This team lacks leadership

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What?

You can't make a correlation between winning and leadership other than saying that great teams had great leaders. Well no kidding. But bad teams have great leaders too...
Agreed. I'd say Elway was a great leader. That didn't vary year to year.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
But bad teams don't have talent?

More talented teams don't lose to less talented teams?

Like I said, just stop
What are you talking about?

Bad teams don't have talent. That's what makes them bad. They aren't bad b/c they don't have good leaders lol

visionary

Reaction score
What are you talking about?

Bad teams don't have talent. That's what makes them bad. They aren't bad b/c they don't have good leaders lol

Yes, Jacksonville, Browns, Jets , Denver, Commanders etc
You know the worst teams
They don't have any talent

Gotcha

visionary

Reaction score
Agreed. I'd say Elway was a great leader. That didn't vary year to year.

Exactly
The guy played 16 seasons and win 2 SBs
I guess in the other 14 seasons he just was not talented?

See how ridiculous it is to try and make 1:1 correlations in a complex sport like football

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly
The guy played 16 seasons and win 2 SBs
I guess in the other 14 seasons he just was not talented?

See how ridiculous it is to try and make 1:1 correlations in a complex sport like football
I'm not sure if you're accusing me of something, or just making a blanket statement for all to read.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're accusing me of something, or just making a blanket statement for all to read.

Future has been arguing with me that leadership has NO ROLE to play in wins and losses in the NFL and it's ONLY talent

My position is that talent, coaching and leadership all play critical roles

He has been making the ridiculous statement that to show the importance of leadership one has to demonstrate a 1:1 relationship between leadership and wins/losses otherwise leadership is bogus

You copied and agreed with his post so I assumed you were agreeing with him

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Future has been arguing with me that leadership has NO ROLE to play in wins and losses in the NFL and it's ONLY talent

My position is that talent, coaching and leadership all play critical roles

He has been making the ridiculous statement that to show the importance of leadership one has to demonstrate a 1:1 relationship between leadership and wins/losses otherwise leadership is bogus

You copied and agreed with his post so I assumed you were agreeing with him
I agreed that bad teams can have bad leaders, which is why I cited Elway as an example. His leadership has always been there, but the talent around him wasn't.

As for the argument between you, I honestly haven't been paying attention to it, or taken sides.

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Who's the leader of this team?

I saw JJ Watt getting in the defense's face after they allowed the Jets go down the field with a long drive and give up 3 points. Do we have a player who could do that for us? Either side of the ball.

I think over the years too many times Jerry has been the leader but that's no good.
Its funny that we have been talking about how good of a leader Dak is the last 5 weeks and then we lose and now we do not have a leader lol. Over-reacting Cowboys fans are the best.

visionary

Reaction score
I agreed that bad teams can have bad leaders, with is why I cited Elway as an example. His leadership has always been there, but the talent around him wasn't.

As for the argument between you, I honestly haven't been paying attention to it, or taken sides.

Agree
Point is that talent matters but so does leadership