This will start WWIII, but it needs to be said.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Yeah.

Bledsoe is one of the most accomplished QBs in the NFL. He so should be benched because Romo had a good scrimmage.

Could it possibly be that some of the 2nd team OL is better than the first team? As of yesterday the first team ol included Petitti at LT, Columbo at RT, and the enigmatic Andre Gurode at C. The 2nd team had Petitti at RT, Johnson at C, and Adams at LT. That 2nd team unit sounds like it might have some of our better O-linemen.

good, arse point

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez said:
Hey! That was my my line! You beat me to it!

I couldn't have said it any better!

I took ALOT of heat from some of you guys, but it's all good now!

Rock On, Romo!

and people get on those who make a comment about Henson...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
PacoReloaded said:
Thanks for stating the obvious.

But you are absolutely correct.. even if Romo was on the same level, or even slightly better, than Bledsoe by the start of the season Parcells is going to go with Bledsoe.

bull****

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Armchair personnel decisions based on secondhand report are as the have always been STUPID. This entire thread is an excercise in futility.

Henson played better than both so i guess we should start him now.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

I agree. How can ANYONE, including Bill know Romo is "better" than Bledsoe? By preseason games? Ya right. It took us a couple years to really find out if Troy was gonna make it but people can tell Romo is better than Drew without EVER throwing an NFL pass? Just ridiculous:banghead:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Armchair personnel decisions based on secondhand report are as the have always been STUPID. This entire thread is an excercise in futility.

Henson played better than both so i guess we should start him now.

:hammer:

burmafrd

Reaction score
dumb thread.

Griz said something that actually makes sense: He said that while Henson had much better stats, he was making the WR's work to catch his passes- stretching, reaching, etc; while Romo was leading his WR's and hitting them in the hands. Accuracy is the real separator.

HanfordDixon

Please, Call Me Shirley
Reaction score
I agree. Romo needs to get on the field... during the preseason, so we know if we have a backup plan.

Any further suggestion he replace Bledsoe is assinine.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone said:
Start a QB who has no experience over a QB who is arguably a HOF QB? Bledsoe is still young, healthy, and can play the game. What has Romo got except a good swing, shortgame, and can throw the ball relatively well?

What are you smoking man?

Shock statements do not a juggernaut make.

No he's not.

The fear that I have is that it will only take a small decrease in his setup/read/deliver sequence to make him a very large liability at QB. Come'on the guy is 34! And he has small room for error. All of us age-- and again it won't take much of a drop-off in his skill set to make all of us wish that he wasn't the QB.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I'm not suggesting that our QB answer is even on the roster at this point IF Bledsoe can't do the job.

burmafrd

Reaction score
How old was Rich Gannon when he took his team to the SB?
How old was Elway when he finally WON a SB?
Earl Morral was about as old with thc colts and was older with the Dolphins.
Before them was YA Tittle, Otto Graham, SId Luckman, and so on. ALL of them were OLDER then BLedsoe is now when they either made it to or won the championship. So get a little perspective.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
No he's not.

The fear that I have is that it will only take a small decrease in his setup/read/deliver sequence to make him a very large liability at QB. Come'on the guy is 34! And he has small room for error. All of us age-- and again it won't take much of a drop-off in his skill set to make all of us wish that he wasn't the QB.

Now this i can agree with. Not saying this will happen, but it's plausible. Some athletes lose it right in front of your eyes. I see boxers "get old" in one fight. There is some degree of possibility he "gets old" in 2006. If that happens, we really do need time get Romo as much work as we can, but i tell you one thing, if DB does crack this year, chances are the year has a pretty good chance of going south. Unless Romo pulls a Tom Brady out his hat. Or maybe Kerry Collins will ride to the rescue mid season? Ya right. Sorry to say folks, there's a darn good chance it's Bledsoe or bust in 2006. But hey, ya never know?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Before them was YA Tittle, Otto Graham, SId Luckman, and so on. ALL of them were OLDER then BLedsoe is now when they either made it to or won the championship. So get a little perspective.

I agree, but the list of guys that lose it bt QB by 34 is a LOT longer than any list of guys that succeed past 34. I think all anyone's saying it there is a very real chance he could lose a step. There's also a very real chance Bledsoe plays and plays well 2-3 more years, maybe more. BUT IMHO Bills wants desperately to find out about Romo because he knows all kinds of things can happen to a guy DBs age.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Actually why don't you list a bunch of TOP QB's that suddenly at 34-35 lost it? I think you will find its a very short list- and most likely due to injury. Its a gradual process- the skills slowly go. BUT Bledsoe takes very good care of himself= works out very hard. And he is very tough. So frankly all this bleating barely a week into camp is ridiculous.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Actually why don't you list a bunch of TOP QB's that suddenly at 34-35 lost it? I think you will find its a very short list- and most likely due to injury. Its a gradual process- the skills slowly go. BUT Bledsoe takes very good care of himself= works out very hard. And he is very tough. So frankly all this bleating barely a week into camp is ridiculous.

I don't have the time nor the desire to dig for numbers because it's a mute point. Bledsoe is the QB and will be for this year. Now next year when the Cowboys have a bonus due, or an "out" as JFE called it, that may change? I do recall Bret Favre throwing something like 30 ints last year a sucking BIG TIME all of a sudden at the age of 35, but hey you think your right and i have watched football enough over the past 35 years to know i'm right. I'll leave it at that. Have a good one, off to work i go.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd said:

But brumafrd-- everyone ages at a different rate... it's not uniform. Hell I see folks I graduated with in highschool that are my age (43) where their hair is totally gray... or they have mega wrinkles already. We just don't age the same.

AND again we're talking about a situation where the separation between what is a good performance and what isn't isn't incredibly narrow... a few 1/10 of a second here and there can make a huge difference in the results.

Drew has been blessed by an incredibly strong arm and tremendous durability but what has kept him (in my opinion) from being an all-time great is his slow mechanics/recogniztion skills-- I think many would agree with that. And what eventually knocks him out of this league won't be due to his lack of arm strength. It will be due to his mechanics and his ability to read a defense quickly enough.

But to suggest he can "do it" just because someone else did it at a similar age or even older is not only simplistic but out-right wrong.

Elway... Gannon... Were completely different players with different strengths and weaknesses-- you can't compare the three players accurately.