This team lacks leadership

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No
There is just not that much talent differential between teams in the FA era
And there is no differential in the standings either, because the relationship between leadership and winning is non-existent.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What teams win because of their leaders?

Did Seattle or Philly have leadership better than other teams? Does New England? Did Denver? No. They just had talent and executed their schemes. The only thing leadership can do is prevent the wheels from completely falling off. Every team has a couple of good captains, and they mean nothing in the W-L column.

Jason Witten and Sean Lee are two of the best leaders in the recent game. What exactly did that mean for this franchise? What about Larry Fitzgerald and Kyle Williams?

CB61

Reaction score
This team has lacked leaders on the field since Jimmy Johnson left

visionary

Reaction score
What teams win because of their leaders?

Did Seattle or Philly have leadership better than other teams? Does New England? Did Denver? No. They just had talent and executed their schemes. The only thing leadership can do is prevent the wheels from completely falling off. Every team has a couple of good captains, and they mean nothing in the W-L column.

Jason Witten and Sean Lee are two of the best leaders in the recent game. What exactly did that mean for this franchise? What about Larry Fitzgerald and Kyle Williams?

It's pretty clear we have a difference of opinion
I believe leadership is a critical element in sports, esp in a physical, grinding team sport like football
The dichotomy you are trying to assert is laughable on its face
Of course talent and coaching are important but so is leadership
If you don't think leaders like Irvin and Aikman and Brady and Peyton and Ray Lewis made a win loss difference to their team because of their leadership then that is your prerogative

superonyx

Reaction score
Who? I don't see even one. Dak? no Zeke? heck no, Jaylon? too young, not a leader personality. LVE too young. So who? Sean Lee is probably the closest but he's no Ray Lewis/Michael Irvin/JJ Watt type leader.

Just being a good player does NOT make you a leader.
Stop this nonsense.
A good leader is a person other willingly follow. Not some raving lunatic yelling in your face.
If you find your people are motivated by being yelled at an embarrassed on national tv in front of their friends and family then you have the wrong people.

These are grown men most are alpha types.

Just because you are angry and you are yelling doesnt make that leadership.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It's pretty clear we have a difference of opinion
I believe leadership is a critical element in sports, esp in a physical, grinding team sport like football
The dichotomy you are trying to assert is laughable on its face
Of course talent and coaching are important but so is leadership
If you don't think leaders like Irvin and Aikman and Brady and Peyton and Ray Lewis made a win loss difference to their team because of their leadership then that is your prerogative
So laughable that you can't make any correlation between leadership and winning, because for every Ray Lewis, there is a Larry Fitz.

I also was talking about in today's game. It mattered more 20 years ago.

visionary

Reaction score
So laughable that you can't make any correlation between leadership and winning, because for every Ray Lewis, there is a Larry Fitz.

I also was talking about in today's game. It mattered more 20 years ago.

Oh, so you're not saying "leadership doesn't matter in sports", you are saying "leadership does not matter in sports EXCEPT when I say, then it matters"

Just stop before you hurt yourself

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Oh, so you're not saying "leadership doesn't matter in sports", you are saying "leadership does not matter in sports EXCEPT when I say, then it matters"

Just stop before you hurt yourself
eyeroll

The game is different now than it was in 1993. If you want to use something from 25 years ago as your barometer, go nuts.

Please prove to me a correlation between winning and leadership, before you hurt yourself. B/c you know what those great Cowboys teams also had, a crap ton of talent. We aren't talking about Troy and Irvin as great leaders if they don't have the talent to win.

visionary

Reaction score
eyeroll

The game is different now than it was in 1993. If you want to use something from 25 years ago as your barometer, go nuts.

Please prove to me a correlation between winning and leadership, before you hurt yourself. B/c you know what those great Cowboys teams also had, a crap ton of talent. We aren't talking about Troy and Irvin as great leaders if they don't have the talent to win.

Perhaps you are having difficulty reading and understanding my posts because they are in English?

visionary

Reaction score
eyeroll

Perhaps you are having difficulty reading and understanding my posts because they are in English?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What?

You can't make a correlation between winning and leadership other than saying that great teams had great leaders. Well no kidding. But bad teams have great leaders too...

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Leaderships starts at the top and Jerry is a lot of things but great leader doesn't come to mind. So is it any wonder that his franchise is a reflection of him?

visionary

Reaction score
What?

You can't make a correlation between winning and leadership other than saying that great teams had great leaders. Well no kidding. But bad teams have great leaders too...

But bad teams don't have talent?

More talented teams don't lose to less talented teams?

Like I said, just stop