This team lacks leadership

foofighters

Reaction score
Michael Irvin was the leader. You still see it in him today. We do not have an individual that could do thatb@nd then we are saddled a wallflower coach who thinks he’s an intellectual.
Yep, he even lead the team in, "Stabs teamate in the neck" category.

flosho

Reaction score
We lack an imaginative Offensive Coordinator and a competent Head Coach.

foofighters

Reaction score
Who's the leader of this team?

I saw JJ Watt getting in the defense's face after they allowed the Jets go down the field with a long drive and give up 3 points. Do we have a player who could do that for us? Either side of the ball.

I think over the years too many times Jerry has been the leader but that's no good.
Getting in someone's face isn't necessarily leadership. It might make you, the fan, feel better but there's a lot more to it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Young team and hopefully the core leadership will begin to emerge going into next season.

Haven't seen it from Dak.

Zeke plays his heart out which is a good start.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I saw JJ Watt getting in the defense's face after they allowed the Jets go down the field with a long drive and give up 3 points. Do we have a player who could do that for us? Either side of the ball.

I think over the years too many times Jerry has been the leader but that's no good.
was there lack of leadership against the saints? and Philly?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yep. Getting in someone's face and yelling doesn't make you a leader it just makes you a person getting in someone's face and yelling.

No

How do you know? Where was this ****** topic during the 5 game winning streak? I know where no where to be found. You post this bs after a loss. How convenient and unnecessary.

But, when Dez was shown "yelling" at his teammates on the sidelines he was called a distraction. So, which one is it? Also, someone in the locker room had to take a leadership role, after the loss to the Titans. Which was why the team was on a 5 game win streak.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I've never seen anything that looks like him being a leader.

What about the 4th quarter comebacks. No? Maybe not. I don't know. Now I am confused. You are probably right. I was just trying to find good quality in Dak. How do we fix the leadership issues? Without on-field leaders, games like Sunday will continue to happen.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What about the 4th quarter comebacks. No? Maybe not. I don't know. Now I am confused. You are probably right. I was just trying to find good quality in Dak. How do we fix the leadership issues? Without on-field leaders, games like Sunday will continue to happen.
I wouldn't consider comebacks a sign of leadership, unless the whole offense was playing like garbage and he inspired them to step up and win. Nothing I've seen would indicate that to be the case. It's usually him making fewer mistakes and being more willing to make the harder throws and run harder... IMO

He needs to be the offensive leader, but it's hard to do that when you're a big part of the problem.

gmb1

Reaction score
If the alpha isn't the best player then you have a problem. They're trying to make Zeke that guy but that's not his natural personality. And Amari is brand new on the team but he's not a alpha either. But hopefully Zeke can really grow into that role as quickly as possible because he's gonna have to be that guy for this team.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You saw this on national media. What an original take. :facepalm:

Cmac

Reaction score
Silly post. We have more leaders than most of the NFL.
We do? You out of there if you show emotion on the sideline. Passion is called cancer on the Dallas sideline. You must come to the sideline and await a pat on the rear for #$#$# up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We do? You out of there if you show emotion on the sideline. Passion is called cancer on the Dallas sideline. You must come to the sideline and await a pat on the rear for #$#$# up.

We see the hollering not the words coming out of the mouth. So called Passion can be a cancer depending on what that player is saying.