This Thread is not for the Squeamish!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Cowboys 2006 Schedule ...Tough or Easy -- you be the judge! But before we get started, let's get a few excuses out of the way ...

It's too early to predict...

Let's wait until the draft ...

If our play-makers remain healthy ...

If Bledsoe and TO perform to expectations ...

Just thought it would be interesting to dialogue about the 2006 schedule. Alright, now let's get down to some serious guesses (for fun only of course) ...

New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Commanders
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Arizona Cardinals
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

New York Giants ... split. Buress and Manning will obtain more connectivity this year and split. The Giants will be looking for a repeat playoff appearance, so they'll be tough to handle.

Philadelphia Eagles ... The Eagles have strengthened their OL and have added a solid receivers (WR/TE/RB), and an improved defensive lineup. They'll be looking to gain some respect back from all NFCE teams and will be fired up for the rematch. Probably Split -- cannot deny TO and an improvedoffensive lineup on the Dallas Cowboys. Cake-walk is over either way!

Washington Commanders ...I actually can't wait to see this one. Believe the Skins are "loaded" with talent. Depth could Be a problem. Believe Parcells will come out on all cylinders. Randle El, and Moss will put Cowboy CBs to work, but the answer rests with pressure on Brunell. Another split!

New Orleans Saints ... Here's where my bias starts, believe the NFCE is much stronger this year. Dallas should win convincingly.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers ...The Bucks are even matched and fully capable of causing some problems. If they grab the momentum, they'll pull a squeaker.

Detroit Lions ...Haven't heard much about the Lions so far. Should be a walk in the park for the Cowboys; but beware of the upset ...it's alive and always comes when unexpected!

Houston Texans ...Uncertain, but reading some of last years threads, the Texans are rapidly becoming an inner-Texas rival. They'll play you tough for pride if nothing else! Could be close, but I think Dallas will prevail in the end.

Indianapolis Colts ...Many believe the Colts were supposed to be in the Superbowl last year. That saud, I'm buying into the Colts coming back with a ferocious attitude. They'll smack you, but it won't be a blowout. If the COwboys can put together a strong offensive front, it could send out a statement to the AFC ...the NFC is the toughest it's been in years ...upset?

Atlanta Falcons ...Cowboys winner! I'm convinced! Vick just can't do it by himself.

Carolina Panthers ...The Panthers have become stronger in the NFC, and now they have KeShawn Johnson. He'll be Looking for some payback for being dropped. But it may not be enough. This One could go either way.

Arizona Cardinals ...Who said Edrin James was finished ...he could beat the Cowboys down if you're not prepared for their running game -- but I just don't think so. I'm buying a Cowboys win -- but I've been wrong before!

Jacksonville Jaguars ...This will be a dog fight, I'll leave this one up to you to decide.

Tennessee Titans ...NFC team stronger than past years; Dallas will surprise the Titans.

I hate to say it, but on paper, the Cowboys and the Skins could be the teams to beat this year.

What's your read ...;)

Gibbs II

Reaction score
I think that you will sweep the Giants. I dont know why, but I just have that feeling.

I think I am forced to say that the skins will sweep, but as we have seen in the past year, anything can happen. Watch out for Philly, they probably wont do much this year, but they will defintiely put up a fight in the NFC east.

With that, I see you guys going 3-3 in division. Could easily have been 4-2 or 2-4.

I think you guys will beat Carolina which will be big, but then the next week lose to a team like Houston. Because of some of the unpredictability of the team, I predict (yea it sounds odd), that you guys go another 9-7.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I won't make any excuses. I do think the draft will be more of a factor in telling the tale. But I'll leave that for another day.

Iam not so convinced the Commanders will perform up to last year's level. They were incredibly fortunate with injury. I don't think luck will be on their side again this year.

I also believe that while you were formulating your post, you may have forgotten that this will be DeMarcus Ware's second season. And this player is my odds on favorite to be in the Defensive MVP hunt.

I am concerned about center, safety, and DT for the Cowboys. DT and safety could be handled in the draft.

That would go a long way to solidifying the team, in my eyes.

Unless the Eagles get a stud at runningback and wide receiver, I am not convinced you have not seriously fallen back to the pack. I do not expect you to fill both slots this draft. And the fact that your front office is so stingy with money reveals why you didn't usesome of themillions to bring in a solid running back to begin with.

