Those Cheating Refs

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is a pattern I have posted about for years.

Yesterday 32 Million fans watched the Cowboys & Bills. With 1:45 left in the second quarter and Buffalo up by 6, a pass from Prescott bounces to a Bill for an interception at the Dallas 42. Buffalo looks to get at least a FG and go into halftime leading by 9 or 13.

Millions of fans turn off the game, maybe ten million. The NFL loses tens of millions of dollars in TV Ad revenue, if not a hundred million.

But wait, that didn't happen. The refs threw a flag for Illegal Hands to the Face for a DL who barely (if at all) touched Prescott's neck while being pushed down. Prescott's head doesn't move from the contact. Romo's comment was that he didn't see the penalty but "two of those" happened against Dallas last week with the tripping penalties.

The Bills do not score again and a terrible call (in the Cowboys favor) just happens to put a lot of money in the NFL's pocket. If you watch for this pattern, you will see it often where a terrible call in the first half goes in favor of the team that is down and in danger of getting blown out (which keeps the game competitive.....which keeps the fans watching....which keeps the ad revenues rolling in)

After watching the Cowboys get two phantom tripping calls and a bogus hold that led directly to losing to the Patriots, I doubt too many Cowboys fans are concerned about a questionable call on the Bills that proved inconsequential to the game's outcome.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

Yesterday 32 Million fans watched the Cowboys & Bills. With 1:45 left in the second quarter and Buffalo up by 6, a pass from Prescott bounces to a Bill for an interception at the Dallas 42. Buffalo looks to get at least a FG and go into halftime leading by 9 or 13.

Millions of fans turn off the game, maybe ten million. The NFL loses tens of millions of dollars in TV Ad revenue, if not a hundred million.

But wait, that didn't happen. The refs threw a flag for Illegal Hands to the Face for a DL who barely (if at all) touched Prescott's neck while being pushed down. Prescott's head doesn't move from the contact. Romo's comment was that he didn't see the penalty but "two of those" happened against Dallas last week with the tripping penalties.

The Bills do not score again and a terrible call (in the Cowboys favor) just happens to put a lot of money in the NFL's pocket. If you watch for this pattern, you will see it often where a terrible call in the first half goes in favor of the team that is down and in danger of getting blown out (which keeps the game competitive.....which keeps the fans watching....which keeps the ad revenues rolling in)
I thought we got very favorable call's yesterday for the most part. The score could have been a lot worse.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I remember two ticky tack calls going in favor of Dallas, don't remember the Bills getting away with too much against us.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
We got beat in all phrases of the game. I don't think anyone is making an excuse about refs. This is just another click bait. Since I responded, you're good. :confused:

Cmac

Reaction score
I think you are missing the point, the penalty was called against a Bills DL to save the Cowboys from being down so far at halftime that a ton of fans would turn the game off. The illegal hands were to Prescott's face and you don't actually see the contact. You also don't see Prescott's head move.

Last year this happened for them in the first half of the Colts game and against them in the first half of the Bucs game. No matter what the left end of the Bell Curve posters think, its a pattern in the NFL and has been for years.
…..the refs in a Las Vegas Raiders game will not be able to scratch their rear ends during TV timeouts...….Conspiracy Theories on the way.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
All I have to say is that if your team is 6-6 and you are blaming the referees for your current state, you have a serious problem connecting with reality. That just means you believe games are rigged. If so, you might as well check out and stop watching the games. It is like a pro wrestling fan getting upset if that is the case.

Referees are inept all constantly and it is not just on Cowboy games. They just happen to seem bigger because we are plastered all over the place.

I get the tripping thing, the other injustices that keep getting repeated to gain significance.

But after each and every L?

Last edited:

JBS

Reaction score
The refs did such a good job of keeping the game close..

The bills were only up 26-7 at one point

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

My recollection is that part of the block by Tyron was obscured by the official so it was hard to tell if the defender did anything wrong. But from what they showed the DL had his hand in the upper chest or neck area. Not going to buy into a conspiracy when I'm not sure whether a penalty was committed.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That penalty wasn't committed against Prescott was it. I am trying to remember but wasn't that on a lineman?

I'm not sure the replay even showed the actual penalty. Almost like when they call pass interference against a DB on the opposite side of the field and all you see on replay is a DB using hover hands to cover an obviously wide open WR who didn't have the ball come his way.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
TV contracts are already signed and delivered from the NFL's perspective. A single crappy half in a single game in any given week is why they negotiate the contracts in terms of 5, 7, or even 10 years.

The money for viewership isn't so volatile that a single piss poor half of football is going to cost any single entity hundreds of millions, or even tens of millions of dollars. What piece of the puzzle would be willing to have their expenses/income be entirely dependent on a half-by-half basis of a single game in a single week?

Who here actually believes that advertisers, networks, and the NFL negotiate their payments and receipts on a game-by-game basis AFTER the games have been played? Anyone?

Kaiser

Reaction score
The refs did such a good job of keeping the game close..

The bills were only up 26-7 at one point

I'd love to know where I said in this thread - or any thread - that the refs have ever cost Dallas a win with bad calls. I've never said that, the point of this thread is something I've seen for years. I've posted the specifics of where this happened 3 times in the last 15 regular season games. And I've posted were it went in favor of Dallas twice and once against them, which reinforces my point that the dynamic is about ratings and not about favoring one team over another.

Kaiser

Reaction score
My recollection is that part of the block by Tyron was obscured by the official so it was hard to tell if the defender did anything wrong. But from what they showed the DL had his hand in the upper chest or neck area. Not going to buy into a conspiracy when I'm not sure whether a penalty was committed.

No, it was an interior lineman who broke past Martin right as Prescott was throwing. Martin shoved him and he stuck out his left arm as he was falling. His hand went under Dak's chinstrap and probably touched him but it was just grazing him at best. The replay was a clear shot of the play and Dak's head never moved, even an inch. If it actually was the penalty, it was an extremely tickytack call when Dak normally gets hit more than most QBs without a roughing call.

Kaiser

Reaction score
TV contracts are already signed and delivered from the NFL's perspective. A single crappy half in a single game in any given week is why they negotiate the contracts in terms of 5, 7, or even 10 years.

The TV contracts are entirely based on past revenue. And I'm not talking about one single game, I've been posting this for years. I don't watch enough other games to post the details of this for other teams but I've posted the details of it happening in 3 of the 15 Dallas games - where it was called in favor of the Cowboys 2 of 3 times.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
You should probably stop posting about it. :facepalm:

One commonality I see among conspiracy theorists is a lack of understanding about their subject matter.
:clap::clap::clap:Well said. Now I gotta go black helicopters on my *** with weird triangles on the sides.