Thoughts about Denver

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Having seen Denver too much this season, but did watch them against the two NY teams:

-Teddy Bridewater has beaten the Cowboys recently when it was with the NO Saints. He can beat you with his legs.

-Have a lot of talent on the offensive skill positions, 2 good backs, 2 good WR's. Sutton is probably their biggest weapon and should see Diggs a whole lot this game.

-OL is average at best. Force them into passing situations and the Cowboy D should have great chance for success.

-They just traded away their best and perhaps only pass rusher in Von Miller. Chubb is currently on the ir. Best player on their DL is Shelby Harris, this game is more about protecting the interior then the edges.

-LB's are a mash unit, many injuries have forced Browning from Ohio State, many including myself liked coming out in this year's draft. Cowboys should have a distinct advantage in running the football this week.

-Secondary has Simmons who is a star at Free Safety and Surtain, who many know I am not too high on as most. To be fair he has had a strong rookie season thus far. Put Cooper on him and see if he can handle quickness. Darby, the former Eagle is the player to attack in their secondary.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Having seen Denver too much this season, but did watch them against the two NY teams:

-Teddy Bridewater has beaten the Cowboys recently when it was with the NO Saints. He can beat you with his legs.

-Have a lot of talent on the offensive skill positions, 2 good backs, 2 good WR's. Sutton is probably their biggest weapon and should see Diggs a whole lot this game.

-OL is average at best. Force them into passing situations and the Cowboy D should have great chance for success.

-They just traded away their best and perhaps only pass rusher in Von Miller. Chubb is currently on the ir. Best player on their DL is Shelby Harris, this game is more about protecting the interior then the edges.

-LB's are a mash unit, many injuries have forced Browning from Ohio State, many including myself liked coming out in this year's draft. Cowboys should have a distinct advantage in running the football this week.

-Secondary has Simmons who is a star at Free Safety and Surtain, who many know I am not too high on as most. To be fair he has had a strong rookie season thus far. Put Cooper on him and see if he can handle quickness. Darby, the former Eagle is the player to attack in their secondary.

Well done, I always enjoy your write-ups. :clap:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Denver should be take seriously just like all other teams.

I know their record might be fools gold considering their wins are all against the bottom teams in the league, but that doesn't mean we can't lay an egg while they play lights out. Especially with us coming off such an emotional win Sunday.

If we take them seriously, play everyone that is cleared to play, and stay focused on the goal ahead then I see no reason why we shouldn't win this game.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The only Quarterback who has "beaten the Cowboys recently" was Brady. And we all know he was very lucky being Zuerlein missed three 3 pointers.

That said, the Von-less 4-4 Broncos head to Dallas to face off against arguably the best team in the league. This game looks like it could turn ugly very quickly no matter who the quarterback is for Dallas.

The Fangio D will enter the game with a skeleton crew at LB & edge, AND they won’t have Bryce Callahan to help lock down the slot. Good practice game for our Boys. BOOM!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All games are hard games, as you never know in the NFL. A game not to be taken lightly. Which I am sure MM and the staff are telling the players. They already know this, but it can't be expressed enough. Especially too rookies. As many of them need to learn things are much harder in the NFL than in college.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Denver should be like.....
YellowishPlumpAcornweevil-max-1mb.gif

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until the broncs traded Von Miller, they had a very good defense. With that trade and a few injuries, their D is somewhat diminished. Their defense has been one of the top 5 in points against. I expect this game to be very physical.

RaZon

Reaction score
Getting them right after losing a team leader in Von Miller, cool!

Not too concerned with them, we appear to be on a whole other level than a Denver right now. They are what their record says they are a 4-4 team we are a Superbowl contender.

Speaking of Von Miller, he had a funny line.........went to sleep 4-4, woke up 7-1....haha1!!!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

concerned that if we take them lightly we will lose which can happen on any given sunday anyway

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We got our butts kicked when we played them in 2017. It's time for some payback.

i remember that game....its like we were not prepared at all....seems this team is different....opportunistic....the defense rises to occasion....and i am Ok Dak or Rush this game...but we have to take it seriously

or we will lose

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Until the broncs traded Von Miller, they had a very good defense. With that trade and a few injuries, their D is somewhat diminished. Their defense has been one of the top 5 in points against. I expect this game to be very physical.

that Ultimate looks good on you

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Still hating on the 2nd best defensive player in the draft. I believe the Cowboys defense would different but just as successful if we drafted Surtain. Anyway let’s not over rate Teddy B, Cousins is better then him. They had home games against the Raiders and Ravens to prove their worth. Got embarrassed both games. I would be worried if Rush was starting but Dak should put up 35+ and the Broncos won’t be able to score that much.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
At 4-4 Denver needs this game. No doubt they’ll come in ready to play. The Cowboys have been involved in dogfights the last two weeks so they can’t afford to be taking anyone for granted. Three of our six wins were by six points or less. The Cowboys have a real good team but they’re no juggernaut. I’m expecting a tough game every week. I’m hoping the team is too because if they become full of themselves and complacency starts to set in they’re in trouble. Too many of our good teams got caught up reading their press clippings and never became the teams they could’ve been.