New York Giants ..W..L
Philadelphia Eagles..W..W
Washington Commanders..W..L
New Orleans Saints..W
Tampa Bay Buccaneers..W
Detroit Lions..W
Houston Texans..W
Indianapolis Colts..L
Atlanta Falcons..W
Carolina Panthers..L
Arizona Cardinals..W
Jacksonville Jaguars..L
Tennessee Titans..W

11-5. I think T.O. and Vandy bring two extra wins.

I also think the loss to the Skins is iffy. This team could be 12-5.

Pre-season homer glasses?

Maybe.

Health has a lot to do with this.

Opps, there I go with an excuse.

ghst187

Reaction score
I don't disagree too much.
I think our defense is going to be the big surprise next year. Ware, Spears, Ratliff, Canty, and Burnett will be in year 2 and Henry won't get injured. We've added Ayodele and we'll add a good OLB (Lawson) and FS. We could be a ferocious D next year.
Obviously our O will be much better. We'll be able to make FGs consistently. TO will add a new dimension. I expect our OL to be at least a little better. Combined with TO addition, we should be able to run the ball a whole lot better.
So in other words, we're probably going 16-0.
Ha just kidding.
I think we may have problems with the skins at Wash, at NYG, Atl, and Indy. No one else there worries me a whole lot. Sorry, but TO was the only thing that concerned me when we played your iggles. Even if you draft someone, I'm not convinced your WRs can get it done, not sold on your running game, and not sold that a healthy McNabb will get it done next year. I'm afraid he's on the decline and honestly, he looks a little out of shape, too heavy. I think your defense has started a big slide downward and your offseason so far has underwhelmed. Our division is going to be brutal and if you don't improve a LOT this offseason, you're asking to finish last in the division.
The NYG will sink or swim with (Wo)Manning next year. If teams watch the tape of their playoff game this past season, he'll keep a very good team from winning. I hear he was spending 100s of hours watching tape this offseason. He needed to. What he saw was himself sucking. If he pulls it together, NYG can be very good, if not....they'll sink.
I think Wash's biggest offseason acquisition was their O coordinator (and the retention of their D coordinator). I don't think they can recapture what they did last year though. Campbell is going to suck so if Brunnell can't find the magic again, they're in big trouble. Brunnell will however have more weapons.

My NFC playoff teams for next year:
Carolina
Dallas
Wash
Seattle (its the 49er syndrome, their division is a toilet)
Tampa
Minny/Chicago

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Philadelphia Eagles ... The Eagles have strengthened their OL and have added a solid receivers (WR/TE/RB), and an improved defensive lineup. They'll be looking to gain some respect back from all NFCE teams and will be fired up for the rematch. Probably Split -- cannot deny TO and an improvedoffensive lineup on the Dallas Cowboys. Cake-walk is over either way!

I'd like to ask how the Eagles have really improved in comparison to the rest of the division?

I think their cheap front-office is failing their fanbase and letting any Championship hopes slip away.

I honestly see them in the NFC East cellar.

Silverstar

Reaction score
We should have beat the Deadskins at home and the Seahags on the road last year, but we didn't because our FG kickers SUCKED...all three of them!!

Well, we definitely fixed that problem by signing Vanderjagt.

The Cowboys will get at least 10 wins this year.....BANK IT!

:starspin

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
I won't make any excuses. I do think the draft will be more of a factor in telling the tale. But I'll leave that for another day.

Iam not so convinced the Commanders will perform up to last year's level. They were incredibly fortunate with injury. I don't think luck will be on their side again this year.

I also believe that while you were formulating your post, you may have forgotten that this will be DeMarcus Ware's second season. And this player is my odds on favorite to be in the Defensive MVP hunt.

I am concerned about center, safety, and DT for the Cowboys. DT and safety could be handled in the draft.

That would go a long way to solidifying the team, in my eyes.

Unless the Eagles get a stud at runningback and wide receiver, I am not convinced you have not seriously fallen back to the pack. I do not expect you to fill both slots this draft. And the fact that your front office is so stingy with money reveals why you didn't usesome of themillions to bring in a solid running back to begin with.

New York Giants ..W..L
Philadelphia Eagles..W..W
Washington Commanders..W..L
New Orleans Saints..W
Tampa Bay Buccaneers..W
Detroit Lions..W
Houston Texans..W
Indianapolis Colts..L
Atlanta Falcons..W
Carolina Panthers..L
Arizona Cardinals..W
Jacksonville Jaguars..L
Tennessee Titans..W

11-5. I think T.O. and Vandy bring two extra wins.
That is about where I have us going as well. I agree with all of your picks outside of the division. Again what happens inside the division will tell the tail. We HAVE to have a winning record within the division.

