This should give you a laugh at Commanders expense...

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
Woods said:
I'm sure ole' Danny Boy will reach into his bag of "Monopoly Money" and come up with another $5-10mm for Lloyd.

LMAO...yeah makes one want to break out in a chorus of 'ole Danny Boy'...:laugh2:

clayman

Reaction score
If they sign him to the deal that Randel El got, it would actually save them room in this years cap...just ask Adam.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was reading something right after he first signed about the numbers floating around. I remember seeing something about 5.5m annually. So it should be interesting to see if he gets something in that range or more.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
What would be funny is if Lloyd became the "team cancer" while T.O. tore up the league and behaved perfectly.

Oh, the irony.

Rich...........
That would be funny.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsFan26 said:
The Skins would have never made the trade if they didn't plan to sign him to an extension. He is already under contract for this year and so the team is under no pressure to sign him within 10 days of the trade.

He will be signed to a similar deal that Santana and Randle El have. Sorry to burst your bubble.

You are not bursting my bubble.

I pretty much said they will sign him just as they have others.

Now you may burst some other posters bubbles, not mine.

Besides I am waiting for the right person who loves me before I let them burst my bubble.:p:

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
The Skins would have never made the trade if they didn't plan to sign him to an extension. He is already under contract for this year and so the team is under no pressure to sign him within 10 days of the trade.

He will be signed to a similar deal that Santana and Randle El have. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Wasn't TO under a contract too? Didn't stop him from acting up. Why do you think Lloyd woudln't do the same?

Personally, I'd be worried that some of your other talent doesn't go ballistic at some of the money lil danny is dishing out. How do you think Sean Taylor feels about being paid less than Archuleta? I can see him holding out big time until he gets a raise.............of course thats if he's not in jail.

conner01

Reaction score
they may be able to sign him as the season goes on. but they lost all their leverage to get a decent deal when they traded for him without a contract in place. it is really dumb to make that trade without a deal in place and it will end up costing more money if he has a good year, or loosing the playuer after the season. and if he has a bad year you've still lost the picks. i re4ally think danny boy just does'nt liked to be bug by all this draft stuff

TheHustler

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Many of you probably know the Commanders traded their 3rd pick this year (06) & 4th pick in (07) to 49ers to sign WR Brandon Lloyd, a RFA. The following situation might change but here's where they at right now.

Commanders | Team has not reached a new deal with B. Lloyd
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:05:43 -0800
Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Commanders have not come to terms on a new contract with newly acquired WR Brandon Lloyd. Lloyd is under contract to play this season at his tendered salary of $1.57 million, but without a new deal would be a free agent at the end of the season.

What kind of team doesn't get a deal done BEFORE a trade is completed?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDaddyShoo said:
It happened with John Abraham......

Well that is a funny thing isn't it.

I mean the Falcons and Abraham had a deal they would both like to sign but the Jets want to trade him to somewhere else instead.

BigDaddyShoo

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You didn't get Abraham.

:eek:
I never said we did. It's just that NY was trying to ship him off to Seattle even tho Atlanta already had a deal in place with his agent.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Happens all the time.

Lloyd signing a new deal shouldnt even really be a question. Happened with Coles, Moss, Portis, and now Lloyd. In other words nothing new.

As far as Abraham goes that is really a different situation. To trade Abraham to any team they would have to magically convince him to sign the franchise tag (to my understanding). Without him being signed he has a little leverage for the time being.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
What kind of team doesn't get a deal done BEFORE a trade is completed?

I'm so worried! It's obvious that Snyder and Gibbs have no idea what they're doing, especially with regards to the salary cap.

By the way - Coles, Moss, and Portis all signed extensions AFTER being traded to Washington.

I may be wrong, but isn't working out a contract with someone under contract by another team (i.e. before a trade) illegal?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsFan26 said:
I'm so worried! It's obvious that Snyder and Gibbs have no idea what they're doing, especially with regards to the salary cap.

By the way - Coles, Moss, and Portis all signed extensions AFTER being traded to Washington.

I may be wrong, but isn't working out a contract with someone under contract by another team (i.e. before a trade) illegal?

Many times a team will let a player and his agent discuss trades and deals with other teams.
The reason is a team may only trade for the player if they have a deal in place that both the player and team can agree on and then once that is in place they make the trade with the other team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
conner01 said:
they may be able to sign him as the season goes on. but they lost all their leverage to get a decent deal when they traded for him without a contract in place. it is really dumb to make that trade without a deal in place and it will end up costing more money if he has a good year, or loosing the playuer after the season. and if he has a bad year you've still lost the picks. i re4ally think danny boy just does'nt liked to be bug by all this draft stuff
dont try using common football sense w/ Commander fans, its like feeding the monkeys at the zoo.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You didn't get Abraham.

:eek:

Isn't that the guy that is up against attempted murder charges for trying to do in his son;)