CFZ This one is primarily on Jerry

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Did the players stink? Yes! Do I believe we would have had a different outcome if we needed to win to get in? Yes!

That being said, when Jerry said he wanted a home playoff game...the decision to play our starters had already been made. After Jerry said that on his radio show...the Giants announced they were playing their THIRD STRING QB!!! And resting other starters. We should have taken that intel and pivoted. But, what Jerry wants, Jerry gets. I know that is not breaking news, but it is maddening!!!!!!!!!

I was at the game. Sat behind the Cowboys bench. We had no business putting key contributors on that field yesterday. They did not want to be out there. And that is a surefire way to getting injured. FedEx field is a playing surface that is not well maintained. Neither team really had anything to play for. I think that performance did way more harm than good. They could have least ended it with some momentum with that TD drive that ended the 1st half, but I was so disgusted when they trotted our starters back out after halftime, I left the game.

If they do not win next week....this core will be broken up. The QB will be safe because of his contract, but Mike McCarthy, Kellen Moore, Dan Quinn, DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyron Smith or Ezekiel Elliot....one of them...if not more....will not survive a loss next week. Nor should they. But unfortuanaley....the real shake up should take place with the Owner/GM...but since that will not happen...others will be sacrificed. Again, I am not against a shake up if we lose next week, but we lost yesterday's game before it even started. And the main offender was the owner/GM!!!!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Did the players stink? Yes! Do I believe we would have had a different outcome if we needed to win to get in? Yes!

That being said, when Jerry said he wanted a home playoff game...the decision to play our starters had already been made. After Jerry said that on his radio show...the Giants announced they were playing their THIRD STRING QB!!! And resting other starters. We should have taken that intel and pivoted. But, what Jerry wants, Jerry gets. I know that is not breaking news, but it is maddening!!!!!!!!!

I was at the game. Sat behind the Cowboys bench. We had no business putting key contributors on that field yesterday. They did not want to be out there. And that is a surefire way to getting injured. FedEx field is a playing surface that is not well maintained. Neither team really had anything to play for. I think that performance did way more harm than good. They could have least ended it with some momentum with that TD drive that ended the 1st half, but I was so disgusted when they trotted our starters back out after halftime, I left the game.

If they do not win next week....this core will be broken up. The QB will be safe because of his contract, but Mike McCarthy, Kellen Moore, Dan Quinn, DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyron Smith or Ezekiel Elliot....one of them...if not more....will not survive a loss next week. Nor should they. But unfortuanaley....the real shake up should take place with the Owner/GM...but since that will not happen...others will be sacrificed. Again, I am not against a shake up if we lose next week, but we lost yesterday's game before it even started. And the main offender was the owner/GM!!!!!!!

So Jerry should make the game plan? Yes Jerry wanted to win the East so did McCarthy so did most Cowboy fans. lol So now Jerry should be calling who plays and who sits? lol give it rest.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
So Jerry should make the game plan? Yes Jerry wanted to win the East so did McCarthy so did most Cowboy fans. lol So now Jerry should be calling who plays and who sits? lol give it rest.
The Giants were NOT winning that game. If the Giants wanted to win that game...they would have played their starting QB....or at least their BACKUP QB. They did NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!

Jarntt

Reaction score
I love a good blame Jerry thread as much as the next guy, but this is a moronic thought. We damn sure should have played our starters with the division and a bye at stake, no matter how unlikely. Are you guys serious with this crap?

morat1959

Reaction score
The Giants were NOT winning that game. If the Giants wanted to win that game...they would have played their starting QB....or at least their BACKUP QB. They did NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!
The dead skins played a 3rd stringer so what’s your point?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I blame Jerry for alot but not this. THIS was lack of prep and coaching the right way during the week. The staff needs fired next week. We weren't ready.
That may be true, but will it be fair when Jerry blames the coaches after the playoff loss after the off-season they had?

It was as if they intentionally were taking this season off. Why? I couldn’t guess, but it’s pretty clear that the kid is extremely conservative and has about full control.

I don’t want them to pull a Rams. I truly don’t, but would it ruin everything to take a shot at a real FA DT or LB?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I love a good blame Jerry thread as much as the next guy, but this is a moronic thought. We damn sure should have played our starters with the division and a bye at stake, no matter how unlikely. Are you guys serious with this crap?
Present me with some evidence that the Giants wanted to beat the Eagles.

RS12

Reaction score
The jersey selling, money making, all sizzle and no steak, results dont matter culture of the last 27 years goes to one individual Too many fans write it off to everything but what it is. The black cloud in the owners box.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I blame Jerry for alot but not this. THIS was lack of prep and coaching the right way during the week. The staff needs fired next week. We weren't ready.
To be fair, I would have not done much game-planning for Washington either .

But, I should have been able to do better than that without game-planning for them.

Dropped punt and punt return and pick six were just in-excusable!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike will walk away after the year. I see it coming. He will site stress, health and family. DQ will walk. KM might take a HC gig in College. It will be the trifecta.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Still its the NFL....Philly only won by 6. Could you imagine the meltdown on here if the Giants actually won that game and the Cowboys had sat all their starters?

Even if the Cowboys sat players yesterday and then came out slow against Tampa the meltdown would have happened and this entire board would want everyone fired for being too soft and letting guys rest.

Reality is it's a no win situation, and to be honest it made for a bad week of football. This is something the competition committee needs to look into. There is always a lot on the line for teams the final week, and to see teams sitting starters in games that impact other teams isnt good. Not for the league and not for the fans. Not saying I blame teams for doing it.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I blame Jerry for Ridgeway and Suh. Those two guys could help against the run. Also blame Jerry for not really getting a better receiver in the draft. That guy they drafted is a JOKE. And that's on genius McClay :facepalm:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The dead skins played a 3rd stringer so what’s your point?
They played a 3rd stringer because the OUTCOME was not important to them....same with the Giants, they played a 3rd stringer because the outcome was not important to them. Which is why I said the Giants had no interest in winning that game. So knowing that, there was no upside in playing our starters 4 quarters in a meaningless game. Cooper Rush has shown he can win games in this league....we would have played a much more competitve game if Cooper Rush had played yesterday.

And NO...Cooper Rush is NOT better than Dak, Dak is our best chance at QB to make a run in the playoffs...and he (along with others) should not have been put at risk yesterday.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The decision was bad...but the play and coaching was awful. So blame goes from the top to the bottom.

I would have not played my starters and I would have told my backups you better not lose to the Deadksins with a 3rd string back up QB. Every game is an NFL audition and your audition needs to be great.

But that was not done and you saw a ill prepared, uninspired performance by a team that look like they did not want to play and had nothing to play for a win.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I blame Jerry for Ridgeway and Suh. Those two guys could help against the run. Also blame Jerry for not really getting a better receiver in the draft. That guy they drafted is a JOKE. And that's on genius McClay :facepalm:
McClay is allowed to have some stinkers in my book because he's otherwise successful.

Don't understand why Ridgeway and Suh couldn't have been on this squad.

Darkhound

Reaction score
I wonder how much other teams talk about their GMs and Owners as we do... that init self is one of the main problems