SkinRamon

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Atlanta Falcons ...Cowboys winner! I'm convinced! Vick just can't do it by himself.
***? "Vick" can't do it by himself? Have you seen this guy when he's faced with a tough defense and the pressure's on? I do believe your defense annihilated him twice in the two playoff games you've had with each other, including the NFC Championship Game in 2004.

It should be more like "Warrick Dunn and the Falcons D" can't do it all by themselves, they need a real QB".

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
I think if you guys add a WR like C. Jackson then you'd have a pretty nice top two as Reggie Brown looks like a keeper, while Jabar Gaffney was a nice pickup for the 3rd/4th-WR role. Your OL is still solid with Runyan back in the fold. Howard was a nice pickup for DE and Garcia is a solid backup QB. Combine all that with a decent schedule and a 10-6 or 9-7 record for you guys isn't out of the question.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
AAHHRoyWilliamsIsAfterMe! said:
I think if you guys add a WR like C. Jackson then you'd have a pretty nice top two as Reggie Brown looks like a keeper, while Jabar Gaffney was a nice pickup for the 3rd/4th-WR role. Your OL is still solid with Runyan back in the fold. Howard was a nice pickup for DE and Garcia is a solid backup QB. Combine all that with a decent schedule and a 10-6 or 9-7 record for you guys isn't out of the question.

nothing you said there is the eagles getting any better IMO...jabar gaffney is just some guy, nothing special. howard will be an alright DE. and a backup QB makes no difference, especially garcia who was nothing special last year.

and they lost their best player...TO

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
nothing you said there is the eagles getting any better IMO...jabar gaffney is just some guy, nothing special. howard will be an alright DE. and a backup QB makes no difference, especially garcia who was nothing special last year.

and they lost their best player...TO

Well, TO only played 7 games last year for PHI anyway and Reggie Brown's development plus the addition of a nice rookie WR like Jackson could compensate to a degree for the loss of TO.

I didn't really say Gaffney would be anything spectacular, just that he's a nice pickup as a 3rd-4th depth WR. I'd rather have him as our 4th WR then Copper.

And I'd rather have Garcia than two extremely inexperienced backup QB's like Romo or Henson behind Bledsoe. DB goes down and we have to drastically simplify the offense for either of those guys. Better to be safe than sorry.

I'm not an Iggies fan by the way, just trying to be objective lol...

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
AAHHRoyWilliamsIsAfterMe! said:
I'm not an Iggies fan by the way, just trying to be objective lol...

You were being objective.. Future 585 was hating on an opponent fan; understandable to a certain degree.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Stasheroo, I mean you no disrespect. That said ...
stasheroo said:
I'd like to ask how the Eagles have really improved in comparison to the rest of the division?

The Eagles have upgraded! That's Merely a fact. Were you watching last season and do you know what our standing was? If you did, you'd Know that anything compared to last year would have been an improvement. Against the rest of the division ...remains to be seen. On papaer improvements versus on field improvements are two different things.

I think their cheap front-office is failing their fanbase and letting any Championship hopes slip away.

Perhaps; we'll see.

I honestly see them in the NFC East cellar

Means nothing ...I saw your team in the playoffs last year.:rolleyes:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Its hard to do one of these so early because there are holes to fill.
If we didn't have a kicker for instance that wold have been aocuple more losses.

We need an OLB and a FS and some OL depth.
That probably going to come in the draft tho I expect at least 1 more noteworthy FA signing with 11 mil in cap space to play with and some great bargains to be had.

Anyways. I can't ignore the drfat so will assume no more FS signees but add Bobby Carpenter and Daniel Bullocks. Both players are routinely discussed in or below the area where Dallas picks so no pie in the sky additions.

New York Giants W.L. A split makes sense. Dallas is the better team IMHO with special teams being the equalizer last year and that was pre-TO where NYG had the more explosive WR corps. If anything other than aplsit Dallas sweeps. 1.25 wins here.

Philadelphia Eagles W.L. Another split not based on talent but pure hatred. The Eags look like an 8 win team but beating Dallas has alway been their Super Bowl. 1.25 wins here as well because Philly is much less talented and TO will player harder than anybody.

