This Season Is Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't the Giants who had a great defense, and got healthy in the stretch. This is the Cowboys. I hate to ruin the optimistic crowd here, but there's no Superbowl in this teams near future.

So now, what? What do we need to head in the right direction? Trades, off-season acquirement, cuts, and the like. What are your expectations moving forward, or are you still full of Jerry hype, and believe that we can still pull it off? Discuss.
With the defense playing the way it has, I think we all knew long before now that this team wasn't winning the super bowl this season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why he's a back-up. :lmao2:
he maynot be beter then Dak but the gaps not that large and we get to see that over 11 games and revisit the deabte..

i can tell you this AD is better then any qb Washington is running out, better then NYG Jones, and im betting an argument can be made wentz vs dalton..

hes backup that was a starter, doesnt mean he can succeed..

not happy daks hurt by any means but this finally will settle a lot of debates on dak if AD has any sucess looks very clos eto a Dak, well a lot of eyes will open on the pay dak vs dont pay dak debaters..

we have 11 full games to compare and for me not looking for 400yard games those arent a true measure of qb its Wins, and keeping Tos to nearly zero and simply doing whatever's needed to succeed. Its game to game things

this is blessing in disguise for one reason Kellen Moore will be forced to call tighter game as he will have less confidence in AD especially not being as mobile and not sling it around 50times a game which was NOT working..

i want to see more zeke, pollard and run game designed with using Lamb and creativity to move the ball on the ground..this will help TOP which will hep the defense..

Ren

Reaction score
We play in the NFCE so nothing is over

This D would look a lot better if we could get Lee and LVE back, Lawrence looks like he’s starting to get healthy so there’s a chance they can improve to just mediocre by the end of the year.

Offense I am not to optimistic about losing your top 2 OTs is a big deal, loosing your QB even bigger. I don’t believe in Dalton behind this OL at all

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have never understood the quit mentality especially early in a season. You can look to last season where Tenn got off to a 2-4 start but in the end they were battling KC in the AFC Championship game. I'm not suggesting that Dallas will be playing in the NFC Championship what I am suggesting is you will never know what could have happened when you just quit. I'm sure when sitting at 2-4 last year Tenn fans where not thinking AFC championship and likely many took the same mentality of trading players wanting the team to tank to get draft picks but instead their team kept fighting and put themselves in a situation to challenge for the SB. All I ask of this team right now is keep working and keep fighting.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I have never understood the quit mentality especially early in a season. You can look to last season where Tenn got off to a 2-4 start but in the end they were battling KC in the AFC Championship game. I'm not suggesting that Dallas will be playing in the NFC Championship what I am suggesting is you will never know what could have happened when you just quit. I'm sure when sitting at 2-4 last year Tenn fans where not thinking AFC championship and likely many took the same mentality of trading players wanting the team to tank to get draft picks but instead their team kept fighting and put themselves in a situation to challenge for the SB. All I ask of this team right now is keep working and keep fighting.
They had a complete team, just needed a QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

They were a 2-4 team and playing poorly. Again I don't accept quitting, I can deal with a loss I don't like quitters. I have no doubt we have some fans who will quit and likely that is not just as a sports fan but in other areas anytime they face adversity, I don't and have never believed in quitting or giving up. I don't know what the end result will be by fighting but I do know the end result of quitting

blueblood70

Reaction score
they brought in a failure from another team , im sure fans were still thinking RT was not the answer..they were wrong like these fans here constantly questioning moves before the full season is played.. we dont need just TN as an example we were 3-5 as were the colts in 2018 and both made the playoffs that year.. it can be turned around..will it who knows thats why judgments should be made after 16games not 4..heck these fans wanted coaches fried and heads rolled after game 1 lmao.

aria

Reaction score
Wow, you think we'll get to the 2nd round of the playoffs? Sweet. Seriously that sounds like a decent ultimately disappointing season. Might be a fun ride though. Hey at least you gotta be curious to see what Dalton can do.
Not likely but possible, we barely lost to other teams we may see in the first round (Seattle, Rams).

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Season isn't over, but with the defense and all the injuries Super Bowl seems unlikely. However, just have to win the divison and get in for a chance.

Awuzie, LVE, and Lee will all be back soon. Not that they alone will save the season, but between them amd cutting down on defensive miscommunications the defense can get better.

aria

Reaction score
Yes, being an eternal optimist is SO much worse than being an eternal pessimist. The people around me are just devastated that I have a positive outlook. Many have mentioned that it's contagious. We don't want that in our society.

