Those who scoff at our FA preseason haul thus far, would you give 2 No. 1s for Deebo?

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Of course and in a heartbeat.
This would be a dream come true.

He could challenge CeeDee in dropped balls.
And give Zeke a longer break in the offseason so our star RB can workout in cabo to get in the shape of his life.
Our QB also would have another good WR to overthrow.
You're just a ray of sunshine! Lol.

I got a good laugh out of your post. I'm still a bigger fan of Zeke than most, but the rest of your post is hard to dispute.

Thanks for a laugh on a day I needed one!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
A No. 1 in 2023 and again in 2024 for a sullen Deebo?
Or a No. 1 in 2023 and a No. 2 in 2024 for Deebo?
(I do believe the 49ers know they'd be picking 15 in 2023 and 2024 anyway and not some high number. So either scenario would be generous, lads. Very generous.)

Look, suburban folk, you can't get anything of value without giving up something of value, correct?

So, debt-ridden lads of the Metroplex and beyond, if you really, really want Deebo and Stephen finds the money to pay Deebo, tha is a plausible way.
It is a 2 way street, blokes.

Holla
Sorry Junior, this post is the reason why you only have 13 thousand likes.............ha-haaaaaaa! But keep them com'in!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Well the Cowboys 100% wouldn't do it because they love the guys they draft.

San Fran wouldn't do it because I feel like they believe Deebo is worth more than just CeeDee straight up and they're probably right.

The only way this works out for the Cowboys is if we have both Deebo and CeeDee as a package because 1 for the other just seems too much like a wash.
The Cowboys are happy with Gallup and CeeDee. They got Gallup for peanuts. I am not 100% sure they will pay CeeDee even if he breaks out. Let’s say CeeDee has 95 catches 1400 yards and 10 touchdowns. He is going to want 30 million. I don’t think the Cowboys will want to pay that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys are happy with Gallup and CeeDee. They got Gallup for peanuts. I am not 100% sure they will pay CeeDee even if he breaks out. Let’s say CeeDee has 95 catches 1400 yards and 10 touchdowns. He is going to want 30 million. I don’t think the Cowboys will want to pay that.
I have a feeling that CeeDee is about to turn into JuJu Smith-Schuster after AB left.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

hard to say, the cap as well goes up cap is 208 mill this year and projected to be 218 in 2023. I agree that is a lot of money but it is what players are paid at that position. We don't want to pay RB or WR so where do you spend the money?

DanA

Reaction score
(I do believe the 49ers know they'd be picking 15 in 2023 and 2024 anyway and not some high number. So either scenario would be generous, lads. Very generous.)

Look, suburban folk, you can't get anything of value without giving up something of value, correct?

So, debt-ridden lads of the Metroplex and beyond, if you really, really want Deebo and Stephen finds the money to pay Deebo, tha is a plausible way.

Holla

I dare say it’s a small minority that thinks it’s a good idea to trade for Deebo. I’m guessing the vast majority though would have been in favor of signing a 1-tech or better linebacker than LVE.

Mikemcm

Reaction score

Holla
In a heartbeat playmakers like Deebo don't grow on trees. Our offense would be elite with Deebo. Plus we would probably picking really low if we got Deebo and the first Rd draft picks wouldn't matter.

Mannix

Reaction score
I don't know why ANY team would EVER give away ANY #1 picks when players of equal ability can be acquired via Free Agency....it's never made sense to me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't give up anything for a WR that is going to want 25M+. Compound one problem with another.

However, there is that sparkling track record with giving up 2 1sts for WR's that worked out so well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You would have to be crazy to give up two number ones for a receiver who’s only had one big year and doesn’t want to be utilized to the best of their ability. We had a terrific receiver who we gave away for a fifth round pick. Even though we didn’t target him enough he led the team in TD catches. Not about to give up the farm for another receiver who doesn’t want to do all the things that made them great in San Francisco. The last time we gave up two number ones for a receiver it blew up in our face. You don’t trade away a terrific receiver for a fifth round pick then turn around and give up two number one’s for another receiver and pay them even more money.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
No. Trading 2 firsts for a WR that wants a huge pay day? Why?

If they wanted to make a splashy trade for a WR, trading up for Jameson Williams was the move to make.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
hard to say, the cap as well goes up cap is 208 mill this year and projected to be 218 in 2023. I agree that is a lot of money but it is what players are paid at that position. We don't want to pay RB or WR so where do you spend the money?
Defense for once.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Really? You don’t think CeeDee is any good. The problem with JuJu is Ben was awful. Nobody wants to admit that.
If you look at Ben's numbers his downfall really started when AB left also. AB's last year was Ben's last great year. He lead the NFL in passing yards (5,129) and had 34 TD passes.

Ben's 2020 and 2021 seasons look really good stat wise, but if you watched him those years he clearly was a shell of himself and could not play at the level he used too.

AB made a lot of guys look better than they were at that time.

I HOPE that's not what happens with CeeDee, but we will see. Cooper has never been anywhere near the level of WR as AB, but still, a #1 receiver getting attention helps you look better.

terra

Reaction score

Holla
You would have to be a moron to want that moron on the team.

JonesBoys

Reaction score

Holla

I'm not giving up two high picks like that so no. I only think a QB is worth that haul. You can find good WR's in every draft class now. College game is pumping them out. Cowboys need to make sure the o-line is good. Forget giving up draft capitol for a WR.