Washington Commanders W.W. Wash is a solid team but also rely on Brunell at QB and lack depth. They kept Dallas out of the playoffs and Dallas will gear up for them. 1.25 wins here as well because Wash has the rivalry motivation and talent to steal one game.

New Orleans Saints W. Saints will be better this year but Dallas knows Payton's offensive gameplans and that is advantage to the talent. 1.00

Tampa Bay Buccaneers W. TB is trying to develop Chris Simms but teams will figure out how to pressure him and then its 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Small upset possiblity. Cadillac is not built to run 35 times up the middle against 9 man fronts. .75.

Detroit Lions W. They simply are overmatched in pure talent. 1.00

Houston Texans W. see above. 1.00

Indianapolis Colts L. Precision offense can be a bear but they lose Edge James and the 3-4 gives Manning huge fits. Still Indy can be hard to handle and I can see Dallas Clark having a big day. Vinatieri seals win with late FG. .25

Atlanta Falcons W. Vick creates unusual problems but new offense doesn't fit him well at all. Falcons do play defense and can run the ball though so small upset chance. .75

Carolina Panthers L. Dallas took it to Carolina last season at their place and frustrated Steve Smith. KJ can be the guy getting them first downs until Smith can break free of coverage. Panthers in a close game but Dallas will have a shot to win. .25

Arizona Cardinals W. Zona is talented at WR and RB so offense should go but Warner is always iffy based on health and the defense is largely horrid. 1.00

Jacksonville Jaguars L. Really strong defense can occasionally let down but has all the peices to get after QBs and shut down running games. Offense is sporadic as well but fnds ways to make plays. They won't be as good as Dallas on the season but could find a way to win this one as dallas sees other fish to fry and Jax buckles down for America's Team. .25

Tennessee Titans W. Another talent issue. Dallas wins. 1.00

That equates to 11 wins which to me sounds right. They'll win a game or so they were underdogs in and lose a game or so as favorites but in the end it'll even out to about 11 wins and a playoff spot.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I really hate the off season predictions. As we all have seen, things rarely stay the same in this leauge. I worry about our team on a daily basis.

1. lack of qb depth
2. lack of OL depth
3. FS?
4. Lack of WR depth
5. TO.....nuff said.

Other than all of that, I feel very confident that we go 10-6. :clubbed:

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I think the Eagles are going to start to go through what hopefully Dallas is just now coming out of...
I do think Mcnabb is one of the top 3 QBs in the game and I do believe he can win some games for the Eagles.
I think Howard is a very good player and can only help.
I still see the Eagles finishing last in the division but I do think they will be a
.500 club because I think the NFC east is by far from top to bottom the toughest division in the NFL....
With all the Eagles problems last year , I still think they had a winning record outside the division( Not positive but I know they at least played the rest of the NFL much better)....

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Dallas sweeps Eagles and giants , split with the Skins and finish 1st in division..

Dallas .....12-4
Commanders...10-6
Giants ......9-7
Eagles...... 8-8

DLCassidy

Reaction score
This division is going to be tough. I see 3-3 there also. Could come down to the Tampa game and the Carolina game if we want a shot at home field.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Houston Texans ...Uncertain, but reading some of last years threads, the Texans are rapidly becoming an inner-Texas rival. They'll play you tough for pride if nothing else! Could be close, but I think Dallas will prevail in the end.

Ah yes, the one game that I'm truly looking forward to watching this season. The Cowboys have had four years to think about this matchup since their embarrassing loss to them to start off the 2002 season. I remember it like it was yesterday and the DMN message board was thriving. Cowboy fans everywhere (myself included) were really high on our team at the time with everyone predicting a one-sided victory in favor of the 'Boys. Life couldn't have been any sweeter if you were a fan of Dallas...that is to say, up until the kickoff and then we were handed a rude awakening. The reality check was truly one bitter pill that was tough to swallow after that game had ended.

Having said that, this is the one game that I do expect the Cowboys to easily dominate. Even with the addition of a Reggie Bush (which I'm quite certain they are going to draft), their team still doesn't matchup well against our players on paper, and this time it will be our team with the home field advantage.

My confidence is so high on the Cowboys winning that I'd like to officially dub this game as the "Payback Bowl". Arrogance on my part? You bet it is! But if there was ever a time for the Cowboys to play like we expect them to play, NOW is that time. No more excuses any longer (at least not from me anyway).

Let's just hope that I'm not drinking from the same cup of kool-aid that I swallowed the last time when these two teams met. :eek: