This won't be pretty

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An excellent decision.
:thumbup:
Stephen Lang was another actor who owned in that movie as Ike Clanton.
An all-star cast. Lang was spot on as a hot headed, impulsive type. Michael Biehn playing Johnny Ringo -had to be the classic antisocial personality. The whole Clanton gang was very well cast.

plymkr

Reaction score
2000 was the best. It forced Jerry to hire Bill Parcells to get his stadium leading to Romo and Demarcus Ware Years. It lead to the firing of Larry Lacewell as Director of Player Personnel who drafted from 1994-2002.

The problem is that Jerry Jones keeps firing or running off Super Bowl Winning Head Coaches (Landry, Johnson and Parcells).
Don't forget Payton, but Payton left on his own but Jerry could have kept him

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
During a week one blowout loss, in-over-his-head-coach Dave Campo has Galloway stay in the game. After starting QB Troy Aikman's had suffered a severe concussion and the day was lost. Only for Galloway himself to tear his ACL and be lost for the season. Thanks coach!
And if you've actually kept reading to this point, good for you o glutton for punishment! I'm wondering if you can think of a worse time of decision-making and ineptitude?

Worst decision ever for the Cowboys.

The worst ever was Jimmy and Jerry parting ways. That prevented the Cowboys from being the GOAT. 3peat. 4peat. Maybe 5peat. There is no bigger chance to blow than GOAT.

Next worst.

Rushing back Terry Glenn from injury in 2007. Glenn reinjures knee. But we keep him on the roster for the year, and bring him back in time for the playoffs. With TO too hurt to play the game, Tony only has Crayton as a legitimate WR for the second half.

And Crayton blows 2 catches. The first one everyone remembers. Wide open drop. Most people *don't* remember Crayton pulling up on what should have been the game winner on the 2nd to last play.

If we had just waited on Glenn, the 2007 Cowboys, the best team since the SB years, has one healthy and competent starting WR for that game. Add that to how close the game was (should have been won), and we likely win, beating the eventual SB champs, with homefield advantage.

A healthy Glenn means we don't sign Roy. 1st and a 3rd, and gazillions guaranteed, keeping a poor starting WR on the field for window of Parcell's players.

The Roy Williams trade is often considered the worst trade ever. It blew the Parcells Grocery Shopping.

But bringing back Glenn early gave us the Roy Williams trade, *and* blew a SB run in 2007 with home field advantage with the best team since the SB years.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking at how awful the decisions of 2000 were. If anything, it illustrates just how far the organization has come since those dark days. It says nothing about what is happening now. In fact, I've mentioned many times within this thread about how much things have improved overall. I've especially given what I feel is well-deserved credit to Jerry Jones for learning his lessons. He's still a work in progress but I think he's come a long way as a football man.
We all could use a dose of perspective, which is like art. Some people do not appreciate Picasso, but are fascinated by Dali.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Worst decision ever for the Cowboys.

The worst ever was Jimmy and Jerry parting ways. That prevented the Cowboys from being the GOAT. 3peat. 4peat. Maybe 5peat. There is no bigger chance to blow than GOAT.

Next worst.

Rushing back Terry Glenn from injury in 2007. Glenn reinjures knee. But we keep him on the roster for the year, and bring him back in time for the playoffs. With TO too hurt to play the game, Tony only has Crayton as a legitimate WR for the second half.

And Crayton blows 2 catches. The first one everyone remembers. Wide open drop. Most people *don't* remember Crayton pulling up on what should have been the game winner on the 2nd to last play.

If we had just waited on Glenn, the 2007 Cowboys, the best team since the SB years, has one healthy and competent starting WR for that game. Add that to how close the game was (should have been won), and we likely win, beating the eventual SB champs, with homefield advantage.

A healthy Glenn means we don't sign Roy. 1st and a 3rd, and gazillions guaranteed, keeping a poor starting WR on the field for window of Parcell's players.

The Roy Williams trade is often considered the worst trade ever. It blew the Parcells Grocery Shopping.

But bringing back Glenn early gave us the Roy Williams trade, *and* blew a SB run in 2007 with home field advantage with the best team since the SB years.
Layer after layer of bad luck brought on one fiasco after another.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you can think of a worse time of decision-making and ineptitude?

I know, after all the time and thought you you put into what was a top notch post, I'm only going to comment on the very last sentence.

The day Jerry fired Wade and replaced him with his hand-picked Howdy Doody puppet boy ranks up there as one of the worst moves.

By the way, have you thought about how much worse things could have gotten had Jerry not wanted a new stadium? Parcels would have never been hired otherwise, and where would the franchise be now?

Asklesko

Reaction score
Bad players but great names. You never forget those names. I wouldn't be surprised if that factored into Jerry's equation.

Big_D

Reaction score
I know, after all the time and thought you you put into what was a top notch post, I'm only going to comment on the very last sentence.

The day Jerry fired Wade and replaced him with his hand-picked Howdy Doody puppet boy ranks up there as one of the worst moves.

By the way, have you thought about how much worse things could have gotten had Jerry not wanted a new stadium? Parcels would have never been hired otherwise, and where would the franchise be now?

Hiring Wade and Garrett was an inept move. That team was ready to take off then the GM brings in these 2 clowns. But hiring Garrett first then forcing him down the HCs throat was the icing on the cake of stupidity. Jerry being Jerry.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Comparable to, "The Cowboys," of Tombstone. Oh wait, that was the 2000-2003 team.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Looking at how awful the decisions of 2000 were. If anything, it illustrates just how far the organization has come since those dark days. It says nothing about what is happening now. In fact, I've mentioned many times within this thread about how much things have improved overall. I've especially given what I feel is well-deserved credit to Jerry Jones for learning his lessons. He's still a work in progress but I think he's come a long way as a football man.

I stand corrected. Fair enough.

I think the most important thing he has done is delegate tasks to those better suited to carrying them out. Turning the cap accounting over to Stephen; turning over scouting coordination over to McClay.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think the most important thing he has done is delegate tasks to those better suited to carrying them out. Turning the cap accounting over to Stephen; turning over scouting coordination over to McClay.
I know it's like giving the Devil his due, but occasional objectivity is necessary in the face of futility. 2019 will speak volumes of progress or redundancy.

ESisback

Reaction score
'Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.'
- George Santayana

Because I can. Because I can handle it when things aren't good and don't have to shut my eyes to it or pretend it never happened.

You can decide who you are.

Yes, I decide to be positive and move on, as opposed to perpetually wallowing in misery.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I have to admit that I've never bought into the theory that Jones only hired Parcells to get a stadium built. I think he saw the opportunity to get the team out of the ditch and back to respectability. The decisions made between Jimmy and Parcells helped to turn Jones and the Cowboys into a laughingstock. He needed to do something drastic to break that cycle, because prior to Big Bill they were a trainwreck.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I decide to be positive and move on, as opposed to perpetually wallowing in misery.

Sure, that's the way you see it. All evidence to the contrary. You got your warning in the very first sentence and felt compelled to both read on and comment.

If you think what you're doing is "positive", you've got another thing coming.

mrmojo

Reaction score
The Hambrick brothers......enough said.

These may have been the worst 3 years in Cowboys history, including the expansion years and Landry's last years. At least after 89 there was a glimmer of hope, although no one knew really at the time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Very much agreed. And best of all, he's listened to them when they've given him feedback.