Thoughts about Denver

T-RO

Reaction score
Having seen Denver too much this season, but did watch them against the two NY teams:

-Teddy Bridewater has beaten the Cowboys recently when it was with the NO Saints. He can beat you with his legs.

Agree w/you on most all your points, not this. Bridgewater has 70 yards rushing for the whole season on 18 carries. 3.9 YPC. Injuries have stolen much of his movement skills. And his arm while not horrible, but nothing special.

Reactions: BAT

RonWashington

Reaction score
Coming off Minnesota and a road win then Denver gets rid of Von Miller I thought this was the perfect set up to give Dak another week off .

Cebrin

Reaction score
Having seen Denver too much this season, but did watch them against the two NY teams:

-Teddy Bridewater has beaten the Cowboys recently when it was with the NO Saints. He can beat you with his legs.

-Have a lot of talent on the offensive skill positions, 2 good backs, 2 good WR's. Sutton is probably their biggest weapon and should see Diggs a whole lot this game.

-OL is average at best. Force them into passing situations and the Cowboy D should have great chance for success.

-They just traded away their best and perhaps only pass rusher in Von Miller. Chubb is currently on the ir. Best player on their DL is Shelby Harris, this game is more about protecting the interior then the edges.

-LB's are a mash unit, many injuries have forced Browning from Ohio State, many including myself liked coming out in this year's draft. Cowboys should have a distinct advantage in running the football this week.

-Secondary has Simmons who is a star at Free Safety and Surtain, who many know I am not too high on as most. To be fair he has had a strong rookie season thus far. Put Cooper on him and see if he can handle quickness. Darby, the former Eagle is the player to attack in their secondary.

If Dak plays it should be a blowout.

Reactions: BAT

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Agree w/you on most all your points, not this. Bridgewater has 70 yards rushing for the whole season on 18 carries. 3.9 YPC. Injuries have stolen much of his movement skills. And his arm while not horrible, but nothing special.
Good catch, as I stated just watched him in two game this season.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

-Have a lot of talent on the offensive skill positions, 2 good backs, 2 good WR's. Sutton is probably their biggest weapon and should see Diggs a whole lot this game.

-OL is average at best. Force them into passing situations and the Cowboy D should have great chance for success.

-They just traded away their best and perhaps only pass rusher in Von Miller. Chubb is currently on the ir. Best player on their DL is Shelby Harris, this game is more about protecting the interior then the edges.

-LB's are a mash unit, many injuries have forced Browning from Ohio State, many including myself liked coming out in this year's draft. Cowboys should have a distinct advantage in running the football this week.

-Secondary has Simmons who is a star at Free Safety and Surtain, who many know I am not too high on as most. To be fair he has had a strong rookie season thus far. Put Cooper on him and see if he can handle quickness. Darby, the former Eagle is the player to attack in their secondary.

I have not followed the Von Miller situation.

Why did they trade him? They're only 1 game back from the their division's leading team.

Edit: It appears to be a locker-room issue.

Last edited:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Denver is in no position to make a serious playoff run they made a good trade getting premium return for a 32 yr old linebacker

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
They are also missing their LT Bolles who has been highly rated per PFF.

Their strength is in the secondary. Simmons is probably the best Safety we'll see all season except for Derwin James. Kareem Jackson is a good S. Surtain and Darby are good CBs.

Im guessing this will be a game similar to the Carolina game where the Zeke/Pollard duo gets going in the running game. As you mentioned, they are extremely weak at LB.

Huge fan of Justin Simmons too.

He had a knack for the INT even in college.

Wanted badly for Cowboys to draft him in 2016.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I just predicted 34-20 in the game thread. I can see us starting a little conservative and then lighting them up in the 2nd half.

Denver does not allow a lot of points, 2nd in NFL in PPG allowed.

But Broncos do not score a lot of points either.

Like Panthers, Broncos have not played many elite offenses so these ranking could be skewed.

Predict Cowboys win by double digits.

RonWashington

Reaction score
They said Carolina had a stout defense and after halftime adjustments Dallas led 36-14.

Anyone know what the make up of the Oline will be minus # 77. Is 71 our new LT for the time being ?

Thomas82

Reaction score
We haven't beaten the Broncos since Week 2 of the 1995 season. That's plenty of motivation in itself for us to want to beat them tomorrow.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I have not followed the Von Miller situation.

Why did they trade him? They're only 1 game back from the their division's leading team.

Edit: It appears to be a locker-room issue.
He is a fa next season along with rumblings that something happened at a halloween party. Getting a 2 and a 3 is good value, especially if they weren't going to resign him.