

This has Jimmy Johnson Written All Over It..

Great Wall of Dallas" line of the early-to-mid '90s as the most dominant in franchise history. The 1995 Super Bowl front boasted Hall of Fame guard Larry Allen, left tackle Mark Tuinei, guard Nate Newton and center Ray Donaldson.

Guys,We Need a Name For This OL
1. Boom Of Explosion
I like your positivity gives off good vibes, well done.

coult44

Reaction score
This OL Is Shaping Up To Be The Best Since The 90's.Cowboys. Madden Would Be Proud.. "Boom"

Projected 2024 offensive line now looks like this: Tyler Guyton at left tackle, Tyler Smith at left guard, Cooper "The Keg" Beebe at center, Zack Martin at right guard and Terence Steele at right tackle. That's a front five that has as much upside as any in the entire NFL Going Forward..

Great Wall of Dallas" line of the early-to-mid '90s as the most dominant in franchise history. The 1995 Super Bowl front boasted Hall of Fame guard Larry Allen, left tackle Mark Tuinei, guard Nate Newton and center Ray Donaldson.

1. Boom Of Explosion
It’s two rookies. You have zero idea what it will be.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Potential is at an all time high. Steele was average last year and has been average his entire career in Dallas, IMO.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
it would be great if big Nate panned out. been a while.
Yeah, I'm not expecting much from a late-round pick, but some of these players end up being late-round picks because there's doubt that they can succeed at one position but reason to believe they can at another. I think his size is 6-5, 322, so that's not so tall it would affect his ability to play guard. It's not bad at all.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I’m excited about Guyton and Beebe. I think the future can be bright on the OL with those two and Tyler smith who is still very young.

But slow your roll playa. The rookies haven’t even put on a cowboys helmet yet.
True, but it won't be long. And another strong addition to that OL will be Nate Thomas, OT / G.
They've said he's a road grader as a run blocker. I like the sound of that. He's a big strong guy.
In the short run he'll be great depth for the right side of the line, but eventually he'll be more than just depth.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

1. Boom Of Explosion
Tap the brakes! :rolleyes:

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
What the hell am I waking up to on this board this morning. I need to go back to bed and pretend this didn't happen

Creeper

Reaction score

1. Boom Of Explosion
Post draft euphoria leads to jumping the gun. See it every year.

blueblood70

Reaction score

1. Boom Of Explosion
since the 90s did you forget like between 2013 and 2016 that was one of the best lines we've ever had period I I know the 90s cause our memories say they were great but let's not get ahead of ourselves let's stay in recent history that one they built for Tony Romo even though he didn't get the last with it very long was one of the best ones we've ever had.... I mean do you need proof look at DeMarco Murray's season the best in Cowboys history look at Ezekiel Elliott rookie year the best ever by a cowboy 5th best all time by a rookie... So we haven't been running trash out there but yes right now it needs a revamp and it's nice that at least has some potential but let's not get ahead of ourselves right now it's just potential..

LysleE

Reaction score
Geez…let’s put away the anointing oil until they get some playing time against quality NFL competition.
This team has always had potential…but seems to never lived up to it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Geez…let’s put away the anointing oil until they get some playing time against quality NFL competition.
This team has always had potential…but seems to never lived up to it.
Whilst youre right about over-hyping, it's also fair to look at the improvement (over the last couple of years) and optimistic potential this group gives.

Lets be honest we're years away from LG being manned by the lightweight "False-start - Holding....52/66". Steele's improvement as the season went on (fanbases need to learn that Peterson's ACL recovery is the outlier, not the norm) and then the "big addition by subtraction" moving on from Biadazs who whilst a serviceable Center, isnt a positive factor in the run game.

If nothing else, Guyton, with his ability in the second level, BeeBe's manhandling abilities and Steele another 8 months post surgery will certainly help the running game.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1. Boom Of Explosion
Needs to prove it before nics apply.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
The OL has the potential to put us in a good spot for a while into the future, but I keep reading how the OL is going to be so much more dominant this year and may even help cover up a RB by committee approach. I don't see how that happens:

Tyron to Guyton - We will have hit a home run if Guyton can come and give us similar play as Tyron did last year, might have a little more availability but Tyron played well last year.

T. Smith to Should get similar play.

Tyler Biadasz to Beebe - Biadasz did have issue with power at times but was a solid C, but you have a rookie coming in playing a new position, he will be better long term but exponentially better this year, hope is by the end of the year?

Martin - Father time is catching up.

Steele - Hopefully better health leads to better play.

Bottom line I think we have re-tooled with youth and they have the chance to be a very good OL into the future but I have a hard time believing exponentially better this year. You better be finding a RB.