Those Cheating Refs

Kaiser

Reaction score
I didn’t clearly say what I meant... I wasn’t saying it should have been called roughing on Dak, because it clearly wasn’t roughing. I was meaning to say that if there was a call for hands to the face on Dak, they wouldn’t call it as such, they’d call roughing, instead. The hands to the face had to have been to the face of an OLineman.

The TV feed was clear that it was on Prescott and I looked for anything online that would indicate it was done to an OL. I haven't found it and I've asked others to find it, no one has. Also if you watch the replays Phillips slices inside and Martin blocks him to the ground. Maybe there is a different camera angle but from what they showed the only time Phillips' hands were anywhere near an opponent it was when he lunged for Dak as he was falling. His finger tips may have grazed Dak's neck and if you look at the text of the rule I posted above, that would be the Hands to the Face penalty (in a hypertechnical sense).

If you find anything saying it was on an OL I'm happy to review that, but I haven't seen anything at all indicating that.