This should give you a laugh at Commanders expense...

sago1

Reaction score
Many of you probably know the Commanders traded their 3rd pick this year (06) & 4th pick in (07) to 49ers to sign WR Brandon Lloyd, a RFA. The following situation might change but here's where they at right now.

Commanders | Team has not reached a new deal with B. Lloyd
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:05:43 -0800
Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Commanders have not come to terms on a new contract with newly acquired WR Brandon Lloyd. Lloyd is under contract to play this season at his tendered salary of $1.57 million, but without a new deal would be a free agent at the end of the season.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ouch. Giving up all those draft picks only to lose him after a year. Now that would be friggin' hilarious.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
And he's probably not happy that they got Randle El.

Wouldn't that be funny if Lloyd wasn't on their roster but during the draft they would still be paying for him (4th rd)?:laugh2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If they gave Randel El 31 mil to eb the 3rd WR what would you expect as the starter?

The Skabs continue to amaze with bad decisions.
Why would you even make the trade without an agreement in place?

Woods

Reaction score
I'm sure ole' Danny Boy will reach into his bag of "Monopoly Money" and come up with another $5-10mm for Lloyd.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Woods said:
I'm sure ole' Danny Boy will reach into his bag of "Monopoly Money" and come up with another $5-10mm for Lloyd.
Thats his gamble.
He can't do it this year so he'll 'plan' to do it next year but who knows if the Skins even have a QB on the roster for next year yet. They are already in cap trouble for next year before it even begins. I am sure he could give them the same deal he did all these other guys he just restructured but giving long term guaranteed contracts is the stupidest move in professional sports and the main reason football has it better than other sports.

visionary

Reaction score
you guys are mistaken, wait until the skins fans show up today. this is all according to a plan and not signinig the contract is really the best thing for the skins. they already now that he will be a bust and they will have to cut him after this year. this way it's ONLY a 1 year contract and 2 picks in an obscure event, that no one takes part in anymore, called a draft.

see, told ya, it was all part of a master plan?

now i truly believe skins fans when they say that all these decisions are not being made by snyder but by gibbs because no one man is that smart.

that gibbs! he's crazy like a fox.

:bow:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Lets offer them a 7th for him...We CAN afford to pay him.

Woods

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Lets offer them a 7th for him...We CAN afford to pay him.

Ha ha. I was jokingly thinking the same thing. :laugh2:

burntricersx

Reaction score
I don't see what all the fuss is about...we all damn well know, Snyder will get him under contract. Portis had I believe 2 or 3 years left on his rookie deal and he still ended up getting a new contract.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
burntricersx said:
I don't see what all the fuss is about...we all damn well know, Snyder will get him under contract. Portis had I believe 2 or 3 years left on his rookie deal and he still ended up getting a new contract.

Sure, just cut Samuels next year then you can give Lloyd a huge contract !

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will get him under contract. They have time and time again shown they are not cheap when it comes to signing players.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Woods said:
Now that Tags is retiring, not going to happen.:)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Now that Tags is retiring, not going to happen.:)

Lol...Good point. They better hope Sonny Juerganson replaces Spags.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
They may wait till the season is on so as to lessen their CAP hit this year.
They still need some $$$ to signe whatever draft choices they have.
Do they have any?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
What would be funny is if Lloyd became the "team cancer" while T.O. tore up the league and behaved perfectly.

Oh, the irony.

Rich...........

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
After removing Ramsey, The skins were around 2.5 under the cap.. according to a post at ES. If thats true, they will have to contact some players and restructure their contracts to free up some money and that is prob the hold up right now.. they to negoiatate 4 contracts to sign one.. to me that is the defination of cap hell.. but don't tell that to a skins a fan.

Pooz

Reaction score
Woods said:
More like hiz bag of tricks:cool:

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
They will get him under contract. They have time and time again shown they are not cheap when it comes to signing players.

The Skins would have never made the trade if they didn't plan to sign him to an extension. He is already under contract for this year and so the team is under no pressure to sign him within 10 days of the trade.

He will be signed to a similar deal that Santana and Randle El have. Sorry to burst your bubble.