Those Cheating Refs

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
That penalty wasn't committed against Prescott was it. I am trying to remember but wasn't that on a lineman?
I would think they would have called “roughing the passer” if they were saying “hands to the face” against Dak. Have never seen “hands to the face” called against a QB.

JBS

Reaction score
I'd love to know where I said in this thread - or any thread - that the refs have ever cost Dallas a win with bad calls. I've never said that, the point of this thread is something I've seen for years. I've posted the specifics of where this happened 3 times in the last 15 regular season games. And I've posted were it went in favor of Dallas twice and once against them, which reinforces my point that the dynamic is about ratings and not about favoring one team over another.
Where did I say you said it cost them the game? I said what you are claiming is bs

MikeB80

Reaction score
I would think they would have called “roughing the passer” if they were saying “hands to the face” against Dak. Have never seen “hands to the face” called against a QB.

yea that is why I said that penalty was on the line. He made it out like it was a roughing call on dak.

Kaiser

Reaction score
yea that is why I said that penalty was on the line. He made it out like it was a roughing call on dak.

It was on Dak. The penalty was on Jordan Phillips "hitting" Dak with 1:45 in the first half. I just looked for a highlight clip but don't find it, if you have information that contradicts what they said during the broadcast (which I rewatched) please post it.

MikeB80

Reaction score
It was on Dak. The penalty was on Jordan Phillips "hitting" Dak with 1:45 in the first half. I just looked for a highlight clip but don't find it, if you have information that contradicts what they said during the broadcast (which I rewatched) please post it.

I will go look it up when I get a chance

Kaiser

Reaction score

Kaiser

Reaction score

I doubt they could call it Roughing the Passer when Dak didn't move. Phillips swiped at Dak and (if he hit him) grazed his chin. Even then Dak's head didn't move on the play, the replay is very clear.

When they showed it Romo said "I don't know what they see" or words to that effect.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The Buffalo paper doesn't who it was on but calls it a "phantom" call -

The officiating crew for calling what appeared to be a phantom illegal-hands-to-the-face penalty on Jordan Phillips to wipe out what would have been a second Bills interception, by Micah Hyde, and third Cowboy turnover.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/11/28/...cowboys-josh-allen-thanksgiving-nfl-football/

yea I agree it was a blown call, I just thought I remembered as hands to the face on a lineman, thought it was williams.

Creeper

Reaction score
The penalty was called on the DT who allegedly got his hand to the face of the Cowboys LG. The replay did not show the penalty because the camera angle was wrong. As others have posted, hands to the face of the QB would be roughing the passer.

And by the way, why would the networks pay billions to carry NFL games if the NFL got all the ad revenue?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Only on CZ could a ridiculous, I-don't-understand-how-marketing-works conspiracy theory get this much traction. :muttley:

What a stupid comment. What do you think the network bids are based on? The teams they rooted for as kids? How handsome they think Tom Brady is?

Kaiser

Reaction score
The penalty was called on the DT who allegedly got his hand to the face of the Cowboys LG. The replay did not show the penalty because the camera angle was wrong. As others have posted, hands to the face of the QB would be roughing the passer.

And by the way, why would the networks pay billions to carry NFL games if the NFL got all the ad revenue?

The TV crew said the opposite, feel free to post the play or your proof because no one else has seen that.

And then spend five minutes googling the network contracts and ad revenue.

Kaiser

Reaction score
As others have posted, hands to the face of the QB would be roughing the passer.

This the Hands to the Face penalty, which is what happened and what they called. It doesn't say "unless its a QB".

ARTICLE 7. ILLEGAL USE OF HANDS BY DEFENSE
It is a foul if a defensive player thrusts his hands or arms forward above the frame of an opponent to forcibly contact him on the neck, face, or head.

Note: Contact in close-line play is not a foul, unless it is direct and forcible, or prolonged.

Penalty: For Illegal Use of Hands by the Defense: Loss of five yards and an automatic first down.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-nfl-rulebook/#penalty-summary

This is Roughing the Passer:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/roughing-the-passer/

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is a pattern I have posted about for years.

Yesterday 32 Million fans watched the Cowboys & Bills. With 1:45 left in the second quarter and Buffalo up by 6, a pass from Prescott bounces to a Bill for an interception at the Dallas 42. Buffalo looks to get at least a FG and go into halftime leading by 9 or 13.

Millions of fans turn off the game, maybe ten million. The NFL loses tens of millions of dollars in TV Ad revenue, if not a hundred million.

But wait, that didn't happen. The refs threw a flag for Illegal Hands to the Face for a DL who barely (if at all) touched Prescott's neck while being pushed down. Prescott's head doesn't move from the contact. Romo's comment was that he didn't see the penalty but "two of those" happened against Dallas last week with the tripping penalties.

The Bills do not score again and a terrible call (in the Cowboys favor) just happens to put a lot of money in the NFL's pocket. If you watch for this pattern, you will see it often where a terrible call in the first half goes in favor of the team that is down and in danger of getting blown out (which keeps the game competitive.....which keeps the fans watching....which keeps the ad revenues rolling in)

:hammer:.....Sick to death of games being manipulated by the refs.:mad:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Only on CZ could a ridiculous, I-don't-understand-how-marketing-works conspiracy theory get this much traction. :muttley:

1. Bad call is made on the field
  2. kaiser asserts that it’s due to ratings/ad revenue.
  3. Board members rightly ridicule kaiser.
  4. kaiser claims his assertions are “facts.”
  5. Board members realize the level of intellect they’re dealing with and continue to talk around him.

Last edited:

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I doubt they could call it Roughing the Passer when Dak didn't move. Phillips swiped at Dak and (if he hit him) grazed his chin. Even then Dak's head didn't move on the play, the replay is very clear.

When they showed it Romo said "I don't know what they see" or words to that effect.
I didn’t clearly say what I meant... I wasn’t saying it should have been called roughing on Dak, because it clearly wasn’t roughing. I was meaning to say that if there was a call for hands to the face on Dak, they wouldn’t call it as such, they’d call roughing, instead. The hands to the face had to have been to the face of an OLineman.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am mad because I feel that the refs could have done more to help us...