This year's running game is better

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Having #29 in Dallas in '15 wouldn't have made this team a success.

Period.

You're welcome to your opinion. I think we would have had a better chance to win some of those close games with Murray. We were certainly a better team with him than without. Not keeping Murray was a very bad move. Messed up team chemistry for sure.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're welcome to your opinion. I think we would have had a better chance to win some of those close games with Murray. We were certainly a better team with him than without. Not keeping Murray was a very bad move. Messed up team chemistry for sure.

7-9 wouldn't do this team any good.

He'd add some yards and in turn would make the -12 TO ratio even worse.

Not even close to being worth $8 mil a season.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm knocked over with a feather.

Let me ask you this question. When ALL the rushing stats are added why did our team have a better running game in 2015 than in 2014? ALL stats, not just the ones you wanted to use.

If you wanted to say our running game was better in certain categories at certain times of the game then ok. But to say our running game was unequivocally better in 2015 vs 2014 is nothing more than weak conjecture.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
7-9 wouldn't do this team any good.

He'd add some yards and in turn would make the -12 TO ratio even worse.

Not even close to being worth $8 mil a season.

I agree 7-9 wouldnt do us any good but where are you getting 7-9 from? Just a hunch? We were one of the best NFC teams in the NFL last year. We were just as good as GB or Seattle. The major reason was because of our outstanding running game and our outstanding Oline. The team had amazing chemistry, so good in fact it made this joke coaching staff and front office look good which is almost impossible. When your team is gelling like that, you don't let that superstar RB get away. I think he was easily worth the money. So did Romo and JG, wasn't their decisions though.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Let me ask you this question. When ALL the rushing stats are added why did our team have a better running game in 2015 than in 2014? ALL stats, not just the ones you wanted to use.

If you wanted to say our running game was better in certain categories at certain times of the game then ok. But to say our running game was unequivocally better in 2015 vs 2014 is nothing more than weak conjecture.
Again, I am looking at ALL rushes in 2015. We are better in short yardage, we've had fewer stuffs (tackles for loss), and more 10+ yard runs. The only thing that is different is the 2nd level (5-10 yard) runs. Why did we have success on the 2nd level last year but not this year?

Remember, our passer rating on intermediate-to-deep throws is 50 points lower this year.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Again, I am looking at ALL rushes in 2015. We are better in short yardage, we've had fewer stuffs (tackles for loss), and more 10+ yard runs. The only thing that is different is the 2nd level (5-10 yard) runs. Why did we have success on the 2nd level last year but not this year?

Remember, our passer rating on intermediate-to-deep throws is 50 points lower this year.

Ok dude I'm done with this coversation. You can believe all you want this years running game is better than 2014. Nothing I or a million other people would say will change your mind.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Ok dude I'm done with this coversation. You can believe all you want this years running game is better than 2014. Nothing I or a million other people would say will change your mind.
:D All you have to do is know a little about football and put 2 and 2 together.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree 7-9 wouldnt do us any good but where are you getting 7-9 from? Just a hunch? We were one of the best NFC teams in the NFL last year. We were just as good as GB or Seattle. The major reason was because of our outstanding running game and our outstanding Oline. The team had amazing chemistry, so good in fact it made this joke coaching staff and front office look good which is almost impossible. When your team is gelling like that, you don't let that superstar RB get away. I think he was easily worth the money. So did Romo and JG, wasn't their decisions though.

Without Romo and a hurt Dez, the running game was not anywhere near strong enough to make this a winning club in 2015.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Without Romo and a hurt Dez, the running game was not anywhere near strong enough to make this a winning club in 2015.

Talk about moving the goalposts. The thread was about which year had the better rushing attack.

You made it about Murray and when proven wrong you say a few more wins wouldn't matter anyways.

It's only the reason they play the games and why we watch, but other than that "did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?"

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Talk about moving the goalposts. The thread was about which year had the better rushing attack.

You made it about Murray and when proven wrong you say a few more wins wouldn't matter anyways.

It's only the reason they play the games and why we watch, but other than that "did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?"

A. I don't think Murray would have made a difference.

B. Even if he had made a difference it wouldn't have been enough this season.

I don't think there's any more to be said on it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

especially since that wasn't the topic

CCBoy

Reaction score

Something about managing cash flows from contract values, instead of scrapping with an opponent with all one has and can bring to the carpet. Oh, they sweat...but does a fan feel satisfied with the year long struggle? Hell no, but I still am rooting that they show up, IN FULL!!

CCBoy

Reaction score

I would much rather have had Demarcus Ware than Hardy right now...

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score

I think Murray gets us at least 2 wins with Romo out. A big thing that people often forget is that Murray led the league in first downs last year. He was able to keep the chains moving and our defense rested.

Do I think that he would have repeated the same success he had last year, no...but I don't think his showing in Philly this year has to do with his lack of talent. He was averaging 5.0 + yards a carry before our o-line got anointed as the best in the league.

Dude can play, and would be playing well if he wasn't in Chip Kelly's dumpster fire offense. Put Murray in NYJ, SF, or any team that uses a power running game and his numbers would be much better than what they are now.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I think Murray gets us at least 2 wins with Romo out. A big thing that people often forget is that Murray led the league in first downs last year. He was able to keep the chains moving and our defense rested.
You might find this interesting.

first downs
2014: 493 rushes 113 first downs (22.9%)
2015: 295 rushes 75 first downs (25.4%)

time of average possession
2014: 3:02
2015: 3:26

We are keeping the chains moving (when we run, anyway), and we are keeping our defense rested, so those obviously aren't the reasons we've been losing.

team pass rating (NFL rank)
2014: 1st
2015: 26th

Thar she blows.