This will start WWIII, but it needs to be said.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Bledsoe needs to be benched. His passes have been inaccurate and he is holding the ball too long. In todays scrimmage his team didnt move the ball at all on the first team D, then Romo came in vs. the 1st team D and moved his team into the end zone. Romo is quicker, more mobile, and more accurate. We will all see this in one week from tommorow.

JFlgn

Reaction score
wow, first live action the team has had and you're already benching the starting qb. If Romo is consistently better than Bledsoe, I'm sure he'll get the nod, but there's plenty of training camp left to decide who is better on a consistent basis. Let's let Parcells make that decision and not you.

Patience is a virtue my friend. I know it's hard cuz we're all so ready for football, but we still have to be patient b4 deciding what is best for our team at this point. We haven't even played our first preseason game. Wait a little bit before you start benching the incumbent starter.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Its too early to bench him, after we see a preseason game, we should be able to make a better formulation as to where Drew and Romo are at. I would hope Parcells wouldnt be afraid to start Romo in a preseason game to see what he looks like with the first team in a game situation.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
This has been going on for over a week, by all accounts. Romo and TO have hooked up numerous times, but for some reason, Bledsoe can't get the ball to him. Parcells will overlook that and play "his guy"

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeah.

Bledsoe is one of the most accomplished QBs in the NFL. He so should be benched because Romo had a good scrimmage.

Could it possibly be that some of the 2nd team OL is better than the first team? As of yesterday the first team ol included Petitti at LT, Columbo at RT, and the enigmatic Andre Gurode at C. The 2nd team had Petitti at RT, Johnson at C, and Adams at LT. That 2nd team unit sounds like it might have some of our better O-linemen.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
One week. One friggin week of camp. And we should bench the starting QB for a couple guys that have shown absolutely nothing. I love this site, but this kinda crap makes me want to stop coming here.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
TheKey said:
Bledsoe needs to be benched. His passes have been inaccurate and he is holding the ball too long. In todays scrimmage his team didnt move the ball at all on the first team D, then Romo came in vs. the 1st team D and moved his team into the end zone. Romo is quicker, more mobile, and more accurate. We will all see this in one week from tommorow.

Wow! I'm so glad that you have absolutely nothing to do with the Dallas Cowboys. A second string QB had a good day at practice and your ready to bench one of the all-time passing leaders in the game. Genuis. Truly genuis.

:lmao:

SS

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I say the Boyz should cut Bledsoe and bring in a vet backup for Romo...

:star:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wow you just took your entire bit of credibility and flushed it down the toilet.

Bench Bledsoe for a guy whos never shown anything in a game vs the guy who probably should've gone to the pro bowl last year.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TheKey said:

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

KingTuna

Reaction score
TheKey said:

WOW...I believe this might qualify as the biggest "meltdown" post I have ever seen in my nearly 2 year history with "the zone". (Although there have been some "GEMS")

I don't see the point in actually addressing these comments since they do not warrant a serious repsonse.

HOWEVER, I will just say that I HOPE that was the effect of heavy narcotics talking for "TheKey" and they will wear off by the morning.

IF not, then "Key" really stands to lose his "zone" cred with a post like that.

WarC

Reaction score
Bah, who knows, maybe TheKey is right.

Last year Bledsoe threw the second most interceptions in the league, behind Brett Favre.

Those are two elite names but both are north of 30 and on their way out.

Romo on the other hand is hitting the peak of the typical QB gestation period of 3-4 years. By all accounts he is outperforming Henson in TC, and Henson was one of the top QBs this year in NFL-E.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out Romo is a better QB at this point than Bledsoe.

May Bledsoe prove me horribly wrong!

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
TheKey said:

By saying that this thread will start WWIII I think you vastly overestimate the degree to which people take what you have to say seriously

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
TheKey said:

Hey! That was my my line! You beat me to it!

I couldn't have said it any better!

I took ALOT of heat from some of you guys, but it's all good now!

Rock On, Romo!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
WarC said:
Bah, who knows, maybe TheKey is right.

Last year Bledsoe threw the second most interceptions in the league, behind Brett Favre.

Those are two elite names but both are north of 30 and on their way out.

Romo on the other hand is hitting the peak of the typical QB gestation period of 3-4 years. By all accounts he is outperforming Henson in TC, and Henson was one of the top QBs this year in NFL-E.

So, it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out Romo is a better QB at this point than Bledsoe.

May Bledsoe prove me horribly wrong!

I'll say this. There's more truth to his post than most people would probably want to admit, but bringing it out the first week of practice ain't the time. Give Bledsoe some time with this offense in the regular season before annointing a backup who has never started a regular season game as the man.

31hammer

Reaction score
theogt said:
One week. One friggin week of camp. And we should bench the starting QB for a couple guys that have shown absolutely nothing. I love this site, but this kinda crap makes me want to stop coming here.

True that. It's gotten to the point where I just glance over some threads and then get out.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bled could throw 16 picks this pre-season and he's still gonna start. Romo is a pipedream.