This should give you a laugh at Commanders expense...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
I'm so worried! It's obvious that Snyder and Gibbs have no idea what they're doing, especially with regards to the salary cap.

By the way - Coles, Moss, and Portis all signed extensions AFTER being traded to Washington.

I may be wrong, but isn't working out a contract with someone under contract by another team (i.e. before a trade) illegal?

Portis and Coles had contract parameters in place BEFORE they signed with the Skins. Moss did not and they are gambling Lloyd will be easy to get done.

Perhaps he will but maybe you noticed the 3 guys you listed all made big money.

Why would Lloyd not test his market value now?
He's gonna be on a better team with a good WR drawing coverage away from him.

Instead of thinking like a Commander just ask yourself why any player on any team would sign in the last year of their deal if they couldn't get a huge bonus out of it?

Kevin

Commanders Fan
Reaction score
This is a little worrysome, but seeing as the Salary Cap is going to go up another 7 million (I believe) at the end of next season, I'm sure they'll be able to work something out.

Especially if he's productive.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
You are not bursting my bubble.

I pretty much said they will sign him just as they have others.

Now you may burst some other posters bubbles, not mine.

Besides I am waiting for the right person who loves me before I let them burst my bubble.:p:
To easy...:laugh2: :D

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
Yeah, I bet he's furious that he won't be seeing much safety help!

:lmao:
And he won't be seeing alot of safety help. Not needed while he's on the bench.

Moss and Randle, IMO, are better than him. Only way he will see the field is on 3 WR sets and due to injury.

1fisher

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
I'm so worried! It's obvious that Snyder and Gibbs have no idea what they're doing, especially with regards to the salary cap.

By the way - Coles, Moss, and Portis all signed extensions AFTER being traded to Washington.

I may be wrong, but isn't working out a contract with someone under contract by another team (i.e. before a trade) illegal?

It's obvious that Snyder and Gibbs have no idea what they're doing, especially with regards to the salary cap.[/I]

NO superbowls and very few draft picks...... I'd say you are correct in that statement:laugh2:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
1fisher said:
It's obvious that Snyder and Gibbs have no idea what they're doing, especially with regards to the salary cap.[/I]

NO superbowls and very few draft picks...... I'd say you are correct in that statement:laugh2:

:lmao:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
1fisher said:
It's obvious that Snyder and Gibbs have no idea what they're doing, especially with regards to the salary cap.

not exactly accurate. gibbs has only been there 2 years compared to parcells 3. and he's already won more playoff games than the boys since snyder has bought the team.

i'd say gibbs and snyder are doing a pretty good job compared to parcells and jones.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
riggo said:
not exactly accurate. gibbs has only been there 2 years compared to parcells 3. and he's already won more playoff games than the boys since snyder has bought the team.

i'd say gibbs and snyder are doing a pretty good job compared to parcells and jones.

And what a impressive playoff victory it was.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
riggo said:
more impressive than dallas'. :confused:

c'mon. you can do better than that.

I don't have to, bragging about a win like that is the same as saying I have the least needs in my special needs class.

That was one pathetic game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
riggo said:

I will gladly grant you the 1 playoff victory to zero so long as you admit no right-minded individual would rather have the Skins current roster, cap situation and draft slots over the ones in Dallas.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:
I will gladly grant you the 1 playoff victory to zero so long as you admit no right-minded individual would rather have the Skins current roster, cap situation and draft slots over the ones in Dallas.

dallas' over the skins roster? give me a break. i'm not saying dallas has no players, but our QB outplayed yours last year, our RB... (ditto), WR - TO is great on the field- moss isn't exactly chopped liver and he's better off the field, our O line is also very good (yours wasnt last year- IF flo is healthy, dallas should be better than last year, at least). wittens nice, so it cooley at HB.

and, yes, i'll take our overall D over yours.

its a bit of a stretch to think that an objective person would look at your roster and think dallas is superior. not only that, but the scoreboard said otherwise last year. so did the final standings.

so i guess it was the coaching last year- not the players?

as far as the cap? its funny how teams that dont spend money brag about how much money they are saving......congrats.

the draft is a crapshoot. have fun with draft picks while the skins are playing experienced vets. gibbs likes vets. gibbs has won super bowls with them. i'll take gibbs philosophy over yours. call me crazy.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
riggo said:
its a bit of a stretch to think that an objective person would look at your roster and think dallas is superior. not only that, but the scoreboard said otherwise last year. so did the final standings.

Most people in the media have the Cowboys ahead of the Skins next season so your comments hold no water. Nothing new there then.

Reaction score
BAZ said:
Most people in the media have the Cowboys ahead of the Skins next season so your comments hold no water. Nothing new there then.

