This team can win without Zeke

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yea we got blown out when we played a good team but we were able to win when we played bad teams. Pretty much what would happen without Zeke.
That's what happened with Zeke.

A middle of the pack rushing back, teamed with a better receiving back than Zeke, along with the $12M+ of additional CAP space helps your team win exponentially more than just Zeke.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Not much more than Scrubs. They didn't do anything special. Put up a bunch of stats. They didn't take over games and the Cowboys weren't very successful when they had to. Now if you're talking about Murray than okay.

Same can be said for Zeke then. Puts up a bunch of stats, but inefficiently.

LittleD

Reaction score

Zeke, along with almost all RB's are overrated by teams and fans. Zeke and his production could be replaced and not that hard to do. The rule for most successful NFL teams is to never pay a RB a second contract.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Zeke, along with almost all RB's are overrated by teams and fans. Zeke and his production could be replaced and not that hard to do. The rule for most successful NFL teams is to never pay a RB a second contract.

We saw him be replaced by a combination of Morris and freaking Rod Smith in 2017, yet some claim it would be hard to replace this "generational talent". Makes no sense.

LittleD

Reaction score
We saw him be replaced by a combination of Morris and freaking Rod Smith in 2017, yet some claim it would be hard to replace this "generational talent". Makes no sense.

We already may have Zeke's replacement on this team and don't know it yet. You can overrate RB's but, you can't overrate outright speed.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Defense is young and talented

If you believe Dallas would lose to the Giants and Commanders if Zeke is unavailable....then you have no faith in this COACHING STAFF.

FTFY

Last edited:

sean10mm

Reaction score
You're also saying the front office hasn't built a good team with depth.

The Cowboys haven't had a deep roster in a generation. Any significant injury and the team always goes sideways.

WR and RB are top heavy as hell with hardly anything worth talking about behind Cooper and Zeke. I don't even see a TE on the roster I actually want starting NFL games in 2019.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Oline is stacked with talent

Amari Cooper is a threat defenses will need to double

Dak can do enough to get a W

New offensive scheme and creativity that can only help the offense

Defense is young and talented

If you believe Dallas would lose to the Giants and Commanders if Zeke is unavailable....then you have no faith in this team. You're also saying the front office hasn't built a good team with depth.

The success of the team shouldn't revolve around the availability of a starting running back.
I know someone has said this already but I did not see it.

I heard the same thing when Murray left. "anyone" can run behind this oline is all I heard. A big fat wrong. Murray left and our running game went in the crapper or should I say the "clapper". jk guys. Not tryng to make this a bash the coach thread.

Praxit

Reaction score
....watching cowboys run without Zeke last year a few times. Proved he's a special type of runner. He's not a rudimentary back. Zeke has knack for breaking tackles and getting open, he can make something happen.

...... Its like he has a built in 6th sense.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Except that he takes over games. Gets first downs when you need them. We actually beat contending teams when he rushes well. Other than that it's the same thing. But keep dreaming.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
2017 Dallas Cowboys without Zeke!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Teams

Atlanta 27 Dallas 7
Philadelphia 37 Dallas 9
The Chargers 28 Dallas 6

Bad teams or mediocre teams

Dallas 38 Washington 14
Dallas 30 NY Giants 10
Dallas 20 Oakland 17

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Except that he takes over games. Gets first downs when you need them. We actually beat contending teams when he rushes well. Other than that it's the same thing. But keep dreaming.

Lol where are your examples?
Zeke had a league average short yardage conversion rate. So yeah, BS.
We actually beat contending teams(the biggest contender we played all season) like the Saints when Zeke doesn't rush well.

But yeah, the same exact thing. As I've proven.

I will agree that when we play the real contenders like New Orleans, the Rams, or the Panthers before Cam's injury that Zeke doesn't really perform. I will give you that one.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
2017 Dallas Cowboys without Zeke!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Teams

Atlanta 27 Dallas 7
Philadelphia 37 Dallas 9
The Chargers 28 Dallas 6

Bad teams or mediocre teams

Dallas 38 Washington 14
Dallas 30 NY Giants 10
Dallas 20 Oakland 17

Had over 100 rushing yards in five of those 6 games LMAO. And that's despite our RBs having less carries total than Zeke averaged.

You can really tell when someone can't distinguish between different variables.
"We lost to the Falcons because we didnt have Zeke"
What about the 8 sacks that we gave up, where we had to sub Byron Bell in for Chaz Green because he was so bad?"
"IT WAS ZEKE!!"

Lmao

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Had over 100 rushing yards in five of those 6 games LMAO.

You can really tell when someone can't distinguish between different variables.
"We lost to the Falcons because we didnt have Zeke"
What about the 8 sacks that we gave up, where we had to sub Byron Bell in for Chaz Green because he was so bad?"
"IT WAS ZEKE!!"

Lmao
Anybody that has QC as a name should talk. lol Adios.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Anybody that has QC as a name should talk. lol Adios.

You just got embarrassed by somebody that has QC in their name. Adios little buddy

Just as a pointer, if the best thing you can come back with is something regarding their random username it's just best you not reply at all. It'll help you save some face.

Better luck next time!

kskboys

Reaction score
Other than Murray we haven't. I'm not just talking about yards. The RB has got to be able to move the chains. He needs to be able to take over the game if need be. I don't think we have another RB on the roster that can do that.
W/ Weber and Pollard, we MIGHT.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hope Moore can get more out of the passing game and if they do defense will not be able to focus as much on Zeke. Right now opponent come into the game with 1 main key to stopping Dallas and that is to focus on Zeke. If Dak and this offense can generate more in the passing game then those lanes will open up a lot more as teams can't key primarily on Zeke. Right now Zeke is key to the success and despite being the focal points has been able to lead the league in rushing 2 out of his 1st 3 seasons. Hell Emmitt at least had Troy and a deadly passing game to force defenses to honor.

kento40

Reaction score
Sure we can win without Zeke, just not consistently. We don't exactly have a QB that strikes fear into the hearts of defenders and then to talk about Zeke being overrated, what does this thread say about Dak? You would think he was the second coming of Brady.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys have never won a Super Bowl without a great RB.
Emmitt Smith
Tony Dorsett
Duane Thomas