If it's so bad and if you're so certain it won't improve, why do you continue to support an organization you view with disdain?

Oh, and my view of reality is in no way distorted. I just don't tie my every emotion to the outcome of a football game or the length of time it has been since my team has won a SB. You'll now say, 'Neither do I', but you do. That's what makes it sad for the people who have to be around you.
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn. Rainbows and unicorns champ, life is all rainbows and unicorns.

You sure seem to know me quite well, have we met? After all you know exactly what I think along with the people who have to be around me. I feel bad for the poor *******s I’m meeting with in a couple hours for a few beers. They must be gluttons for mental punishment, I’m baffled of why they asked me to meet them.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still have nightmares about that game.
Mike Singletary probably broke a record for helmet to helmet hits in that game.

I think he did break an unofficial record for most helmets worn by a player in their career because he cracked multiple helmets per season.

He might have been the most intense player I've seen (Him or Randy White). Not the meanest but games were like a life or death contest to him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This isn't the Giants who had a great defense, and got healthy in the stretch. This is the Cowboys. I hate to ruin the optimistic crowd here, but there's no Superbowl in this teams near future.

So now, what? What do we need to head in the right direction? Trades, off-season acquirement, cuts, and the like. What are your expectations moving forward, or are you still full of Jerry hype, and believe that we can still pull it off? Discuss.
I am leaning towards the fact that this season is over. we have no chance at superbowl with this defense and its far more away from being an average defense than one player. everyone here is celebrating the defensive performance last week, having played agains the worst offense in the league....you expect dominance against 31st, or 32nd ranked offense. we didn't exactly dominate. nor close to it. we had a good, below average outing. we may win the division by default, because we may suck less than the other teams in the division, but this is a 1 and done team in the playoffs.

in fact, if we end up 2-6 or 3-5 by midway point. I would rather see Danucci play. let him learn. get hit. get some experience. and evaluate and get him ready to be a back up for next year. I don't care for Dalton one way or the other. he is proven he can't win in the playoffs and he is not the now or the future.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
I've been a fan since I was a wee lad of 7 in 1972. I've been through the good times and the bad. I've bled and breathed Cowboys football for years and years, nearly 5 decades.

But I had an epiphany several years ago when I realized that a loss made me feel terrible all week long. I now assume that the team will lose every game in blowout fashion.

Chargers 28, Cowboys 6 (Nov. 23, 2017) - meh.
Colts 23, Cowboys 0 (Dec. 16, 2018) - Expected
Pickle Juice game - OK, so that one hurt a bit. LOL

Now, any close loss is an "almost won" and any win is cause for celebration.

That comeback against Atlanta? GREAT!

Remember that game against the Bills on 10/08/2007? We never led for the entire 60 minutes, but won on a 53 yard FG that didn't go through the uprights until after the game clock reached 0:00. ABSOLUTELY ef-EN GLORIOUS.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike Singletary probably broke a record for helmet to helmet hits in that game.

I think he did break an unofficial record for most helmets worn by a player in their career because he cracked multiple helmets per season.

He might have been the most intense player I've seen (Him or Randy White). Not the meanest but games were like a life or death contest to him.

I would have to add Jack Lambert to that list, hated that dude but he was tough and intense

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

First, while I agree the odds are very long, I don't believe in just giving up. What's the point of athletic competition, even as a fan, if you do? Obviously there is some point where a team's record can get so bad it's insurmountable, but the Cowboys aren't there at this point, so for now the team just hast to keep trying to win. That's my expectation.

That said, if there comes a point the record is so bad that it's insurmountable, then …

1. The team should start working on player development - give DiNucci a few snaps when they can ... rotate Gallimore and McGovern into the games more, give Pollard an expanded role etc …,

2. If there is a trade possibility that makes sense and will help build for the future, they should consider it, even if it is a little difficult to let a player go. Cooper comes to mind - would hate to lose him, but in the long run we likely wont be able to keep Cooper, Gallup and Lamb together, so if a team needs an extra push at WR this year that might be a trade to consider.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have to add Jack Lambert to that list, hated that dude but he was tough and intense

Erik Williams was as intense as anybody but I would put him into another category because intense is really is not descriptive enough for him.

EW played in a state if rage that scared his own teammates which has been described in detail by Darren Woodson.

Status
Not open for further replies.