You do realize the media LOVES the Boys, right? You know how many press confrences they will show during the off-season on the NFL Network??? They had so many last year, I lost count. Buut thats ok. Also, please stop talking how the Skins will be in cap hell next year. Cause they weren't the past 5 years (like EVERYBODY) reports and the cap is going up by 7 million next year.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:
You do realize the media LOVES the Boys, right?

I bet you can't find 15 people round here that are Cowboy fans to agree with that. Still doesn't take away from the fact my point was people in the media were saying they are ahead of the Skins. Which disproves this point

its a bit of a stretch to think that an objective person would look at your roster and think dallas is superior

From a 100% completely objective Skins fan *ahem*

dreamshatterer said:
You know how many press confrences they will show during the off-season on the NFL Network??? They had so many last year, I lost count. Buut thats ok. Also, please stop talking how the Skins will be in cap hell next year. Cause they weren't the past 5 years (like EVERYBODY) reports and the cap is going up by 7 million next year.

Cap hell is a point if they have to go out of their way to restructure contracts , release players and find it hard to sign picks and FA's. I bet you don't bat a eyelid when someone says it about the Pats. You could say the Bronco's are in cap hell now because they are meant to be shopping their picks. Judging by the money thrown around this off season by the Skins 7 mil does not seem that much to be in the clear next season.

Reaction score
BAZ said:
I bet you can't find 15 people round here that are Cowboy fans to agree with that. Still doesn't take away from the fact my point was people in the media were saying they are ahead of the Skins. Which disproves this point.

Cap hell is a point if they have to go out of their way to restructure contracts , release players and find it hard to sign picks and FA's. I bet you don't bat a eyelid when someone says it about the Pats. You could say the Bronco's are in cap hell now because they are meant to be shopping their picks. Judging by the money thrown around this off season by the Skins 7 mil does not seem that much to be in the clear next season.

1. I don't need to find people to agree with me when its an obvious fact. At my job, the NFL Network is always on. This is why I have this opinion.

2. According to the media, cap hell is when you have to cut X amount of starters and have about 15-20 rookies on your 53 man roster. Skins have not been in that predicament....yet. Time will tell on this matter though.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:
1. I don't need to find people to agree with me when its an obvious fact. At my job, the NFL Network is always on. This is why I have this opinion.

2. According to the media, cap hell is when you have to cut X amount of starters and have about 15-20 rookies on your 53 man roster. Skins have not been in that predicament....yet. Time will tell on this matter though.

It's not a obvious fact. You sound like one of these people that say everybody in the press loves the Cowboys and boo hoo hate my team. A lot of people think they have bias against their them in the press. Are you only using NFL network as your only source of this opinion?

Commanders never have enough draft picks to come close to a sizeable amount of rookies on their team. 15-20 sounds like way to much by any standards.

Reaction score
BAZ said:
It's not a obvious fact. You sound like one of these people that say everybody in the press loves the Cowboys and boo hoo hate my team. A lot of people think they have bias against their them in the press. Are you only using NFL network as your only source of this opinion?

Commanders never have enough draft picks to come close to a sizeable amount of rookies on their team. 15-20 sounds like way to much by any standards.

I admit, I sound like one, but I can assure you, I'm not. Its not my only source for my opnion, but it is the majority. I saw at the least 10 press conferences for them in the off-season last year. Also, if I hated the Boys, I wouldn't be here. It's all about respect.

As for the 15-20 rookies, Lenny P. and a couple of others reported this number and it would mostly be undrafted rookies. I believe the Titans had this happen to them this past year.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:
I admit, I sound like one, but I can assure you, I'm not. Its not my only source for my opnion, but it is the majority. I saw at the least 10 press conferences for them in the off-season last year. Also, if I hated the Boys, I wouldn't be here. It's all about respect.

Press conferences are one thing but we are talking about a bias saying that the Cowboys roster is better the Skins. Just talking about a team doesn't mean you are talking well about a team.

Dear deluded Riggo's statement was " its a bit of a stretch to think that an objective person would look at your roster and think Dallas is superior" - to which I answered everything I have seen so far says the Cowboys have a better roster and shot at going further this year.

You think everybody in the media is bias for the Cowboys so of course they would say that.

Between the two of you, it has been stated that anybody with an objective opinion as long as they are not in the media would think the Skins have a better roster - have I got that straight?

dreamshatterer said:
As for the 15-20 rookies, Lenny P. and a couple of others reported this number and it would mostly be undrafted rookies. I believe the Titans had this happen to them this past year.

Looking at their roster they have a lot of people with 1 to 4 year of experience and they did jettison a lot of their good players in the last couple of seasons so you might have a point.

I think a lot of the "cap hell" saying gets thrown at the Skins because they seem to flirt near the cap and make players like Adam Archuleta the highest paid safety ever in the league - moves which make people scratch their heads.