This should give you a laugh at Commanders expense...

Reaction score
BAZ said:
Between the two of you, it has been stated that anybody with an objective opinion as long as they are not in the media would think the Skins have a better roster - have I got that straight?

Looking at their roster they have a lot of people with 1 to 4 year of experience and they did jettison a lot of their good players in the last couple of seasons so you might have a point.

I think a lot of the "cap hell" saying gets thrown at the Skins because they seem to flirt near the cap and make players like Adam Archuleta the highest paid safety ever in the league - moves which make people scratch their heads.

I get your point on the first issue. As for Adam A., I like the sigining. But the money made me scratch my head also.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:
I get your point on the first issue. As for Adam A., I like the sigining. But the money made me scratch my head also.

It's a good signing but I think everybody out there reckons they could of got him for a lot cheaper. The money seems a lot, then where you hear he's the highest paid ever it turns to disbelief.

Do you think they don't have high hopes for Taylor getting off scott free, so if he wasn't snapped up that fast there would be a big hole in the safety area?

Taylor & AA together are a very impressive set but dishing out money for one like that would mean you would have to pony up a decent amount for the other to keep him happy. When is his contract up?

Reaction score
BAZ said:
It's a good signing but I think everybody out there reckons they could of got him for a lot cheaper. The money seems a lot, then where you hear he's the highest paid ever it turns to disbelief.

Do you think they don't have high hopes for Taylor getting off scott free, so if he wasn't snapped up that fast there would be a big hole in the safety area?

Taylor & AA together are a very impressive set but dishing out money for one like that would mean you would have to pony up a decent amount for the other to keep him happy. When is his contract up?

I think its obvious that the Skins FO is worried about Taylor's case. Even though no evidence has shown up. You never trust a jury. So I think they looked at it like this. If he does go to jail, the Skins got one of the best free agent safeties that was available (can't think of anybody except Corey Chavous who I was hoping for) to replace Taylor. If he doesn't go to jail, they will have a very impressive secondary.

I think the contract was the standard Snyder 2006 contract. 6 years, 30 million.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
And he won't be seeing alot of safety help. Not needed while he's on the bench.

Moss and Randle, IMO, are better than him. Only way he will see the field is on 3 WR sets and due to injury.

Al Saunders employs alot of 3 WR sets. He will see the field a whole lot.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:
I will gladly grant you the 1 playoff victory to zero so long as you admit no right-minded individual would rather have the Skins current roster, cap situation and draft slots over the ones in Dallas.

We have two playoff victories since Snyder took over. In '99, the Skins beat the Lions in the wildcard before losing a close one to Tampa Bay.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
sago1 said:
Many of you probably know the Commanders traded their 3rd pick this year (06) & 4th pick in (07) to 49ers to sign WR Brandon Lloyd, a RFA. The following situation might change but here's where they at right now.

Commanders | Team has not reached a new deal with B. Lloyd
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:05:43 -0800
Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Commanders have not come to terms on a new contract with newly acquired WR Brandon Lloyd. Lloyd is under contract to play this season at his tendered salary of $1.57 million, but without a new deal would be a free agent at the end of the season.

This doesn't really give me any natural feeling but to think, is this the results of the retirement of Paul Taligbue?

Now that Paul has annouce his retirement it's more people looking into the issue of how the Commanders could really sign all of the big named free agents...

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:
I think the contract was the standard Snyder 2006 contract. 6 years, 30 million.

Taylor's cotract?